White Sox vs. Royals 5/8 6:40 NBCSC

Grienke is pitching tonight for the Royals. I wonder if the Sox remember his comments about pitching against them from last year (where he was dominant in three starts if I recall right). 

For those who don't remember or missed it he said (paraphrasing) 'They get themselves out by swinging at anything. Makes it a lot easier.'

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Grienke is pitching tonight for the Royals. I wonder if the Sox remember his comments about pitching against them from last year (where he was dominant in three starts if I recall right). 

For those who don't remember or missed it he said (paraphrasing) 'They get themselves out by swinging at anything. Makes it a lot easier.'

If this team still lets Grienke have a great game tonight throwing his junk stuff, well outside the zone and our hitters keep swinging at bad pitches and he beats us tonight...then it really doesn't matter whether our players recalled or reminded of those comments. Once again it will illustrate just how dumb, undisciplined and selfish are Sox hitters are.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lip Man 1 said:

He is pitching worse this year than last year. He was 3.68 ERA in 2022, versus 5.25 ERA in 7 starts this year.

If the Sox let Grienke embarrass them again tonight, then the Sox batters are seriously dumber than we thought. 

1 hour ago, The Kids Can Play said:

He is pitching worse this year than last year. He was 3.68 ERA in 2022, versus 5.25 ERA in 7 starts this year.

If the Sox let Grienke embarrass them again tonight, then the Sox batters are seriously dumber than we thought. 

Just when you think something is idiot proof Hahn brings in a better idiot. 

• Like 2

• bmags pinned this topic
23 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

I apologize if I missed it, just catching up right now…. is there any updates on Moncada?

He played yesterday and went 3 for 3 with a walk and HR. He's nearly ready. I'd say he's back in the lineup tomorrow.

Editing this to say since there are no Minor League games today and it's close to game time and he's not in todays lineup that maybe they want him to play in another game before he comes back so maybe Wednesday he'll be in the Sox lineup. I think he would've been back already considering the Monday off day.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

He played yesterday and went 3 for 3 with a walk and HR. He's nearly ready. I'd say he's back in the lineup tomorrow.

Editing this to say since there are no Minor League games today and it's close to game time and he's not in todays lineup that maybe they want him to play in another game before he comes back so maybe Wednesday he'll be in the Sox lineup. I think he would've been back already considering the Monday off day.

Moncada has not played a full game yet in the field. My prediction is that he comes back for the homestand.

2 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

Moncada has not played a full game yet in the field. My prediction is that he comes back for the homestand.

You really think he won't play in any of the KC games ? I mean it's certainly possible considering how long he's been off . He's already been in 3 games and is 5 for 9 with a HR and 2 walks. He also has played 3rd in 2 games although as you said not full games. 10 innings in 2 games. DH the other game.

2 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

You really think he won't play in any of the KC games ? I mean it's certainly possible considering how long he's been off . He's already been in 3 games and is 5 for 9 with a HR and 2 walks. He also has played 3rd in 2 games although as you said not full games. 10 innings in 2 games. DH the other game.

Ozzie mentioned during pre-game they may be giving him an extra day or two since Hanser has been hot the last couple days. 

6 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I do. It's like a second spring for him and you've got to ramp up that back.