GT 4/29: This ends tonight! White Sox vs. Rays - 6:10 CT

The Beast

It’s 10:33pm the 1st posts saying “let’s go, the 2 nd said let’s win tonight and turn the season around. Of I’m paraphrasing as they say. Day 4 of my total boycott. Went downtown with my wife to celebrate our anniversary, had a great diner, staying overnight at a very nice hotel. Caught up on the draft and then saw the score of the game. Nothing changed, still boycotting. Until JR gets his head out of his ass I’m still boycotting. Sell the team or fire the entire front office. I’ll check back in tomorrow after the. Game. I won’t watch it or care about it. We’ll talk tomorrow 

5 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Welcome to last place... at least a tie for that spot with the putrid Royals who broke a nine game losing streak at Minnesota... and beat Jhoan Duran. 

Meanwhile, Pirates 20-8 without Oneil Cruz. 

Kinda feels like you're cheating on the Padres with the Pirates.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

only culprit EXCEPT for season ticket holders counted... not sure about fireworks anymore

I’m not a fan of not having the fireworks after games, I thought that was a nice selling point for the games. They must want fans out of their parking lots and off their lawns.

1 hour ago, joejoesox said:

loving the sell the team chants. kinda wish we had a big market team in town so huge TV markets could pick up the story

There were some sell the team chants, but it wasn’t as loud as the collective boo when the ducks in right field left, when they made the last out of the seventh and when the game ended.

1 hour ago, Donny Lucy's Avocado Farm said:

Sox fans should gather in the parking lot after the game and ceremoniously BURN a pile of their gate prize Sox jerseys. 

They were actually nice quality jerseys, but I had to settle for a medium since they were out of XL. No big deal, I wasn’t expecting to get one with our tailgate ending 10 minutes before first pitch.

1 hour ago, ScootsMcGoots said:

I hope you had a great time regardless of this very predictable outcome!

Thank you - it is always fun to spend time with friends and family on my birthday every year. The gift of today was just being able to be present and spend time with the people who were with me.

15 minutes ago, AJ'S Cousin said:

It’s 10:33pm the 1st posts saying “let’s go, the 2 nd said let’s win tonight and turn the season around. Of I’m paraphrasing as they say. Day 4 of my total boycott. Went downtown with my wife to celebrate our anniversary, had a great diner, staying overnight at a very nice hotel. Caught up on the draft and then saw the score of the game. Nothing changed, still boycotting. Until JR gets his head out of his ass I’m still boycotting. Sell the team or fire the entire front office. I’ll check back in tomorrow after the. Game. I won’t watch it or care about it. We’ll talk tomorrow 

Everyone has a way of dealing with the White Sox. I do a soft boycott, where I just watch the games when I feel like it at a certain point. There is a point where I enjoy the team and when things go south I just stop paying attention. In the end it is frustrating and sad that they can’t compete. It’s sad that they are usually competitive enough to be exciting at the start of the year and then it goes downhill. What is also sad is that traditions for families like SoxFest are no longer around. And yet, the gimmicks used to juice attendance to watch this team are bringing in dollars to line the owner’s pockets so he can take the money and blind loyalty to the grave.

White Sox baseball…deal with it.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Fire 1

2 minutes ago, bmags said:

Went in my anniversary night tonight. 4 years ago on my anniversary dinner TA walked off the tigers in what seemed like a fun night for an ascending team. Oh well. Perspective.

That was my birthday game. What a fun memory before the pandemic!

2020 to 8/12/21: 103-73 

8/13/21 to present: 113-123

The best it would ever get was the field of dreams game.

A game that didn’t even really matter much.

That was our World Series with this bunch.

That was enough for them.

That one regular season game. 

What a shame it was so fleeting.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, bryank1202 said:

RICK HAHN is MLBs 3rd longest tenured GM behind Brian Cashman and Mike Rizzo.  

Hahn has been completely out performed by the Cubs FO this year.  Adding Swanson, Bellinger, Mancini, Hosmer all proven performers with playoff/World Series experience as well as Susuki are making Cubs contenders this year.  Hahn adds Benintendi a slap hitter for a homer friendly park and not much more. Sox are losers.

"Meanwhile, many of the fans who booed Robert for his apparent lack of effort changed to “Sell the team” during the Rays’ outburst."

From Mark Gonzales' wrap up post mortem story tonight. Love it!

Also Grifol wouldn't confirm they called a team meeting after tonight's farce.

Here we go with the team meetings now. Losers call meetings, winners win games.