White Sox at Royals, 5/11/23

Balta1701

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

Can just imagine Hawk Harrelson shouting at home if he hasn't already thrown in the towel. 

90 MPH slider Liriano-esque there. 

Hawks said on AJ’s Podcast Jerry’s word isn’t bond anymore with Brooks Boyer around and that he hopes the Sox could snag a wild card spot.

Said he still roots for the team, but he was crystal clear he has little confidence in this team, and reports last year were he thinks the front office is bad.

I don’t listen or follow games Clevinger pitches (was out with a friend anyway), wish he took the loss today.

Record remains the Sox have not won a series or consecutive games without Billy Hamilton.

Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:

The reasons I returned to the Sox was the attractiveness with a turnaround toward youth, and an emphasis on building with minor league prospects. They sort of artificially infused the talent into the organization. Nonetheless, I expected some organic growth in a traditional sense along these lines. But they just petered out.  And the artificially infused talent is busting like crazy.  We should be the Rays.

We could be someday once JR is gone and the team is sold. Then hopefully the new successful billionaire owner will go use "Best Practices" and go steel some executives from either the Rays, Dodgers and Braves. 

2 minutes ago, JoshPR said:

Me too kinda. But really don't want Hahn and Kenny anywhere near a next rebuild

Which is absurd that they will absolutely be running the show. Jerry doesn’t like being told what to do. Especially by fans and sportswriters. If you truly wanted him to sell, you’d tell him not to sell. Start a campaign to extend Rick Hahn’s and Kenny Williams’ contracts

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:

Which is absurd that they will absolutely be running the show. Jerry doesn’t like being told what to do. Especially by fans and sportswriters. If you truly wanted him to sell, you’d tell him not to sell. Start a campaign to extend Rick Hahn’s and Kenny Williams’ contracts

Kenny William said he was done when his current deal is done. He is the only one of the three who aren’t full of s%*#, so I believe him.

Id wager it’s a good possibility Hahn got an extension after 2021, and will only remain or be promoted and remain until a new owner transfer period after Jerry is gone)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, kgrittenburg said:

everyone on here loved Grifol till the season started

Backup QB syndrome. 

Loved?   They were just happy for TLR to be gone. 

It would be the same reaction if Getz replaced Hahn. 

Except Grifol and the team have even turned out much worse than the expectations of even the most pessimistic fans. 

Renteria at least had the team united and playing with passion... certainly they mostly played hard and didn't quit on him. 

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Hawks said on AJ’s Podcast Jerry’s word isn’t bond anymore with Brooks Boyer around and that he hopes the Sox could snag a wild card spot.

Said he still roots for the team, but he was crystal clear he has little confidence in this team, and reports last year were he thinks the front office is bad.

I don’t listen or follow games Clevinger pitches (was out with a friend anyway), wish he took the loss today.

Record remains the Sox have not won a series or consecutive games without Billy Hamilton.

Clevinger was okay today.  Not lights out, but okay. He gave up an extra run because of two amateur throws by Benny and Timmy. I don't know why you want him to take the loss.  Lopez was on the mound for the 9th inning.

• Like 1

The bottom three hitters in Sox lineup reek. I know Haisley is over .300 though. Lopez should be released. Mabe Liam will save the bullpen changing the roles.

LOL on losing 3 of 4 to KC. KC has a very very historically bad team. But they had a guy Mike Massey who wanted to beat the Sox and he did.

Can't remember a Sox team this bad ever. Sox just gave the Royals their first home series win of the season. KC has a very very bad team IMO.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, oldsox said:

Clevinger was okay today.  Not lights out, but okay. He gave up an extra run because of two amateur throws by Benny and Timmy. I don't know why you want him to take the loss.  Lopez was on the mound for the 9th inning.

Just don't like him on the team I'd like to root for. Nothing to do with on field performance.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Backup QB syndrome. 

Loved?   They were just happy for TLR to be gone. 

It would be the same reaction if Getz replaced Hahn. 

Except Grifol and the team have even turned out much worse than the expectations of even the most pessimistic fans. 

Renteria at least had the team united and playing with passion... certainly they mostly played hard and didn't quit on him. 

If Renteria will save the front office some money and accept a low salary, bring him back now and send Pedro away. Or make Pedro a scout or something. Sox injury situation isn't getting any better and I'd rather have RR 'trying' to win with this awful roster than Pedro. 

