White Sox at Royals, 5/11/23

Balta1701

1 minute ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

We're in the middle of the window when their young championship core led by Tim "Jackie" Anderson were supposed to lead the White Sox to multiple championships.

I'm so glad they didn't waste money on Bryce Harper and Manny Machado to make sure they had enough to pay these young stars like Anderson, Moncada, Eloy etc.

Josh D, that you? 

• Like 2
  • TLR 1

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

As for Colas, I wonder if they sent him down to send a message that his attitude needs to improve

Let him string together a good couple of months in Charlotte. I'd like for them to do the same with Sosa. Those guys are too important for the long-term to force the issue with if they aren't ready.

6 minutes ago, fathom said:

Can’t wait to hear the bullshit from Hahn tomorrow before the game.  Let’s see him try to lawyer talk his way out of this.

Probably very similar to these bullshit comments from April 27.

https://www.mlb.com/news/rick-hahn-shoulders-blame-for-white-sox-disappointing-start

“I’m not a king,” Hahn said. “I don’t sit in this chair by divine birthright. It’s an absolute privilege to be general manager of the White Sox, one that I need to continue to earn. It’s pro sports. These things eventually come to an end. …

“But the day I assumed this job or anyone assumes a general manager’s job, you know it’s going to end at some point. Never has it been my focus, and it’s not today. It’s more about, again, getting this team right for 2023. And what happens later in this season or after the season or five years from now will happen when it happens.”

Keep making those BS excuses Hahn, because evidently your POS owner Jerry Reinsdorf is too senile or flat out doesn't give a s%*#.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

https://www.mlb.com/news/rick-hahn-shoulders-blame-for-white-sox-disappointing-start

“I’m not a king,” Hahn said. “I don’t sit in this chair by divine birthright. It’s an absolute privilege to be general manager of the White Sox, one that I need to continue to earn. It’s pro sports. These things eventually come to an end. …

“But the day I assumed this job or anyone assumes a general manager’s job, you know it’s going to end at some point. Never has it been my focus, and it’s not today. It’s more about, again, getting this team right for 2023. And what happens later in this season or after the season or five years from now will happen when it happens.”

Keep making those BS excuses Hahn, because evidently your POS owner Jerry Reinsdorf is too senile or flat out doesn't give a s%*#.

“Continue to earn.” Yeah okay buddy. Never earned it in the first place.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Reynaldo might be the worst 98-100 mph pitcher that ever played baseball.  I'm not kidding. 

This just in! Note to Lopez....The 98-101 mph fastball that he has with zero movement and horrible location can be figured out and hit hard!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

It doesn't matter what he says anymore. He is never getting fired as long as JR is owner. We are looking at another upcoming decade of darkness for White Sox nation.  It's time to probably just put the whole entire organization on ignore. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

We're in the middle of the window when their young championship core led by Tim "Jackie" Anderson were supposed to lead the White Sox to multiple championships.

I'm so glad they didn't waste money on Bryce Harper and Manny Machado to make sure they had enough to pay these young stars like Anderson, Moncada, Eloy etc.

That face of the franchise Tim Anderson, Mr. "Change the Game", went 0-4 today.

He is such a great lead-off hitter and great leader for this club.

His stat line is now:

BA     OBP   SLG    OPS  WAR

.253   .303   .313    .617    0.0

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

His stat line is now:

imo Tim is still hurt and he was rushed back early as a sacrifice to save this team and it didn't work

Edited by joejoesox
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

His stat line is now:

He's not the "face of the franchise", he's the "face of the IL." 😆

• Like 1

Singer had an ERA of almost NINE...NINE...and he holds the Sox to one run in six innings.

All you can do is laugh.

Maybe Kenny needs to make a repeat performance of something he did years ago in Baltimore. You may remember it

He stormed into the clubhouse, turned over all the postgame food tables, screamed at the players and called them "bitches."

God knows this dysfunctional group needs to do something dramatic. 

Hahn should have some "great" comments (excuses) for everyone starting this weekend.

Can't wait to read or hear them.

2 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Singer had an ERA of almost NINE...NINE...and he holds the Sox to one run in six innings.

All you can do is laugh.

Maybe Kenny needs to make a repeat performance of something he did years ago in Baltimore. You may remember it

He stormed into the clubhouse, turned over all the postgame food tables, screamed at the players and called them "bitches."

Hahn should have some "great" comments (excuses) for everyone starting this weekend.

Sounds like a scene from "Moneyball"

Imagine coming to work every day, knowing you work for incompetent management. Where

the people in charge stay in charge by being toadies and yes men. over a period of time,

even talented employees begin to suck. the good ones who can leave do. The ones without

the ability to leave slowly decline until it all falls apart. that is where we are. If the Sox were 

in the real world this would mean bankruptcy and disgrace. In the monopolized world of pro

sports, reality seldom intrudes. Face it everyone. We root for the Dunder-Mifflin equivalent

of baseball.

28 minutes ago, LittleHurtCG said:

It doesn't matter what he says anymore. He is never getting fired as long as JR is owner. We are looking at another upcoming decade of darkness for White Sox nation.  It's time to probably just put the whole entire organization on ignore. 

The reasons I returned to the Sox was the attractiveness with a turnaround toward youth, and an emphasis on building with minor league prospects. They sort of artificially infused the talent into the organization. Nonetheless, I expected some organic growth in a traditional sense along these lines. But they just petered out.  And the artificially infused talent is busting like crazy.  We should be the Rays.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

All you can do is laugh.

Kenny had his faults, but at least he really seemed to care and would never just sit back and tolerate such lackluster performance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maxjusttyped said:

I'm rooting for losses but I know most people on here don't want to hear it.

Me too kinda. But really don't want Hahn and Kenny anywhere near a next rebuild

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

• Capn12 unpinned this topic