Garfein: Tim Anderson hates pitch clock, not Chicago

superchops70

1 hour ago, flavum said:

Giolito and TA are the same…the day is coming that they’re gone and I don’t give either one of them much thought once it happens.

I agree they both need to be gone, but they are not the same person. TA is a sensitive big whining baby, who not only is having one of his worst years, now consistently seems to not care or wants to hustle. Whether Gio has struggled or pitched well, he has always given his best effort and always positive cheering his teammates in the dugout. 

I truly wish Lucas was pitching consistently good, because he is a fiery good guy that you want on on your team. TA has become a misguided drama king and now total cancer to this team. Hence why hardly anyone cheered for him in the clubhouse a few years ago when it was announced to his teammates he made the all-star team. 

I would trade him now and not wait. I don't think you'll get any less or more now versus the trade deadline. There is always a team that will feel with a different veteran manager and coaching staff, along with more veteran players around Tim, they will get him straightened out to his old great hitting style and attitude.

When you have cancer you start removing it immediately!

Edited by The Kids Can Play
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • TLR 1

3 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

I agree they both need to be gone, but they are not the same person. TA is a sensitive big whining baby, who not only is having one of his worst years, now consistently seems to not care or wants to hustle. Whether Gio has struggled or pitched well, he has always given his best effort and always a positive cheering his teammates guy in the dugout. 

I truly wish Lucas was pitching consistently good. because he is a fiery good guy that you want on on your team. TA has become a misguided drama king and now total cancer to this team. Hence why hardly anyone cheered for him in the clubhouse a few years ago when it was announced to his teammates he made the all-star team. 

I would trade him now and not wait. I don't think you'll get any less or more now versus the trade deadline. There is always a team that will feel with a different veteran manager and coaching staff, along with more veteran players around Tim, they will get him straightened out to his old great hitting style and attitude.

Some excellent points, as you mentioned about the All Star game announcement, the silence that followed was deafening and told us there is a problem that teammates have with TA.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, flavum said:

I think you’re right. I hate this pitch clock is what he said.

I'm no lip reader. But if you look the movement of his mouth is more in clock than place. Now why does he hate it? Cause he wasn't focused or paying attention

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

I don't know how anyone is drawing anything conclusive from that

Looking at it again, he seems to be admitting to overindulging at a kid’s birthday party.

”I ate those pizzas. Yeah.”

Lip reading is hard.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Quin said:

People in this thread: "TIM ANDERSON IS AN OVER REACTIONARY CANCER."

Also people in this thread: "Based on a lip reading, I believe we should DFA Tim Anderson."

I mean, how much more evidence are the Tim supporters willing to ignore before they can admit to themselves that he's an asshole?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, kwill said:

I don't understand the Tim bashing here even if she said that which is pure speculation. 

1. Whatever Tim says Jose is agreeing with. I think if its really the case I think the focus should be on the fact that the two major stars the Sox had in the last 8 years are agreeing its not a great place to play. Jose pretty much said as much when he left. 

2. Its been a terrible season for the White Sox. I have worked in really good environments but had a really stressful job and definitely have muttered god I have my job. Its honestly not the truth but when things are going right sometimes you just say things. I think it would be more fucked up if he did an interview and was like " this is great, things are perfect here". 

Basically people are people. No matter the money. Things get to them. More importantly should be the overall well being of the organization and why its not successful. I think that starts at the ownership level and really fails on the player development side of the White Sox organization.  

You are absolutely right the owner is a total POS and worst one in baseball. His lack of leadership doesn't help. However regardless if you're shitty owner or that your GM sucks, a player still has a responsibility to his teammates and fans to give his best effort, as well as being a positive non-selfish prima-donna player. Tim has lost all those traits. 

Plus it's one thing if TA was hitting like he did those seasons well over 300 maybe you could tolerate it more. I'm sorry though, the dude is hitting .260 with a .304 OBP as a leadoff hitter. Tim has zero home runs, with a .313 SLG% and .606 OPS. Who needs that crap along with a shitty attitude? 

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

Truly shocked that you made another stupid post.

Regardless of if he said it or not he needs to go.

Guy is a cancer. He can take his attitude, his arrogance and his "face of the IL" (LOL) someplace else.

If he didn't have a history of shooting his mouth off "We're the best team in the league!", the suspensions, flipping off the fans in Cleveland he'd get the benefit of the doubt. 

But he has that history, that's not open to conjecture...that's factual. 

Like someone else posted he's got 90 more days here then "He Gone!" 😆

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 1

3 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

You are absolutely right the owner is a total POS and worst one in baseball. His lack of leadership doesn't help. However regardless if you're shitty owner or that your GM sucks, a player still has a responsibility to your teammates and fans to give his best effort, as well as being a positive non-selfish prima-donna player. Tim has lost all those traits. 

Plus it's one thing if TA was hitting like he did those seasons well over 300 maybe you could tolerate it more. I'm sorry though, the dude is hitting .260 with a .304 OBP as a leadoff hitter. Tim has zero home runs, with a .313 SLG% and .606 OPS. Who needs that crap along with a shitty attitude? 

Of course, it's totally expected that he goes on the trade market at far less than peak value... and the franchise is somehow further screwed for the future. 

I guess the only way things could be much worse would be with Abreu extended... but that probably would have blocked/nullified the Benintendi deal. 

At any rate, he needs to be a far better leader than he has been these last two seasons when things weren't going well.  Anyone can lead when the ship's going in the right direction. 

All that said, even Abreu eventually gave up out of frustration. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Of course, it's totally expected that he goes on the trade market at far less than peak value... and the franchise is somehow further screwed for the future. 

I guess the only way things could be much worse would be with Abreu extended... but that probably would have blocked/nullified the Benintendi deal. 

