Garfein: Tim Anderson hates pitch clock, not Chicago

superchops70

1 hour ago, The Kids Can Play said:

The Dodgers are a great example. They have the minor league abundance of talent to afford to give up some good prospects. They also have the veteran players to keep him in line which we don't have. They have veteran manager and coaching staff. Most importantly, they also have one of the best front offices in baseball with the strong leadership and culture to get the best out of TA again. 

The Dodgers have been waiting in the weeds ever since the trades for Betts and Scherzer/Trea Turner (which didn't turn out well in the end, just like Machado.)

Adding Anderson and Ohtani (after basically sitting out FA this off season), they're just going to roll over everyone, even without Walker Buehler and a "big name" closer.  Heck, they've been running out Peralta/Outman/Thompson for much of the year as their starting OF and still are going to run away with the division.

SD overplayed their hands putting four superstars together and trading away 75% of their farm system in the last 2-3 years.  It was exciting while it lasted, but now the same cracks are starting to develop that were evident in late 2021, this time with Manny Machado and the starting pitchers beginning to falter.

19 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Tim busted his ass for over 8 seasons and what did it get him? Zero Postseason with the absolute trash Hahn fields year in and year out. He had to play the past two seasons with a senile drunk driving assclown. 

I don't blame a single employee (non officers) for hating their current work situation with the White Sox. This is a trash organization, one with a mission statement from their owner to finish in second place. The same team who trashed their greatest players on the way out (Frank Thomas, Carlton Fisk).

The owner and senior executives are among the worst of any sports team. Anyone with any talent would be disgusted with every game they suited up for this clown show, knowing it was completely and utterly futile in terms of team success, and will continue to be until they are finally able to leave and sign elsewhere.

How many millions of dollars is he getting for that "work situation" again?

I get it, the Sox organization from top to bottom is horseshit, no argument there, but as long as these guys are getting paid ungodly sums they have an obligation regardless if the team is 30 games over or 30 games under, no excuse.

If he doesn't care for the situation (and I don't blame him there) have his agent make a formal request for a trade. 

Again his history with suspensions, flipping off fans, the off field situation, his arrogant talk means he isn't going to get the benefit of the doubt. That's a situation he created, not JR...not Rick Hahn or anybody else.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • TLR 1

2 hours ago, JoeCredeYes said:

I mean, how much more evidence are the Tim supporters willing to ignore before they can admit to themselves that he's an asshole?

Maybe asshole is right maybe it's not. I think he's certainly being judged hard based on the whole cheating on his wife and baby mama stuff. He gets on Garfien and the fans about how we should all be pulling from the same rope. He's being judged because now more than any time in the past there is fan backlash and meatball takes from every lunatic with a Twitter or Instagram. We scrutinize every incident , even non incidents. s%*# storms must be a b**** to deal with. I feel for them sometimes but then I don't if they are going to be their own worst enemy. Sometimes Tim reminds me of Hahn opening his mouth about parades then blaming everyone else. If you talk the talk you better walk the walk because it catches up to you real fast when things go south and you show that you can't take the heat.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, The Kids Can Play said:

There is no doubt Tim has changed for whatever mental issues he is dealing with. This is not the same Tim Anderson from a few years ago that:

1. The fans and his teammates and all of baseball America loved and respected. 

2. They made a 6 part documentary about Tim due to his popularity

3. He was the face of this Sox franchise. "Change the Game!" and one of the more poplar players in the game.

4. Was hitting well over .300 several years and hitting for some power and home runs

His attitude and hustle is now a huge problem! He needs to be traded!

I hope for Tim he can turn around his inner demons that seem to be bothering him and get back to being the fun TA, but for another team and not the Sox. 

MLB "changed the game" on Tim when they ditched the juiced ball.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

can only imagine Josh Donaldson calling him "Jackie" when he's actually playing for that historic franchise.

No one should mention Tim Anderson and the great Jackie Robinson in the same breath, least of all Tim Anderson.  Unless of course it is to mock him for proclaiming himself the next Jackie Robinson for how he thinks he is going to "change the game."

