Garfein: Tim Anderson hates pitch clock, not Chicago

superchops70

54 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Sox 2-15 then 3-15 after Anderson went out of the lineup until he returned from the IL against the Twins that Monday in early May, some crazy stat like that...right now, something like 4 victories all season without him playing over 25% of the way through the season. 

Chicago White Sox 2016-2023

1. Tim Plays 376-419 .473
  2. White Sox Overall 502-571.468
  3. Tim Does Not Play 126-152 .453

Chicago White Sox Front Office allegedly "Trying Era" 2020-2023

1. Tim Plays 155-119 .566
  2. White Sox Overall 223-203 .523
  3. Tim Does Not Play 68-84 .447
Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Tim sure has been apart of alot of losing baseball around these parts. Tim also misses a bunch of baseball games. Yeesh thats alot of missed games. Not good. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GreatScott82 said:

Tim sure has been apart of alot of losing baseball around these parts. Tim also misses a bunch of baseball games. Yeesh thats alot of missed games. Not good. 

What are your expectations for games played by a starter?

Most reasonable people would consider 140 games per season (86% games played) an expected no injury pace.

Shortstop is more taxing than any other position besides catcher. Tim played in 74.1% throughout his career.

16 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

For the "trying era"

1. Tim plays over 162: 91 win pace.
2. Tim doesn't play: 72 win pace.

Conclusion: TEAM CANCER

• Thanks 2
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, Green Line said:

Pretty much half the lineup is a cancer to be fair.  The only ones who Im confident are not is Billy Hamilton.

Burger has very recently played a much better 3B. 

Gets huge credit just for battling back and persevering with those two Achilles' tendon injuries, especially the second occurrence. 

Seems like a genuinely decent guy... like Giolito. 

• Like 6

54 minutes ago, GreatScott82 said:

I think most of Tim's wins came in 2020 and early 2021. Since June of 2021 the records are probably similar when he plays or not. 

9 hours ago, JoeCredeYes said:

I've been pretty open about my disdain for the man.

Actually breaking it down more recently, the Sox W-L record in 2022 and 2023 with Tim playing is only 53-50.  

TA played in 79 games in '22 which is 48.7% of the games. This year in '23, he has played in 23 games which is 54.7% of the games.

2022-2023

AB's   428
Hits    125
Runs   63
2B       18
HR's     6
BB       20
BA    .292
OBP .323
SLG  .379
OP3  .710 

Let's assume Tim didn't say he hated this team and it was the clock. It still doesn't matter...he needs to go!

The fact still remains, his attitude, being kicked out of games, suspensions and constant injuries....while putting up these lesser TA type numbers...is just not worth it anymore.  

TA's numbers have fallen off significantly and don't warrant keeping him with his bad attitude, terrible leadership, lack of hustle and anemic hitting production.

It's time to move on trade him for prospects. Let him try to straighten out his career at another winning team and culture...because the Sox do not have the front office, manager, coaches and veteran players to turn Tim around. 

TA used to be one of my favorite players, but times have changed. In baseball nobody cares what you did several years ago. It's all about what have you done for us lately. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Green Line said:

Pretty much half the lineup is a cancer to be fair.  The only ones who Im confident are not is Billy Hamilton.

I agree most of this organization is cancer. Jerry and his POS FO have created a cancerous and losing culture.

However it's unfair to say Billy Hamilton is the only one on this team not part of the cancer.

Forgetting production and only going on attitude and hustle, I would add Cease, Giolito, Hendricks, when back, Vaughn and Burger. There might be more, but for sure those listed imo, are not part of the cancer on this club. 

11 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

Actually breaking it down more recently, the Sox W-L record in 2022 and 2023 with Tim playing is only 53-50.  

TA played in 79 games in '22 which is 48.7% of the games. This year in '23, he has played in 23 games which is 54.7% of the games.

2022-2023

AB's   428
Hits    125
Runs   63
2B       18
HR's     6
BB       20
BA    .292
OBP .323
SLG  .379
OP3  .710 

Let's assume Tim didn't say he hated this team and it was the clock. It still doesn't matter...he needs to go!

The fact still remains, his attitude, being kicked out of games, suspensions and constant injuries....while putting up these lesser TA type numbers...is just not worth it anymore.  

TA's numbers have fallen off significantly and don't warrant keeping him with his bad attitude, terrible leadership, lack of hustle and anemic hitting production.

It's time to move on trade him for prospects. Let him try to straighten out his career at another winning team and culture...because the Sox do not have the front office, manager, coaches and veteran players to turn Tim around. 

TA used to be one of my favorite players, but times have changed. In baseball nobody cares what you did several years ago. It's all about what have you done for us lately. 

The Chicago White Sox are 43-59 without Tim Anderson since 2022.

So they're still significantly better with him. No matter how you slice it, the Sox are better with Tim Anderson at the top of the lineup.

Re: the highlighted, I guess you were clamoring for the Sox to show Frank Thomas the door in the 2005 offseason?

• Like 1

I'll add this: TA has problems, yeah. But we were all clamoring for Machado despite his "Johnny Hustle" reputation after he left the Dodgers. And not signing him is one of, if not the, biggest failure of the rebuild.

2 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

Giolito,

There might be more, but for sure those listed imo, are not part of the cancer on this club. 

Had the Sox not hired his high school coach Lucas 100% would be openly bashing the org by now. 

1 minute ago, Quin said:

The Chicago White Sox are 43-59 without Tim Anderson since 2022.

So they're still significantly better with him. No matter how you slice it, the Sox are better with Tim Anderson at the top of the lineup.

Re: the highlighted, I guess you were clamoring for the Sox to show Frank Thomas the door in the 2005 offseason?

1. Yes the Sox are better with Tim in the lineup, but my point is when he is in the lineup, its only a few games over 500. That type of W-L record will not get you to the World Series. 

2. A 43-59 record without TA is such misleading and not a stat that is quantitative! Tim is not the only player on the roster contributing to that bad record. You seem to forget there are several key starters on this team the last two years always injured and not in the lineup. When these key starters are in the lineup they haven't been producing. That is the real reason the team is 43-59 and not because of TA missing. 

3. Tim's production has fallen off significantly the last two years. As a result, if his production and lack of playing due to injuries is so bad, then why do we need this guy on our team...based on his horrible attitude, leadership and hustle.

4. In 2005, I was one of the people pissed that Frank Thomas was forced out. He was then and still is today my favorite Sox player of all time. I even posted some stats on Frank in another post earlier this season that showed he was not washed up after he left and had some strong power production after he left. 

5. You seem to be missing another point, Tim will be a UFA in 2025. There is no way in hell Tim will sign with the Sox. In fact, with the club option this will Tim's last year with the Sox. So why wouldn't we trade him now?

I seriously have no clue why you are defending TA?

5 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

That's is a ridiculous statement. You don't know that!

From everything I've read and seen Lucas is a class act.  

No speculating allowed, except for you... right?

You literally listed players that you know aren't the cancer? Lol.  

• Fire 1