Edited by greg775
  • TLR 1

12 minutes ago, greg775 said:

If Renteria will save the front office some money and accept a low salary, bring him back now and send Pedro away. Or make Pedro a scout or something. Sox injury situation isn't getting any better and I'd rather have RR 'trying' to win with this awful roster than Pedro. 

I'd take Coop back with him.

Once again this was a manger that didn't pick his own staff.   There's probably a reason why and experienced manager would not be interested.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, greg775 said:

This can’t be emphasized enough. The team’s (at this point rotten) core being fully healthy for even half a season is a mirage.

Edited by Bob Sacamano

39 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

I'd take Coop back with him.

Once again this was a manger that didn't pick his own staff.   There's probably a reason why and experienced manager would not be interested.

No quality experienced person will come externally to fill any role of significance. Jerry is not willing to pay above the bare minimum to higher someone with experience, beyond 35 year BFF regrets.

La Russa and Renteria "one season with the Cubs rebuild" were the two managers Jerry hired with experience in the new stadium. Jerry never hired an experienced GM. The results are to be expected.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

This can’t be emphasized enough. The team’s (at this point rotten) core being fully healthy for even half a season is a mirage.

I can’t say this enough - injuries are up League wide already this season by quite a bit over last year. The White Sox are comparatively quite healthy. They have all 5 starters healthy, teams like the Braves, Astros, Rays have lost multiple starting pitchers. They are missing a 3b, a  couple DHs, and a closer, and maybe a mid 30s catcher today. This is not a banged up team, this is one of the healthier teams in baseball. If your team needs to be healthier than this, they have to be the healthiest team in the league.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I can’t say this enough - injuries are up League wide already this season by quite a bit over last year. The White Sox are comparatively quite healthy. They have all 5 starters healthy, teams like the Braves, Astros, Rays have lost multiple starting pitchers. They are missing a 3b, a  couple DHs, and a closer, and maybe a mid 30s catcher today. This is not a banged up team, this is one of the healthier teams in baseball. If your team needs to be healthier than this, they have to be the healthiest team in the league.

Guardians already onto their 8th and 9th starting pitcher. 

Twins just lost Mahle for the season, but much better minor league depth. 

3 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Guardians already onto their 8th and 9th starting pitcher. 

Twins just lost Mahle for the season, but much better minor league depth. 

It is an absolute joke to be so far back in early May in this division...One more reason Hahn should no longer have a job.

56 minutes ago, wegner said:

It is an absolute joke to be so far back in early May in this division...One more reason Hahn should no longer have a job.

I find it hard to believe our season hopes ended in April. That's just unacceptably absurd. Sox dug this hole and Southsiders aren't dumb. They won't go to the games this summer. The Sox should scrap their ticket price plan and return to 1960s prices as penance for the season that wasn't. I mean nobody's going to go to games this summer which can't bode well for next season crowds either.

What I'm saying is Sox management should scrap the ticket plan and charge $1 for upper tank seats the rest of the year and $7 dollars for all premium seats with free parking. It's almost impossible to be out of the race after one month but that's what the Sox were. The team is worth what $1 billion? Take $500,000 and start the free ticket giveaway with that money.

If anybody goes to a game the rest of the season it's just to smell the green grass of GRate Field and enjoy a big league ballpark. So pay the fans to come. Shame on you White Sox being out of the race after 4 weeks. My gawd.

• Love 1

43 minutes ago, greg775 said:

I find it hard to believe our season hopes ended in April. That's just unacceptably absurd. Sox dug this hole and Southsiders aren't dumb. They won't go to the games this summer. The Sox should scrap their ticket price plan and return to 1960s prices as penance for the season that wasn't. I mean nobody's going to go to games this summer which can't bode well for next season crowds either.

What I'm saying is Sox management should scrap the ticket plan and charge $1 for upper tank seats the rest of the year and $7 dollars for all premium seats with free parking. It's almost impossible to be out of the race after one month but that's what the Sox were. The team is worth what $1 billion? Take $500,000 and start the free ticket giveaway with that money.

If anybody goes to a game the rest of the season it's just to smell the green grass of GRate Field and enjoy a big league ballpark. So pay the fans to come. Shame on you White Sox being out of the race after 4 weeks. My gawd.

Somewhere between $1.9-2.2 billion...and trending in the wrong direction.

9 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

The other thing is the White Sox who have been injured, are the White Sox who get injured every year. For them to remain healthy for 2 months straight, is an upset. There are no IL surprises. This needs to be built into the equation. Eloy, Robert, Grandal, Moncada,TA are all going to miss time. 

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Like 2

• Capn12 unpinned this topic