5/10- Sox at Royals, 6:40

flavum

Didn't watch the game at all. Watching the post-game. WHAT THE f*** IS THIS TEAM DOING AT THE PLATE??

Yes, Lynn sucks. But this team is fucking CLUELESS at the plate. The Robert at bats had to be the worst at bats I have ever seen. Unbelievable. Looked like a fucking little leaguer. 

• Like 3

Just now, Paulie4Pres said:

Didn't watch the game at all. Watching the post-game. WHAT THE f*** IS THIS TEAM DOING AT THE PLATE??

Yes, Lynn sucks. But this team is fucking CLUELESS at the plate. The Robert at bats had to be the worst at bats I have ever seen. Unbelievable. Looked like a fucking little leaguer. 

Not one ounce of competitive spirit by the team tonight.  You would have thought it’s last week of the season and they’ve been eliminated 

• Like 2

Easy to resort to hyperbole but cmon ... these guys never quit?? We should NEVER hear that from Bennetti/Stone again. These guys DO NOT CARE. Case closed. The Royals have a horrible baseball team. 9-1 is one large LOL.

Folks this pitching rotation all things considered is one of the worst in Chicago White Sox history. Cmon. Don't rat me out for hyperbole, just agree.

And our STARS? Robert needs coaching so badly. Just fricking drop him a slider and you get him to whiff. We've got two major league bats on the the team 'maybe' in Vaughn and Burger. And Burger is so bad a fielder his value is not important.

More hyperbole? Hahn should resign or be fired tonight. Case closed. This team reeks, is going nowhere and it's his fault. And his choice of Pedro? Cmon. Laughingstock choice. At least over the hill Tony had the team .500 somehow.

My post may seem outlandish but I don't think so. This Sox team blows and it's Mr. Hahn's fault.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, fathom said:

Not one ounce of competitive spirit by the team tonight.  You would have thought it’s last week of the season and they’ve been eliminated 

Stoney should be fined if he EVER again says the boys do not quit.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Easy to resort to hyperbole but cmon ... these guys never quit?? We should NEVER hear that from Bennetti/Stone again. These guys DO NOT CARE. Case closed. The Royals have a horrible baseball team. 9-1 is one large LOL.

Folks this pitching rotation all things considered is one of the worst in Chicago White Sox history. Cmon. Don't rat me out for hyperbole, just agree.

And our STARS? Robert needs coaching so badly. Just fricking drop him a slider and you get him to whiff. We've got two major league bats on the the team 'maybe' in Vaughn and Burger. And Burger is so bad a fielder his value is not important.

More hyperbole? Hahn should resign or be fired tonight. Case closed. This team reeks, is going nowhere and it's his fault. And his choice of Pedro? Cmon. Laughingstock choice. At least over the hill Tony had the team .500 somehow.

My post may seem outlandish but I don't think so. This Sox team blows and it's Mr. Hahn's fault.

Where's the hyperbole? As far as I can tell, this is 100% accurate. 

27 minutes ago, greg775 said:

The Sox are a slightly improved Royals team.   Soon they will trade their better players and never get better.

1 hour ago, fathom said:

That will be true long before the last week of the season, so we can expect plenty more performances like this.

9 hours ago, wegner said:

Gamethreads were fun when Colome was with the team the 1st time doing his high wire act closing out games. He usually made it interesting but would finish off the save. Alas, no more.

I hope Nick Padilla doesn't suck.

He did tonight.

White Sox announced they have purchased the contract of Homer The Dragon from Charlotte. To make room for Homer, Southpaw was designated for assignment. 

Edited by pcq
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:

Don’t be negative. Don't worry. Be happy 

That's all fine and good if this was a reggae music site lol. 

Might be seeing Cannon pitching at the rate things are going... but they probably don't want to lose that extra year of control. 

1 hour ago, Chimpton said:

Post game Grifol said “There’s a lot of baseball left …". And for the current Sox that means a lot more games like this!

If that is what he calls what his team plays. It's an awful team. They get blown out all the time. Except for 1 or 2 games, they easily could have lost every game they have played.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, greg775 said:

Stoney should be fined if he EVER again says the boys do not quit.

I am so sick of Stone. When he isn't saying stupid crap like this, he's bad-mouthing fans and kissing up to JR. Robert looks like he has given up. Yes, swing at something a foot outside that was never close to a strike and sit down.  The rest of the team looks lifeless, too. To me, Stone just represents what is wrong with organization. The Nile is such a long river.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, fathom said:

10 of the 11 strike outs were on pitches out of the zone.  I think they were also all offspeed pitches.

Hence why the White Sox lead MLB in Chase % at 33.1! We are the most undisciplined team in baseball. It's frustrating to watch. 

The pathetic reality is, Rick Hahn designed a massively flawed roster that has too many selfish and dumb players, that apparently won't watch enough video of their at AB's to try and make adjustments. 

This is also a big shame on the manager and hitting coach. Obviously the coaches aren't spending the time with these hitters, or the fact is these Sox players are just too lazy, stupid and have zero respect for the coaching staff. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Highland said:

I am so sick of Stone. When he isn't saying stupid crap like this, he's bad-mouthing fans and kissing up to JR. Robert looks like he has given up. Yes, swing at something a foot outside that was never close to a strike and sit down.  The rest of the team looks lifeless, too. To me, Stone just represents what is wrong with organization. The Nile is such a long river.

Stone sucks and the players don't like him either

The sad reality is Lynn turns 36 tomorrow. He is completely washed up! Lance never had other secondary pitches to rely on other than the fastball. That FB has lost major velocity, movement and location. Lynn is now 1-5, 7.51 ERA and 1.60 WHIP.

On the other hand, what is even worse is the fact, we traded a young and very talented pitcher away (Dane Dunning) for Lance Lynn. I know a lot of people here liked the trade, but I was not one of them. Dunning btw, won last night and is 3-0, 1.72 ERA , 0.86 WHIP and is only 28 years old.

• Like 1