4/30- Rays vs Sox VII, 1:10

flavum

30 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

Funny thing is Bummer gets the win.

Still one of the dumbest and weird nuances of baseball that a reliever who sucked during the game, just because of a miraculous comeback hitting form the team, gets a win. Bummer still is a POS pitcher and needs to be gone!

40 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

That was a great comeback and great clutch hitting at the end, especially from Vaughn. I'm happy they could feel a comeback and actually celebrate a win. 

However before everyone goes crazy about Haseley as I've read with several comments. Some of you seem to forget that Adam Haseley was up last year and he was bad. He had 5 hits in 21 AB's in 14 games in 2022. Don't forget also, he was the player who collided with Danny Mendick because of his stupidity of not calling for correctly or loud enough the flyball that cost Mendick a season ending torn ACL. 

One game doesn't change anything. Are we always going to score like this going forward? If this is that miraculous turn around then great. I need to see it consistently first.

This bullpen still sucks and the worst in baseball and they are never going to score enough to make up for it. 

This is baseball and every bad team now and then can win a game and beat a better team. Let's pump the brakes for a moment, before we plan the parade with Rick Hahn. 

Does it make sense for Robert to ride the bench for another game or two so Haseley can play, or no?

13 minutes ago, Donny Lucy's Avocado Farm said:

I'm happy to have been 100% wrong on Abreu (not re-signing him).  

April Abreu is a very real thing that we've lived with. He won an MVP because April didn't exist that year. So may be a little early on that. Sub .700 OPS the last two aprils.

• Like 1

Just heard about the miracle on 35th Street. Glad it was Vaughn. Still boycotting., one miracle win is not changing my mind. They still all need to go. Still will not watch or attend a game. JR has to sell or at a minimum clean out the front office. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AJ'S Cousin said:

Just heard about the miracle on 35th Street. Glad it was Vaughn. Still boycotting., one miracle win is not changing my mind. They still all need to go. Still will not watch or attend a game. JR has to sell or at a minimum clean out the front office. 

Please just let us enjoy this great comeback win 

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

April Abreu is a very real thing that we've lived with. He won an MVP because April didn't exist that year. So may be a little early on that. Sub .700 OPS the last two aprils.

Even by Abreu standards this April has been bad for him. His underlying stats look bad now too. ESPN showed a graphic today, his BB and hard hit rates are down while his K rate is up compared to last year.

1 hour ago, elrockinMT said:

Please just let us enjoy this great comeback win 

Baseball is supposed to be entertainment, and that 9th inning was darn entertaining.  I'm glad I didn't turn off the game earlier.

2 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

Even by Abreu standards this April has been bad for him. His underlying stats look bad now too. ESPN showed a graphic today, his BB and hard hit rates are down while his K rate is up compared to last year.

It hurt to see him leave, but no way the Sox should've given him a 3 year contract. It was the right move to not sign him.

1 hour ago, wegner said:

It hurt to see him leave, but no way the Sox should've given him a 3 year contract. It was the right move to not sign him.

But it was insanity to not try to sign a star player if there were any in free agency or make a trade to get some 'name' player. I feel it's dumb to drop a vet like Abreu and just count on Vaughn. Although Vaughn and Burger each might hit 25 plus homers this year if they get the at bats.

2 hours ago, greg775 said:

But it was insanity to not try to sign a star player if there were any in free agency or make a trade to get some 'name' player. I feel it's dumb to drop a vet like Abreu and just count on Vaughn. Although Vaughn and Burger each might hit 25 plus homers this year if they get the at bats.

All those shortstops were in the $150-200 million range and up. 

If we weren't willing to do it for Tim Anderson, they're certainly not paying that money to someone coming over from another organization. 

Aaron Judge was never realistic, either, just like Ohtani this upcoming offseason. 

5 hours ago, greg775 said:

This is the White Sox you’re talking about here.

Edited by Bob Sacamano

13 hours ago, The Beast said:

Does it make sense for Robert to ride the bench for another game or two so Haseley can play, or no?

That depends on the health of Robert. If he is still hurting from his hammy, then of course play him for Robert. Also maybe some games for Colas. Both Colas and Robert are both struggling, so if we can get a spark from Haseley, then I would play him for awhile. I am just saying that every player can have big day now and then. I'm just not setting my expectations very high for Haseley until he can prove he can hit consistently at the ML level. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

That depends on the health of Robert. If he is still hurting from his hammy, then of course play him for Robert. Also maybe some games for Colas. Both Colas and Robert are both struggling, so if we can get a spark from Haseley, then I would play him for awhile. I am just saying that every player can have big day now and then. I'm just not setting my expectations very high for Haseley until he can prove he can hit consistently at the ML level. 

He's closer to another Benintendi. 

Career fWAR of 0.6 in 137 games, 705 ops and 88 for wRC+. 

Not quite a center fielder and not enough power for an outfield corner spot. 

Certainly adequate as a 4th/5th guy.