​πŸ”₯​​πŸ”₯​ THE ELVIS ANDRUS THREAD OF OPS INFAMY ​πŸ”₯​​πŸ”₯​

Greg Hibbard

Good people of Soxtalk,

"Iron Man" Elvis Andrus, the Unsubstitutable, is on track for an absolutely historic season.Β 

As far as I can tell, the single worst OPSΒ season for a hitter in the modern era with a minimum of 400 PAs is Jackie Bradley Jr's 2021. where he slashed an INCREDIBLE .163/.236/.261 for an OPS of .497

And Elvis is on track to perhaps beat that! Entering today's action, Elvis' slash line through the entire seasonΒ  is a hearty .194/.267/.231 for an OPS of .498

Not even beloved SOXTALK figure LEURY LEGEND reached 400 PAs in his magical 2022 season, where over his 315 PAs he had a .500 OPS.Β 

The truly wonderful piece of news is that unlike the rest of these LOSERS who Pedro thinks need a day off here and there to watch grass grow,

Elvis "GRINDERMAN" Andrus has played EVERY TEAM GAME SO FAR !!! Amazing!!!

So Elvis can really do this! What an accomplishment it would be - perhaps a statue is in order??Β 

Now I know what you're about to ask! You're excited and want to know - What can we do as fans to help?Β 

We, as fans, need to encourage Pedro "GENIUS" Grifol to continue to play Elvis Andrus in EVERY TEAM GAME, as it's clear that our very own IRON MAN absolutely NEVER needs a day offΒ  - not one to clear his head, not one for injury, not one for the good of the team, not for any sort of change of pace.

Nope, Elvis "Iron Man" Andrus is the very heart and soul of the 2023 GRINDERBALL White Sox campaign!Β 

We're all rooting for you, Elvis! History awaits!Β Β 

• Like 1

Grifol can only play the players he is given.Β At this stage, the team does not have a healthy legitimate starting 2B, 3B or RF. They have three DHs they play as starters (Sheets, Eloy, Vaughn). Hahn cannot construct a proper ML Roster, and cannot allocate payroll properly. That is the issue.

The past four managers could do little more than play whack-a-mole covering the holes that never, ever, ever get filled in the offseason.

Β 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Grifol can only play the players he is given.Β At this stage, the team does not have a healthy legitimate starting 2B, 3B or RF. They have three DHs they play as starters (Sheets, Eloy, Vaughn). Hahn cannot construct a proper ML Roster, and cannot allocate payroll properly. That is the issue.

The past four managers could do little more than play whack-a-mole covering the holes that never, ever, ever get filled in the offseason.

Β 

Did 29 year old Tim Anderson need to watch grass grow today while 34 year old Andrus proved he's Cal Ripken come again?Β 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

Did 29 year old Tim Anderson need to watch grass grow today while 34 year old Andrus proved he's Cal Ripken come again?Β 

Play TA every day after he returns from injury is your solution?

I don’t want to derail this thread further, but TA7 should be playing every day he can. I don’t understand the whole β€œload management” strategy the white Sox have employed - it doesn’t seem to effectively minimize future injury anyway. If they are healthy, play your stars, especially in divisional games against your rival that are must win 2 game swings. If you’re going to sit him, sit him in Cincinnati.

2 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

I don’t want to derail this thread further, but TA7 should be playing every day he can. I don’t understand the whole β€œload management” strategy the white Sox have employed - it doesn’t seem to effectively minimize future injury anyway. If they are healthy, play your stars, especially in divisional games against your rival that are must win 2 game swings. If you’re going to sit him, sit him in Cincinnati.

They are not, Pedro already explained this pre-game. They brought Tim back early.

Β 

Β 

8 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

If slowly bringing stars back after a sprain was a novel white sox strategy I might agree, but sitting a guy who

1. just got back from a knee sprain

2. in a day game following a night game

3. when you are going to hop on a plane and travel to tomorrow's game after.

If it was the middle of a home series, maybe they play him. But this is part of managing a 162 game schedule for every team.

• Like 4

This is the last post I’ll make about TA7 in this thread about the glory of Elvis Andrus, but I want to be clear: Pedro’s response indicated that Tim needed the day off. Tim did not get the day off. They half assed that decision like every other decision in this org.

Meanwhile GRINDERMAN Andrus doesn’t miss a PA!Β 

32 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

This is the last post I’ll make about TA7 in this thread about the glory of Elvis Andrus, but I want to be clear: Pedro’s response indicated that Tim needed the day off. Tim did not get the day off. They half assed that decision like every other decision in this org.