• Like 4
  • TLR 1

47 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

At least it will be fun to watch the Dodgers win another World Series with Anderson and Ohtani playing starring roles, lol...

can only imagine Josh Donaldson calling him "Jackie" when he's actually playing for that historic franchise.

I couldn't care less what the Dodgers do in the postseason, but you go ahead and enjoy that fun.

TA has changed, without a doubt.  Spring training he gave an interview to Our Chuck and literally got onto him for questioning the players' efforts.  I mean, dude, look at your record...I would say most media took it easy on y'all and flamed TLR more.

Then his stupid documentary, which hearing him talk, clearly went to his head.  The baby mama drama.  The injuries.  The cryptic tweets.  His inability to hit with RISP.  

Whatever.  I loved him as a player for years but if he doesn't care, I don't care.  

• Thanks 3

Problem is.. none of these guys are hungry anymore because the money.  You know its a dream to play MLB and one 5 million a year season you're set for life.  This organization has had multiple failures building this team not paying for proven stars and going cheap.  Team needs a winning culture again.  It needs to clean house from the top down.  Needs better scouting , player development , leadership. 

I really enjoyed this team from 1992 to 2007.  2007 was one of the first big losing season I witnessed with this franchise.  It was very disappointing coming 2 years after a WS win.  The next 5 years team was OK and just good enough to make playoffs or hover .500.  The next 11 years have been horrific minus 20 and 21.  That was a solid core they failed to properly build around that's now minus Abreu , Rodon, Madrigal and features alot of declining and injured prone talent and guys who are about to get real expensive unless they're traded.  Some guys are so bad this year they wouldn't even cut it in AAA.  These players should be embarrassed instead of crying and complaining.   Even with the loss of talent this team should be .500 not 14 games under 500 42 games into the season.  If they keep up this pace that's 50 games under .500 with a 180 million dollar payroll.  Disgusting 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Sambuca said:

This s%*# is honestly so stupid.

There’s plenty to be upset about without manufacturing this embarrassing lip reading witch-hunt.

I agree, still Pedro should be embarrassed at his group of injured losers.

• Like 1

If Tim is upset about being here isn't it understandable? He's playing on a team that isn't doing well. AND he has stated a number of times he wants a  contract extension and wants to finish  his career with the White Sox. The front office  has not offered him a contract extension and I'm sure he is not happy about that.

21 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

If Tim is upset about being here isn't it understandable? He's playing on a team that isn't doing well. AND he has stated a number of times he wants a  contract extension and wants to finish  his career with the White Sox. The front office  has not offered him a contract extension and I'm sure he is not happy about that.

As one of the players who can't seem to convert RISP surely he is partly to blame for a team that 'isn't doing well'.

As for not being offered a contract extension, I am sure that his injury record in recent seasons and salary demands have something to do with that.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Guy is a cancer and needs to go. He can take his act with him as he leaves.

The loathsome owner is THE cancer. It is his responsibility to create a culture of winning by hiring the best available decision-makers who are allowed to bring in bonafide difference-makers.

If TA is the biggest problem the Sox have, they don't  have any problems. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

26 minutes ago, GradMc said:

The loathsome owner is THE cancer. It is his responsibility to create a culture of winning by hiring the best available decision-makers who are allowed to bring in bonafide difference-makers.

Sox 2-15 after Anderson went out of the lineup until he returned from the IL, some crazy stat like that

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, GradMc said:

Sox 2-15 then 3-15 after Anderson went out of the lineup until he returned from the IL against the Twins that Monday in early May, some crazy stat like that...right now, something like 4 victories all season without him playing over 25% of the way through the season. 

16 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Sox 2-15 then 3-15 after Anderson went out of the lineup until he returned from the IL against the Twins that Monday in early May, some crazy stat like that...right now, something like 4 victories all season without him playing over 25% of the way through the season. 

This is more an indication of our woeful depth than anything else, imo.  Last few years when Tim goes down, we're stuck replacing him with Leury, Lenyn, or Romy.  None of those guys can hit.  Our best shot to win games was when we had Mendick around to spell TA7, and Mendick was nothing special himself.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Quin changed the title to Garfein: Tim Anderson hates pitch clock, not Chicago
39 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Hanser Alberto is public enemy #1