May 12 Astros @ White Sox 7:10

wegner

28 minutes ago, fathom said:

It’s just not worth it this season.  I watch probably half of the innings now, and I’m sure it will decline as season continues.  This organization has completely imploded.

Wait till they are sellers and the same scouting will approve trades and a team's good prospects will fail with the Sox development.  I'm slowly breaking myself way as a fan of this organization because it will be a lost cause. We are like the Royals and A's.  

That was an embarrassing outing by the Sox. Horrible hitting. Nothing to write home about pitching. I'd DFA Elvis. No hard feelings; he's just done. I'd trade Moncada. It's blatantly obvious he has no joy to his game. I'd keep Robert, Vaughn and Tim and dump everybody else including the entire pitching staff. OK I guess I'd keep Cease for now.

This team blows. (My show of choice during the game Ted Lasso.

Edited by greg775

1 minute ago, greg775 said:

That was an embarrassing outing by the Sox. Horrible hitting. Nothing to write home about pitching. I'd DFA Elvis. No hard feelings; he's just done. I'd trade Moncada. It's blatantly obvious he has no joy to his game. I'd keep Robert, Vaughn and Tim and dump everybody else including the entire pitching staff. OK I guess I'd keep Cease for now.

This team blows.

Tim should be one of the first ones to go.

• Like 6

I hate to stop watching but this is too brutal for human consumption. I just can't see how anybody can pay to attend these games. You could go to the various minor league games around Illinois. I'd almost puke forking over real money to watch tonight's thriller.

Edited by greg775
  • Like 3

14 games below .500 matches their worst of the season, at the end of the 10 game losing streak. Fully undoes the 3 wins afterwards.

More than 100 years since a team was this far below .500 at any point in the season and won a World Series.

1 hour ago, wegner said:

Why are they showing AL Central standings.....are they kidding??

The only standings anyone needs to worry about is that one game lead the Royals have in last place.  The Sox keep trying yet KC keeps trying harder to stay at bottom. 

6 hours ago, fathom said:

This Sox team is truly awful.  They suck in every aspect and don’t play hard at all.  Grifol really should be fired.

This is beyond embarrassing, It’s getting so bad I’m ready for them to bring back Ozzie, I was so happy when he left but maybe he could light a fire with this bunch of Mickey the mopes. 

Edited by The Mighty Mite

Don’t worry about the offense, we’ve been told it common to struggle like this when installing a new “system”. 

if the Sox won every game on the road-trip, I have the feeling RH would have shown his face yesterday. These guys show who they are every day. The front office is as gutless as the roster.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The Mighty Mite said:

This is beyond embarrassing, It’s getting so bad I’m ready for them to bring back Ozzie, I was so happy when he left but maybe he could light a fire with this bunch of Mickey the mopes. 

Do you really think that Ozzie would want this job at this stage? This would be a bad situation for him.

53 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

Do you really think that Ozzie would want this job at this stage? This would be a bad situation for him.

He'd take it, because there's now almost nothing left to lose in terms of fan expectations and a lot to potentially gain if he could at least get them back to around .500ish.

Even if it's clearly the worst division in baseball. 

8 hours ago, greg775 said:

I hate to stop watching but this is too brutal for human consumption. I just can't see how anybody can pay to attend these games. You could go to the various minor league games around Illinois. I'd almost puke forking over real money to watch tonight's thriller.

Greg, I realized this week that it was too painful for me to keep watching. The last 2 games I have not watched and just tracked game here and there on phone. 

My kid is a die hard and watches every game. He's heading off to college in fall and has decided he can't watch anymore.

There is no joy in the household with sports until bears start.

We are suppose to go to LA in June to watch white sox v angels and New York in July to watch white sox v Mets and now reconsidering it.

This organization and this team has killed our enthusiasm for baseball.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

https://ontapsportsnet.com/white-sox/if-you-come-we-will-build-it-chicago-white-sox-offseason-spending-bruce-levine-attendance-comments

Found this just now.  Just listening to Levine complain about White Sox attendance after their abysmal season riddled with a complete breakdown in fundamentals last year makes one's blood boil. 

He wasn't even accurate about the 2022 attendance numbers...off by over 100,000. 

Then comparing with the Cubs? 

Any fans who purchased season tickets again after last year should be considered super fans and something just short of heroic/courageous to maintain any degree of optimism in the face of this type of systemic failure with no plan or clue how to reverse the situation...not even the most outspoken critics of Sox fans from post 2006 through 2019 could blame the fans these past two years. 

All the blame has to go on JR KW Hahn Getz and the players themselves. 

Period. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

https://ontapsportsnet.com/white-sox/if-you-come-we-will-build-it-chicago-white-sox-offseason-spending-bruce-levine-attendance-comments

Found this just now.  Just listening to Levine complain about White Sox attendance after their abysmal season riddled with a complete breakdown in fundamentals last year makes one's blood boil. 

He wasn't even accurate about the 2022 attendance numbers...off by over 100,000. 

Any fans who purchased season tickets again after last year should be considered super fans and something just short of heroic/courageous to maintain any degree of optimism in the face of this type of systemic failure with no plan or clue how to reverse the situation...not even the most outspoken critics of Sox fans from post 2006 through 2019 could blame the fans these past two years. 

Period. 

I just tune out goofballs who complain about attendance. It is an old refrain, and anyone who complains about it is a crybaby. Blaming the fans is an old practice. I'll remember that the next time Sheets drops a fly ball in right field.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Period. 

When Levine says something accurate and meaningful it will be the first time. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Saufley said:

I'm at the point where I don't care!! 

Yeah, it's not like the NBA or NFL drafts where the guy is on the team next year. They pick him up and it's "cool, see you in 4 or 5 years if you don't flame out...".

1 hour ago, dohnut said:

Yeah, it's not like the NBA or NFL drafts where the guy is on the team next year. They pick him up and it's "cool, see you in 4 or 5 years if you don't flame out...".

Unless they're picks like McDowell Ventura Thomas and Alex Fernandez...Sale/Crochet. 

Even Vaughn, Fulmer, Collins and Madrigal spent comparatively little or less time in the minors.  Same with Gordon Beckham. 

(But those were capped ceiling collegiate players and not raw high school or JC athletes like Courtney Hawkins and Tim Anderson.) 

Edited by caulfield12

5 hours ago, Highland said:

I just tune out goofballs who complain about attendance. It is an old refrain, and anyone who complains about it is a crybaby. Blaming the fans is an old practice. I'll remember that the next time Sheets drops a fly ball in right field.

Good philosophy. One thing nobody besides me ever talks about is how much $$ it costs to go to a game if you are not a secondary market/hunt for dollar hot dog night type expert. Any article or talk show about attendance should discuss the reality of the situation: enjoyment vs. $$.

Let's say I would have driven to KC for one or two of the four-game series vs. our Sox. If I met a friend there and paid 20 for parking, 35 for great seat, then the 20 dollar burger/fries/drink combo, then the one beer (10 bucks) and late game dog (9 bucks) it'd cost me about 100 bucks total. ... Yes probably half that after doing the secondary market thing. Still a lot of $. And those games? Our only win, 4-2, was so dull. Lost the other three.

One other thing to levine: Who do the Sox have you would pay to see? Maybe 1 starting pitcher (but damn they don't matter; they go five innings and are done for the night with no effect on ultimately winning the game nowadays cause they can't go more than five). Everyday players? Maybe Robert is worth paying to see. Vaughn on the chance he'll time it right and bomb one out. Sox have 'maybe' two players you would pay to see. Talk about that in attendance discussions.