Robert benched mid game for not hustling and/or tweaked hammy

caulfield12

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

Rays' broadcast theorized either knee or hamstring tweakedcas well. 

Just following TLR rulebook and had a momentary lapse or flashback to 2022? 

The fact that Merkin (mouthpiece) immediately says it was a manager's decision tells me this is Pedro sending a message. The fact that Luis has been standing in the dugout ever since reinforces it.  Effect?  We will probably be running hard to 1st as we lead the league again in ground ball rate. 

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

Just now, PitchatRisktoZisk said:

The fact that Merkin (mouthpiece) immediately says it was a manager's decision tells me this is Pedro sending a message. The fact that Luis has been standing in the dugout ever since reinforces it.  Effect?  We will probably be running hard to 1st as we lead the league again in ground ball rate. 

Ozzie went through this with Alex Rios and it didn't really take. 

One thing is for sure... the Pirates and Orioles this year don't seem to have any problems hustling, just like the Guardians last year. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What is there to debate or discuss?  This ChiSox roster has acted like their crap don’t stink for quite some time.  

Miguel Cairo’s “If you don’t want to be here, get the f out” after taking over worked for a couple weeks.  

Grifol needed to send a message to this roster.  No more BS.

Edited by DFAthewave69420
  • Like 3

It's even more bizarre. Robert said he had a tight hammy so he decided he was going to half ass it today. He told Eloy and Andrus, but no one on the coaching or training staff.  When Pedro asked him after he loafed if he was OK he said yes. So they benched him.  Robert doesn't know Charlie Montoya's name.  Either Eloy or Elvis eventuallly told Pedro what was up.R Chuck is so dismayed.

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

It's even more bizarre. Robert said he had a tight hammy so he decided he was going to half ass it today. He told Eloy and Andrus, but no one on the coaching or training staff.  When Pedro asked him after he loaded if he was OK he said yes. So they benched him.  Robert doesn't know Charlie Montoya's name. R Chuck is so dismayed.

Where can I find this interview??

• Thanks 1

Robert doesn’t know the coaches names, doesn’t know who is in the line up. Why do I think if he was with another organization, he wouldn’t have these issues? This to me is an indictment of the White Sox organization.. He needs some mental development. Send him down. I think if he was a Ray, he might be MVP. They would have forced him to learn what he needs to know. Just more accountability issues.

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Like 12

2 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Robert doesn’t know the coaches names, doesn’t know who is in the line up. Why do I think if he was with another organization, he wouldn’t have these issues? This to me is an indictment of the White Sox organization.. He needs some mental development. Send him down. I think if he was a Ray, he might be MVP. They would have forced him to learn what he needs to know. Just more accountability issues.

Robert like so, so many of the Sox players is simply "baseball-stupid." Period. 

• Like 5
  • Fire 1

2 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Robert doesn’t know the coaches names, doesn’t know who is in the line up. Why do I think if he was with another organization, he wouldn’t have these issues? This to me is an indictment of the White Sox organization.. He needs some mental development. Send him down. I think if he was a Ray, he might be MVP. They would have forced him to learn what he needs to know.

He’d 100% be a star anywhere else IMO.  No doubt in my mind his lack of maturity and underachievement is a symptom of an organization that is rotten to the core.

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Just another case of a player being paid before he’s ever done anything and being totally comfortable with whatever results happen afterwards. Moncada, Eloy and him are all in the same boat when it comes to this. Robert doesn’t even know his own coaching staff yet we have expect him to make simple adjustments at the plate or watch tape of how pitchers are throwing to him. Pure laziness with being comfortable with where they are at, it’s that simple.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

He’d 100% be a star anywhere else IMO.  No doubt in my mind his lack of maturity and underachievement is a symptom of an organization that is rotten to the core.

I think there is a lack of peer pressure setting good culture example. Which is of course, the responsibility of the organization to aquire the right people in the clubhouse. We hoped Pedro could artificially make thgings happpen along those lines. But he has to be backed up by a GM ready to make changes. Gas Can Kuechel flamed out, but early on he identified a problem on this team. The organization is static and sentimental.

Edited by Chick Mercedes
  • Like 3

• caulfield12 changed the title to Robert benched mid game for not hustling and/or tweaked hammy