Pedro was unaware that Anderson is not an RBI guy and as such that was a stupid time to put him in.Β 

The agonizing part is that the options are Hanser Albero and Lenyn Sosa and for that Hahn should be fired.Β 

Β 

The second most frustrating part of this is that Rick Hahn will make a shocked Pikachu face at the end of the season about Andrus's struggles and claim there was no way to know that he would struggle after his 2022 performance. The most frustrating part of this is that after he does that, he won't be fired on the spot.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Harry Chappas said:

Pedro was unaware that Anderson is not an RBI guy and as such that was a stupid time to put him in.Β 

The agonizing part is that the options are Hanser Albero and Lenyn Sosa and for that Hahn should be fired.Β 

Β 

But was Pedro aware that Pedro said pregame that Anderson needed the day off because Pedro said he came back early and was unavailable? Because it seems to me that Pedro didn’t know Pedro said Tim was unavailable today.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Greg Hibbard said:

Good people of Soxtalk,

"Iron Man" Elvis Andrus, the Unsubstitutable, is on track for an absolutely historic season.Β 

As far as I can tell, the single worst OPSΒ season for a hitter in the modern era with a minimum of 400 PAs is Jackie Bradley Jr's 2021. where he slashed an INCREDIBLE .163/.236/.261 for an OPS of .497

And Elvis is on track to perhaps beat that! Entering today's action, Elvis' slash line through the entire seasonΒ  is a hearty .194/.267/.231 for an OPS of .498

Not even beloved SOXTALK figure LEURY LEGEND reached 400 PAs in his magical 2022 season, where over his 315 PAs he had a .500 OPS.Β 

The truly wonderful piece of news is that unlike the rest of these LOSERS who Pedro thinks need a day off here and there to watch grass grow,

So Elvis can really do this! What an accomplishment it would be - perhaps a statue is in order??Β 

Now I know what you're about to ask! You're excited and want to know - What can we do as fans to help?Β 

We, as fans, need to encourage Pedro "GENIUS" Grifol to continue to play Elvis Andrus in EVERY TEAM GAME, as it's clear that our very own IRON MAN absolutely NEVER needs a day offΒ  - not one to clear his head, not one for injury, not one for the good of the team, not for any sort of change of pace.

Nope, Elvis "Iron Man" Andrus is the very heart and soul of the 2023 GRINDERBALL White Sox campaign!Β 

Elvis is the new Leury. Β Pedro must like rock and roll and the King.

28 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

But was Pedro aware that Pedro said pregame that Anderson needed the day off because Pedro said he came back early and was unavailable? Because it seems to me that Pedro didn’t know Pedro said Tim was unavailable today.

Our hitting coach had to coach Tim before his costly at bat to not pull the ball and go to the right side , and to wait for the right pitch if possible. Β Everybody in that disastrous inning that cost us the game showed no patience and swung at the first pitch.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Dam8610 said:

The second most frustrating part of this is that Rick Hahn will make a shocked Pikachu face at the end of the season about Andrus's struggles and claim there was no way to know that he would struggle after his 2022 performance. The most frustrating part of this is that after he does that, he won't be fired on the spot.

Or that Benintendi's misleading 2022 ensconced in the middle of the Yankmees' juggernaut somehow erased the three previous replacement level seasons.Β 

10 hours ago, Greg Hibbard said:

Good people of Soxtalk,

Sox talent evaluators are so lousy. Sad they didn't know Elvis was done.

The White Sox model is broken, and everyone knows it, except the White Sox. Here is a team that is supposed to be at the height of its multiple championships window, and they have to ignore the past 5 seasons of Andrus' career because they finally realized teams that rely on 2 rookies, Colas and Sosa, usually don't contend for championships. It's played out like everyone except RH, KW, JR and their lackeys thought. Probably even worse.Β 

Elvis' performance surprises no one, except those who have an office on 35th Street.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Greg Hibbard said:

Except you responded again 2 hours later.................Β 

He sucks, easiest call to make going into this season. We could have left Sosa or Romy out there all year and gotten the same production.

We have two spots for non pitchers already dedicated to players who offer nothing outside of one specific thing. Andrus with defense and Hamilton with base running. Total wastes.

Elvis has played every day for a lot of reasons but chiefly because of this roster. Who was going to play SS when TA was hurt? But I also think Grifol, a rookie manager, likes and prefers the veteran presence of Elvis on the field.

As for our rookie manager (and I take no delight in taking him down all the time), I am still baffled as to why Haseley was taken out of the game in the 8th. Righty on the mound, lefty coming up, and the Sox PH with a righty with another righty to follow. If anything, TA should have hit for Alberto if Haseley did not come through. Might have made a difference in the 10th as well. Please make it make sense.