Reinsdorf Quotes

Buehrle>Wood

1 minute ago, Quin said:

Who's gonna have the last laugh when Harper and Machado are at the end of their deals*? Huh? Did you think about that???

*Please ignore the fact that neither of them are in the Top 10 highest paid players by AAV now, let alone by 2030.

We will be paying Moncada $24,000,000 next season. Harper will be paid $27,000,000.

"How in the world could these guys have made money to buy a team??"

• Like 1
  • Fire 4

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Bryce Harper coming back from DL today after nearly half a year off... good timing. 

Yeah well at least he had a real injury, not lingering ouchies that span multiple seasons.

12 minutes ago, Quin said:

Who's gonna have the last laugh when Harper and Machado are at the end of their deals*? Huh? Did you think about that???

*Please ignore the fact that neither of them are in the Top 10 highest paid players by AAV now, let alone by 2030.

The rate we’re going, by 2030 thirty million a year may be an average salary.

…for an electrician

2 minutes ago, T R U said:

We will be paying Moncada $24,000,000 next season. Harper will be paid $27,000,000.

"How in the world could these guys have made money to buy a team??"

Ignoring Moncada, Robert and Eloy, I feel like all of the "money will be spent" signings (and Leury extension) will definitely equal both Harper and Machado's original deals (so not counting Machado's extension) by the time this is all said and done.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Bryce Harper coming back from DL today after nearly half a year off... good timing. 

“Half a year off” more like he missed a month of actual baseball

Just now, Quin said:

Ignoring Moncada, Robert and Eloy, I feel like all of the "money will be spent" signings (and Leury extension) will definitely equal both Harper and Machado's original deals (so not counting Machado's extension) by the time this is all said and done.

Keuchel Lynn Grandal Abreu Hendriks/Kimbrel... is what it actually amounts to. 

2 minutes ago, Quin said:

I would be interested to see those numbers because it feels like they are a couple hundo short

Just now, Kyyle23 said:

“Half a year off” more like he missed a month of actual baseball

Okay... no baseball activities and limited to DH from the time the elbow issue was diagnosed. 

Harper is worth his entire contract to many Phils fans for last year alone... same with Wheeler. 

7 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

I would be interested to see those numbers because it feels like they are a couple hundo short

I should be way clearer - by "all said and done" I mean by the end of the Harper and Machado contracts.

So basically by 2031.

33 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

Sox fans: This is terrible, we are such an embarrassing organization! Jerry Reinsdorf is the worst owner! They treat their fans like absolute trash!

JR: Shut up and give me your money

Sox fans: Yes sir

image.jpeg

• Like 1

Hes not wrong, sometimes you can finish 2nd, 3rd, 4th and it doesn't mean it was a bad season. This of course, does not apply to his team that is supposed to be in its contention window. Finishing 2nd, 3rd, or 4th in this division is embarrassing for what this team was supposed to be.

We already knew that's how he felt anyways. Again, its not about the money its about winning. Well if its about winning finishing 2nd, 3rd, or 4th will never be anything other than a bad season with those expectations.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, bmags said:

I feel like "fans that hand over their money regardless of product on the field" is not a description that applies to white sox fans.

Yea, in fact we are known for not doing that lol 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Kyyle23 said:

Yea, in fact we are known for not doing that lol 

As a fanbase, we really do embody "if you build it, they will come."

Which is why Jerry's stewardship is so mind bogglingly stupid.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Quin said:

As a fanbase, we really do embody "if you build it, they will come."

Which is why Jerry's stewardship is so mind bogglingly stupid.

Remember, this is the guy that sits in the owners meetings wondering how some of these other schmucks got teams. As if he is the pinnacle of successful ownership.

• Like 4
  • Fire 1

4 minutes ago, T R U said:

Remember, this is the guy that sits in the owners meetings wondering how some of these other schmucks got teams. As if he is the pinnacle of successful ownership.

It’s pretty funny that in the same statement he called them all his partners in this business and also the dumbest motherfuckers he knows 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

What do you think the other owners say about Reinsdorf paying like $23 million to have Dallas Keuchel and Jake Diekman and Leury Garcia $30+ Million to stay home and not be on his baseball team?

• Like 2
  • Hawk 1