Garfein: Tim Anderson hates pitch clock, not Chicago

superchops70

Just saw what it is he reacted to. So Tim Anderson hates this place because fans booed him because he didn't take an extra base because he had his head up his ass? People paid to come out on a Mother's day and that is your reaction to people being upset for a bad play??

Edited by wegner
  • Like 6
  • Fire 1

I've seen a lot of people thinking he said "I hate the pitch clock", but why would he be saying that right then? He was getting booed and shaking his head due to the wild pitch. None of those circumstances had to do with the pitch clock. And it makes sense that he would be commiserating with someone who got out of Dodge 

Edited by superchops70
  • TLR 1

10 minutes ago, Scott Merkin Fan said:

No defense for Tim here. He put on his Astros cap in that moment, for all intents and purposes. Disappointing.

Disappointing? f*** that guy. Waiver his ass.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, shago said:

Disappointing? f*** that guy. Waiver his ass.

Haha, I guess that is why you are not GM and I am not the manager....you would DFA him and I'd bench him for a week. :cool:

I'm right with you on the frustration level with TA.

• Like 1

Yeah but to some extent it reflects on the mess the org is. Jerry ain't selling and when he does pass it will be given to one of his sons. So I feel barring a miracle 05 will be the only championship in my lifetime. 

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

Not sure what this is about, please elaborate.

I can see both: “I hate the pitch clock” and “I hate this place now”.

Given the circumstance (TA getting booed because he didn’t take second on a passed ball), I think “this place” is more likely.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, dohnut said:

I can see both: “I hate the pitch clock” and “I hate this place now”.

Given the circumstance (TA getting booed because he didn’t take second on a passed ball), I think “this place” is more likely.

I don't know how anyone is drawing anything conclusive from that

Love watching all of the armchair lip readers and body language analysts work tirelessly to invent reasons to be mad at guys, as if there aren't enough real, objective gameplay things to be frustrated over.

Yes, truly, it is the players who are soft, as they insist they have been personally betrayed by a man they have never met based on something they imagined he said...🙄

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Love 1
  • Fire 1

5 minutes ago, flavum said:

I think you’re right. I hate this pitch clock is what he said.

Why? Why would he be talking about the pitch clock right then at that exact moment when he's shaking his head about the previous play? That makes  zero sense. 

Edit: just saw the previous post's exclamation from Tim. He's just covering his butt now

Edited by superchops70
  • Like 5

I don't understand the Tim bashing here even if he said that which is pure speculation. 

1. Whatever Tim says Jose is agreeing with. I think if its really the case I think the focus should be on the fact that the two major stars the Sox had in the last 8 years are agreeing its not a great place to play. Jose pretty much said as much when he left. 

2. Its been a terrible season for the White Sox. I have worked in really good environments but had a really stressful job and definitely have muttered god I hate my job. Its honestly not the truth but when things are not going right sometimes you just say things. I think it would be more fucked up if he did an interview and was like " this is great, things are perfect here". 

Basically people are people. No matter the money. Things get to them. More importantly should be the overall well being of the organization and why its not successful. I think that starts at the ownership level and really fails on the player development side of the White Sox organization.  

Edited by kwill
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• Quin changed the title to Garfein: Tim Anderson hates pitch clock, not Chicago