At any rate, he needs to be a far better leader than he has been these last two seasons when things weren't going well.  Anyone can lead when the ship's going in the right direction. 

That's a very valid point and as someone else posted, the reaction of his teammates to the All-Star selection video from last year is telling what they may think of his "leadership."

And no he's not the only problem with this incompetent, dysfunctional and inept organization...but he is a piece of everything that is wrong. 

Edited by Lip Man 1
  • Like 1

I don’t think he said what many think he said. But after last nights loaf which got him thrown out, it would be nice if his head could be in a game well enough to where he could get to secomd on a ball that got far enough away from the catcher Paul Konerko could have advanced a base.

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Regardless of if he said it or not he needs to go.

Guy is a cancer. He can take his attitude, his arrogance and his "face of the IL" (LOL) someplace else.

If he didn't have a history of shooting his mouth off "We're the best team in the league!", the suspensions, flipping off the fans in Cleveland he'd get the benefit of the doubt. 

But he has that history, that's not open to conjecture...that's factual. 

Like someone else posted he's got 90 more days here then "He Gone!" 😆

There is no doubt Tim has changed for whatever mental issues he is dealing with. This is not the same Tim Anderson from a few years ago that:

1. The fans and his teammates and all of baseball America loved and respected. 

2. They made a 6 part documentary about Tim due to his popularity

3. He was the face of this Sox franchise. "Change the Game!" and one of the more popular players in the game.

4. Was hitting well over .300 several years and hitting for some power and home runs

His attitude and hustle is now a huge problem! He needs to be traded!

I hope for Tim he can turn around his inner demons that seem to be bothering him and get back to being the fun TA, but for another team and not the Sox. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Just now, Dick Allen said:

I don’t think he said what many think he said.

Maybe he didn't but again, just my opinion, the entire body of work, the history...the guy doesn't seem like a good teammate. And the fact that he can't stay healthy isn't helping his situation or giving him the benefit of the doubt.

It may be very unfair but if you are the "face of the franchise" then you are expected to play and conduct yourself to a higher standard. 

I think he needs to go and I've felt that way for a few years now. Not just him but a number of these other underachievers who seem to be babied. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

I don’t think he said what many think he said.

The more I looked at the video it seemed there was one more word than we thought what was said, what it was I don’t know.  Either way there is no doubt that TA has an attitude problem and I’m pretty sure his teammates have a problem with him.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

There is no doubt Tim has changed for whatever mental issues he is dealing with. This is not the same Tim Anderson from a few years ago that:

1. The fans and his teammates and all of baseball America loved and respected. 

2. They made a 6 part documentary about Tim due to his popularity

3. He was the face of this Sox franchise. "Change the Game!" and one of the more poplar players in the game.

4. Was hitting well over .300 several years and hitting for some power and home runs

His attitude and hustle is now a huge problem! He needs to be traded!

I hope for Tim he can turn around his inner demons that seem to be bothering him and get back to being the fun TA, but for another team and not the Sox. 

He won an AL Batting Crown and has/had the highest cumulative batting average in the AL from 2019-22. 

At the very worst, he's a much more athletic DJ LeMahieu. 

We will see soon enough how winning organizations like the Dodgers perceive him from the the outside and what his true trade value is to teams that don't worry as much about chemistry as pure talent. 

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

I agree they both need to be gone, but they are not the same person. TA is a sensitive big whining baby, who not only is having one of his worst years, now consistently seems to not care or wants to hustle. Whether Gio has struggled or pitched well, he has always given his best effort and always positive cheering his teammates in the dugout. 

I truly wish Lucas was pitching consistently good, because he is a fiery good guy that you want on on your team. TA has become a misguided drama king and now total cancer to this team. Hence why hardly anyone cheered for him in the clubhouse a few years ago when it was announced to his teammates he made the all-star team. 

I agree.  Well said.

Abreu is a class act.  Giolito at least tries.  Anderson is an a—hole.  Always has been.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Your best point is, "Anyone can lead when the ship's going in the right direction." I thought Tim was a better leader and obviously he showed us his true colors when the team was doing bad. It's very disappointing.

As far as his peak value, yes he isn't that same Tim. However as I stated in another post, another owner and GM will see the immense talent Tim has. They will think, oh we can straighten him out. The only reason he isn't doing well, is because he is playing for that shitty White Sox club. We'll fix him!

We should get good value for Tim IMO. However the only problem standing in our way is...Hahn will be making the trade. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

He won an AL Batting Crown and has/had the highest cumulative batting average in the AL from 2019-22. 

At the very worst, he's a much more athletic DJ LeMahieu. 

We will see soon enough how winning organizations like the Dodgers perceive him from the the outside and what his true trade value is to teams that don't worry as much about chemistry as pure talent. 

There is no substitute for talent agreed. However it only takes one of two guys who for whatever reason or reasons conduct themselves like an ass, to disrupt said talent. The fact that with the Sox the inmates seem to be running the asylum doesn't help things.

Put him on a team like the Dodgers or the Yankees, the Braves...teams who have strong leaders and I'm guessing Anderson will shape up very quickly. 

He's got a ton of talent, he also seems to have some real issues. 

• Like 1

Ok I had a neutral observer watch the video with no context and let me know what he said. She said he said "thats bullshit".  So that is the final word and my wife is a Mother so you cannot disagree with her until tomorrow.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Sambuca said:

Why is this even a thing? Dude barely moved his mouth. Do people usually try to figure out everything a player mumbles to himself during a game?

Only when the team he plays for is a complete mess, the rebuild is right down the toilet, guys can't stay healthy for a week at a time let alone for most of the season and the front office is incompetent. To say nothing of the player in question's history on and off the field. 

• Thanks 2

• Quin changed the title to Garfein: Tim Anderson hates pitch clock, not Chicago