YoYo is back, Lenyn back to AAA, Colome cleared to Charlotte

Capn12

How long before he fouls a ball off his foot and is out another month?

How long before Grandal is put on the IL with his "tight" hamstring?

And how long will the Sox play shorthanded trying to figure out what to do with him? 

• Like 4

This tweet deserves a Why? The tweet saying he’s back on the roster was enough.

Also- stop tweeting the final scores of losses. It’s a loss, and if we needed your Twitter feed to find out scores, there’s something very wrong. 

3 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

And how long will the Sox play shorthanded trying to figure out what to do with him? 

It’s a never ending story.

Just when our dysfunctional FO looks like they can't get dumber, they role up their sleeves and succeed in finding a new way to become even dumber!

The Sox DFA Colome because he sucks and he hits waivers. Then 29 other teams pass on him. Oh but wait, the genius Sox FO says he is probably not good enough for our major league club, but perfectly fine for Charlotte.

WTG Hahn! Let this reject loser Colome waste a roster spot at Charlotte, when you should have let him walk and let some other young pitcher in AA move up and have their opportunity. 

At this point the absurdity of Hahn has reached a new higher level in this laughable disgrace of a baseball franchise!

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

You forgot this ...🤡

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, flavum said:

Also- stop tweeting the final scores of losses. It’s a loss, and if we needed your Twitter feed to find out scores, there’s something very wrong. 

The Twitter world is having a field day...and rightfully so, mocking Moncada with the typical jokes that SoxTalk always post.

46 minutes ago, flavum said:

Pretty sure that's an image of him actually getting hurt 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Lip Man 1 said:

How long before Moncada fouls a ball off his foot, lies on the ground writhing in pain for ten minutes, and gets carried off the field to find he is day to day with a mild bruise?

The Sox will probably play shorthanded for at least a week before they IL Grandal because of his hamstring.

Edited by South Side Fireworks Man
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

Give Liam so more rehab time. Last night wasn’t good for him. Four hits allowed including two homers and four runs in 2/3rds of an inning 

"He'll fit right in!" Serious note though, might as well use the bullets at the MLB level.

Edited by Bob Sacamano
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, The Kids Can Play said:

Just when our dysfunctional FO looks like they can't get dumber, they role up their sleeves and succeed in finding a new way to become even dumber!

The Sox DFA Colome because he sucks and he hits waivers. Then 29 other teams pass on him. Oh but wait, the genius Sox FO says he is probably not good enough for our major league club, but perfectly fine for Charlotte.

WTG Hahn! Let this reject loser Colome waste a roster spot at Charlotte, when you should have let him walk and let some other young pitcher in AA move up and have their opportunity. 

At this point the absurdity of Hahn has reached a new higher level in this laughable disgrace of a baseball franchise!

Nobody ready at AA.  Will damage them even more pushing them up too soon. 

1 hour ago, The Kids Can Play said:

It's been Hahn's MO since being GM.  The guy has ZERO knowledge or instincts for the game of baseball.   He hoards bad players like no other GM I've ever seen.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Nobody ready at AA.  Will damage them even more pushing them up too soon. 

Maybe I didn't clarify my point well enough. I wasn't suggesting to bring a pitcher up from AA Birmingham to the Sox ML level. Instead, I was suggesting the Sox lose Colome and not let him waste a AAA Charlotte roster spot. Then because you don't put Colome at AAA Charlotte, you move the next best ready AA Birmingham pitcher to AAA Charlotte instead of Colome taking that AAA roster spot.

It would be a lot better to let a AA Birmingham pitcher move up the final level to try and get better at Charlotte, instead of wasting that spot on the reject Colome. The minors should be for prospects the Sox are trying to develop for the major league level. It should not be used for ex-ML players, especially pitchers who are past their prime. Obviously the clueless POS Hahn doesn't have a clue about this concept. 

7 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

Maybe I didn't clarify my point well enough. I wasn't suggesting to bring a pitcher up from AA Birmingham to the Sox ML level. Instead, I was suggesting the Sox lose Colome and not let him waste a AAA Charlotte roster spot. Then because you don't put Colome at AAA Charlotte, you move the next best ready AA Birmingham pitcher to AAA Charlotte instead of Colome taking that AAA roster spot.

It would be a lot better to let a AA Birmingham pitcher move up the final level to try and get better at Charlotte, instead of wasting that spot on the reject Colome. The minors should be for prospects the Sox are trying to develop for the major league level. It should not be used for ex-ML players, especially pitchers who are past their prime. Obviously the clueless POS Hahn doesn't have a clue about this concept. 

The problem is you can't just make prospects appear out of thin air without trading early in the season. 

Too many poor drafts and lack of sound talent evaluation in 2018/19/20. 2021 and the previous year should be filling up the BIRM roster by now along with intl. signings. 

Will take a while for Mike Shirley draft methods to show full results. 

5 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

The problem is you can't just make prospects appear out of thin air without trading early in the season. 

Too many poor drafts and lack of sound talent evaluation in 2018/19/20. 2021 and the previous year should be filling up the BIRM roster by now along with intl. signings. 

Will take a while for Mike Shirley draft methods to show full results. 

Now you're talking about something completely off the original post or specific comments I was referring to! You're getting into a different argument that is for a different future post.

I was not debating the state of our pathetic farm system. I realize the scouting and drafting from 2018-2022 sucked and can't be changed or improved until we clean house in the front office top to bottom. 

All I was suggesting was, it was an absurd decision to take a washed up pitcher in Colome, after they DFA him, then followed by 29 other clubs, clearly saying no way in hell do they want him on their ML roster...and then our idiot GM says, no worries Colome, we will take you back at AAA Charlotte and waste a AAA roster spot on you. That was insanely stupid and that was my point. My only point was, if there is no Colome being wasted at Charlotte, then they would need to move up a AA Birmingham pitcher to Charlotte instead of Colome, which is what should have happened. That was my only point.

I was not debating our dysfunctional farm system and what it will take to change it.