4/30- Rays vs Sox VII, 1:10

flavum

28 minutes ago, wegner said:

Patiently waiting for the lineup to see if Robert is in it.

Better not be.  If he truly has “tired legs”, he needs to rest.  If he was dogging it, he needs to sit.  He’s not helping the team win.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, soxrwhite said:

I want the Sox to win. C'mon so do you.

With all do respect, I don’t. At this point, the best outcome there is for the team is for Hahn’s entire operation to go completely down in flames in historic fashion. Reinsdorf will only respond to losing real value, and this is the only way to exact that. It’s clear Hahn and co. cant win. If Reinsdorf won’t sell the best outcome is for whatever next yes man to get lucky. Hahn is neither lucky or good.

Edited by Greg Hibbard
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Fire 2

10 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

With all do respect, I don’t. At this point, the best outcome there is for the team is for Hahn’s entire operation to go completely down in flames in historic fashion. Reinsdorf will only respond to losing real value, and this is the only way to exact that. It’s clear Hahn and co. cant win. If Reinsdorf won’t sell the best outcome is for whatever next yes man to get lucky. Hahn is neither lucky or good.

I was thinking about what JR could do and how fans would react to firing Hahn, making KW oversee the team and make moves until the end of the year. Then they promote Getz. How would that date around here if the general consensus is to want perspectives outside of the organization?

• Hawk 1

17 minutes ago, The Beast said:

I was thinking about what JR could do and how fans would react to firing Hahn, making KW oversee the team and make moves until the end of the year. Then they promote Getz. How would that date around here if the general consensus is to want perspectives outside of the organization?

I do think the scalp of Rick Hahn will sate a little bit of the anger.

I also think that several more years of struggling will leave this fan base as withered and apathetic as the As were The last couple years, primed for moving.

Just now, Balta1701 said:

I do think the scalp of Rick Hahn will date a little bit of the anger.

I also think that several more years of struggling will leave this fan base as withered and apathetic as the As were The last couple years, primed for moving.

Would this franchise actually move though?

12 minutes ago, The Beast said:

I believe some owners would prefer to not share a city's affections with another baseball team. It would also intrigue some owners to be the hero that brings baseball to (fill in expansion city). 

I don't really believe it to be true, but JR could basically use it as a "you want me to sell? Look what that got you. Waving goodbye to the team!"

19 minutes ago, The Beast said:

Jerry is a zombie with one foot in his grave. All about Jerry's kids and how they will make most money on sale. Hard to see how a smaller media market makes the franchise more valuable.

Regardless, until Jerry dies, nothing significant is going to happen. 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, The Beast said:

Ask it this way. What happens if the team continues to White Sox for the next 5 years, the fan base atrophies and shrinks, and then Reinsdorf and Co. go to the city and state and demand another sweetheart deal on a new stadium? 

• Like 1