GT 4/29: This ends tonight! White Sox vs. Rays - 6:10 CT

The Beast

1 minute ago, Pale Sox said:

I’m a recovering alcoholic and I’m not even exaggerating when I say this s%*# has me thinking about booze. 

loyalty is a sucker trait. Go for the winner. 

Much like losing streaks, one day at a time

Just now, South Side Hit Men said:

f*** you Bob Nightengale, and f*** Jerry Reinsdorf for calling you up on his rotary phone to tell you to tweet this.

Tony did a great job of deflecting blame from crappy players. 

1 hour ago, Capn12 said:

Why in God's name did 28k people show up to this debacle? Lets keep rewarding the cesspool of an organization by going to the games.

Go to the games? I don't even watch them on TV anymore! I come here for the reports.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Pale Sox said:

I’m a recovering alcoholic and I’m not even exaggerating when I say this s%*# has me thinking about booze. 

loyalty is a sucker trait. Go for the winner. 

Not worth it. No point in being mad. I’ve accepted they’ll never be a true contender until they have a new owner. It’s just sad/funny at this point.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, South Side Hit Men said:

f*** you Bob Nightengale, and f*** Jerry Reinsdorf for calling you up on his rotary phone to tell you to tweet this.

"I actually paged him, if you must know."

jerry.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Not worth it. No point in being mad. I’ve accepted they’ll never be a true contender until they have a new owner. It’s just sad/funny at this point.

No, I know. Just venting. Thank you though. 

it always kinda bugged me when people called TLR an alcoholic in such insulting terms. I’m an alcoholic. It sucks, but most of us are pretty cool people. Just have a problem. I’ve dealt with it and I’m doing great so f*** off. 

Edited by Pale Sox
  • Like 1

Just now, Texsox said:

Tony did a great job of deflecting blame from crappy players. 

I agree with you, the past four managers have done a good job trying to cover for a decade of bad players. Tony seemed to just want to be their grandpa and friend, and consequences only came when one offended "the book", not when they didn't hustle or play smart baseball beyond rookies. Veterans were not held accountable.

Pedro just walked into this s%*# show, nobody can or should judge him at this point and most likely feel sorry this was his first opportunity.

Hahn was always the primary issue the past several years, including the  laughable "Executive of the Year" aborted season he keeps bringing up to deflect even mild criticism for his pathetic record as General Manager.

• Like 1

What really bugs me right now is how comfortable the Rays hitters were in the box. After a while, you need to throw inside. And after Paredes mocked the Sox dugout last night, how do you not drill him tonight? How?

And how has the roster stayed the same since Toronto besides the Giolito/Banks move?

Fucking do something!!!!

1 minute ago, flavum said:

What really bugs me right now is how comfortable the Rays hitters were in the box. After a while, you need to throw inside. And after Paredes mocked the Sox dugout last night, how do you not drill him tonight? How?

And how has the roster stayed the same since Toronto besides the Giolito/Banks move?

Fucking do something!!!!

this team has been full of weak minded nice guys since Ozzie was fired, how long have we been talking about how soft they are, goes back to the Rongey days

4 minutes ago, flavum said:

Fucking do something!!!!

The team will do something as soon as Anderson, Hendricks and Crochet are ready to return. You can also add Moncada 

Edited by elrockinMT
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, elrockinMT said:

The team will do something as soon as Anderson, Hendricks and Crochet are ready to return 

Cmon elrockin. Even when those guys return, they will continue to lose. And even if they do miraculously start winning (probably from the mercy of their opponents) the team has dug itself in too deep of a hole. The writing is on the wall. The jig is up. The team is done.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, HoosierSox said:

Move the team to Charlotte. Basically playing like a AAA team now.

Move the team to Crestwood.  There's waterfront property right on the Cal Sag that would be perfect.  The smell of the river will complement the team perfectly.

Edited by Green Line
  • Like 1