Sox explore immense depth of their 7th place AAA team, make 11 transactions

bmags

I think the only thing more embarrassing that the sox so often grab near-retirement players off the scrap heap because they think they'll be better than the prospects they've built from their farm is that they are often right.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

The minor league player development should be ashamed of how much they struggle to produce MLB ready players 

I also don't understand how they aren't performing way more churn among minor league FA and waivers. It was so clear that so many of the Charlotte staff last year couldn't be on the AA team of the Rays. 

Actually I do understand - the org is incredibly lazy.

I remember Hostetler bragging about how stupid the prospect writer lists were and how he'd lie to them...but is there any org that seems to toe the value of the top 100 guys mroe than the sox? We rarely trade them, and we all remember Hahn's brilliant trades to grab Casey Gillaspie and a declining Blake Rutherford. It was 100% because they were on the last prospect handbook he had.

• Like 3

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

Imagine being told a year ago the Sox would be 13 games under .500 on May 2nd and they would be promoting Billy Hamilton and Alex Colome to the big team.

Bro imagine being told this in 2019 how depressing that would be.

• Haha 2
  • Fire 3

8 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Imagine being told a year ago the Sox would be 13 games under .500 on May 2nd and they would be promoting Billy Hamilton and Alex Colome to the big team.

Me, a year ago: "Yeah, that tracks."