5/4- Sox vs Twins, 1:10

flavum

2 minutes ago, flavum said:

If he wanted to play, he should be playing. Ridiculous move. They win three games in a row, have a chance to sweep the team they’re trying to catch, and your starting shortstop sits? This is not baseball. 

I can't imagine what Cal Ripken would say!

1 hour ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Are they enforcing the lower deck ban on upper deck tickets this season?

Also, how long are stubhub sales active before gametime?

Was going to go if Billy was starting, but he isn't. Would still like to know the answers if anyone has them for stubhub and lower deck access for a future Billy Hamilton start.

Thanks

The new ticket resale for the season ticket holders is seat geek. They switched from stub hub. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Tomtom said:

If they lose today, especially a close game, the local media should rip Grifol to shreds for today's pathetic lineup that does not include Tim Anderson.  When you begin the year 7-21 and then win three in a row and have a chance to sweep: In the words of Steve Winwood:

image.jpeg

I guess Pedro doesn't understand winning four in a row or a sweep.

Don't forget our genius GM hired him from KC, one the worst losing teams in baseball. He probably rarely ever witnessed three wins in a row in KC. This is all foreign to him!

• Like 1

I understanding easing Tim back off the IL and after a night game. I rather have Tim get the day off a week for a few until he is fully 100%.

Just bad timing that Burger was hurt and you're also stuck with Sheets in RF for 6-7 innings. Can't DH Tim, Eloy and Sheets at the same time.

Hoping Grifol will consider pinch hitting Tim, Yoan, Robert and Eloy on their off days in crucial late inning at bats.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Tomtom said:

If they lose today, especially a close game, the local media should rip Grifol to shreds for today's pathetic lineup that does not include Tim Anderson.  When you begin the year 7-21 and then win three in a row and have a chance to sweep: In the words of Steve Winwood:

image.jpeg

Do you know that Anderson isn't feeling some soreness from playing after his return? 

There are many reasons that we will never know for why players aren't in the lineup. 

The manger will probably says it's a day off to take the heat off the player. But that is frequently not the case. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Was going to go if Billy was starting, but he isn't. Would still like to know the answers if anyone has them for stubhub and lower deck access for a future Billy Hamilton start.

Thanks

Try using Gametime using code CHGO

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

Sitting Anderson is inexcusable unless he’s injured. I don’t understand the way our organization now insists on babysitting these players who are in their friggin twenties and early thirties. 

Agreed. There is something fundamentally wrong today with guys who always seem to be hurt despite having (in theory) the best medical and training opportunities and most of these guys train year round (which may be part of the problem not giving their bodies a chance to rest/heal) plus have their own personal trainers.

Yet they get hurt is seemingly innocent ways.

Doesn't make sense.

2 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Thanks

They enforced the ban for the two games I went to

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Agreed. There is something fundamentally wrong today with guys who always seem to be hurt despite having (in theory) the best medical and training opportunities and most of these guys train year round (which may be part of the problem not giving their bodies a chance to rest/heal) plus have their own personal trainers.

Yet they get hurt is seemingly innocent ways.

Doesn't make sense.

The primary issue is the personal trainers. Baseball has a unique skill set that not all of them will truly understand. Being fit in general does not necessarily correlate to preventing injuries throughout a 6 month competitive season with few days off. 

2 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Thanks

Now THAT is a lineup!!! Not a good one, mind you....but a lineup all the same.

5 minutes ago, almagest said:

Gio sitting 91/92 on the fastball 😬

he's short arming almost all his pitches now. usually guys will short arm for accuracy, I know Lucas used to use a long arm motion a couple years ago and his velo was higher

1 hour ago, DoUEvenShift said:

According to a few posts on twitter I have seen, yes. They are still checking. Apparently it gets "more lax" after the game starts and people have been sneaking in. (Kind of sad it comes to that) I've seen a few pictures this year of the bottleneck AFTER getting through the gates having to have your ticket scanned a 2nd time to get on the concourse.

Stubhub has it setup differently for different venues/sports/etc. However with Sox games you can buy tickets even after the game has started. Last week some upper deck tickets were going for $1 after game start. I'm not sure the exact time limit after game time you can buy, I feel like its 30 mins. I'll keep an eye on it today during the game. 

16 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

They enforced the ban for the two games I went to

Thanks, though that is pretty obscene given the fact folks need an hour to enter the stadium and 100 level, and brawls can go on and on with zero security involvement, because Jerry be broke and can't staff his taxpayer paid for stadium.