Eloy Jimenez has appendix removed, out 4-6 weeks per Grifol

caulfield12

• Balta1701 changed the title to Eloy Jimenez has appendix removed, out 4-6 weeks per Grifol
1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

That’s a shame. He was really getting hot. I wonder if they burst. My brother just had his burst at the hospital. It’s not the death sentence it used to be but it does lengthen the recovery, plus he will probably need a rehab assignment.

Doubt he’d be released tonight if it burst 

• Like 1

Is this actually 4 weeks minimum?

4-6 weeks caught me off guard. Hoping there’s some successful quicker recovery stories.

This lineup is drastically weaker without Eloy in the middle. And Jake isn’t there to replace some of that power this time. This blows.

First and foremost I hope he'll be ok. That being said, this team missed an enormous chance to trade him over the off-season. He actually had a very good second half and it was probably the highest trade value since his rookie season. There's always going to be some freak injury or accident with this guy, just how it is. I said at the beginning of the season, "Is there anyway the quartet of Anderson, Moncada, Jimenez, and Robert play a combined 500 games?' That answer is hell no and 400 isn't looking great either.

• Like 5

I really hope a random school of piranhas that took a wrong turn from the Amazon river and accidentally wound up in Eloy's hospital room don't attack him, and also I hope he doesn't get struck by a comet and then lightning, followed by a bird flying by and shitting directly on his head afterwards. 

What fucking luck. Hope he's alright and back soon.

Edited by Swingandalongonetoleft
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1