Garfein: Tim Anderson hates pitch clock, not Chicago

superchops70

23 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

That three day event is one of the highlights of my professional life. Dick was gracious, genuinely touched by the reception and the crowd who came out for the dinner...he even asked for the mic to sing along with Nancy Faust when she played "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" for the seventh inning stretch as part of the program.

When everything was done we were all back at the Drake Hotel having a last get together/drink at the bar. I was in the corner talking pitching with Gossage and Bradley (I pitched myself growing up) when someone came up behind me and gave me a bear hug. Almost crushed my ribs...it was Dick with a big smile on his face thanking me for my help in the event.

Just a very special moment. 

That's a great story Lip.  Thanks for sharing.  And thanks for helping to organize that event honoring him.

4 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

There were dozens of post 2022 stories by the media trashing Abreu's lack of leadership, he only cared about himself and his stats, only spoke with Spanish speaking players. Nobody called him a cancer, but everyone trashed him as a "leader" when he simply tried to lead by example by busting his ass and playing every day. People also criticized Harold Baines for being a quiet reserved player, he just went out and did his job.

Citations needed.

42 minutes ago, FloydBannister1983 said:

Citations needed.

1. Hawk on the 2022 clubhouse

2. Another Reinsdorf media hack Ozzie on the Score in March said Jose is no leader, he just cared about himself and his stats.

3, Abreu did not receive respect from the organization.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/sports-saturday/2023/3/3/23622977/jose-abreu-astros-white-sox-mlb-2023?utm_campaign=slgreenberg&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

“Sometimes,” he said, “when you’re at a place where maybe you’re not being respected to the point where you think you should be, you just have to go somewhere else.”

You can read many posters here trashing Jose in this thread.

• Haha 1

Pretty clearly Tim Anderson focused on batting average over home runs beginning in 2019...the question is whether he can go back to an average of that 12-18, touching 20 homer guy vs. now someone that's currently struggling to hit double digits accompanied by that low OBP.

Or at least putting up big XB numbers from pulling line drives in the air to the left hand side of the field...? 

They said Ichiro could have hit 20-25 homers, even 30, had he so desired to play that style. 

Let's see how Anderson responds these next 2-3 months. 

1 hour ago, FloydBannister1983 said:

When did this become WSI?

Ah, the message board I I was banned from for giving their admins some s%*# after I got bored on the whitesox.com message boards and chat room. I then found Soxtalk and 20 years later I’m still here.

Edited by The Beast
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

1. Hawk on the 2022 clubhouse

2. Another Reinsdorf media hack Ozzie on the Score in March said Jose is no leader, he just cared about himself and his stats.

3, Abreu did not receive respect from the organization.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/sports-saturday/2023/3/3/23622977/jose-abreu-astros-white-sox-mlb-2023?utm_campaign=slgreenberg&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

You can read many posters here trashing Jose in this thread.

Lol, nothing there.  When you’re a hammer everything looks like a nail.  Welcome to my blocked list.

• TLR 1

On 5/14/2023 at 6:22 PM, Quin said:

How much more do you need to make up to admit that you just don't like him?

🤡💩

The team is better with this "cancer" leading the way.Screenshot_20230514-212152.png

Thanks for changing the title. As usual all the wild hot takes come early and the more reasonable ones come later. I did come back to thank you and to say just how strange the internet is to have someone start a controversy just by suggesting that if TA said he hated this place ,they wouldn't blame him.

I don't know if that's the tweet that started it. It seemed like the tweeter knew that's not what he said but only suggested that if he said it he would be right. How that got turned into he actually said he hated this place, I have absolutely no idea. But then to see people arguing that it made more sense that he said " place" rather than " pitch clock" based on the game situation blows my mind.

Dudes you're arguing that something made sense to be true from a starting point of something wasn't even true to start with just to pile more controversy onto a player who really doesn't need falsities created  to his already controversial persona.

We get it. The Sox are in a very bad place and TA hasn't been the TA of 20??- 2021 for a while, but really ?  This never should have become a thing. It's literally putting words in someone's mouth and attempting to argue that it could be true because of how you think that person must be thinking because you'd be thinking that way if ,instead of being a fat slob on the couch watching sports and fantasizing of being him, that's  exactly what you would say, instead of pass me the cheese dip. SMH.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Like 1
  • Fire 2

1 hour ago, MikeKreevich said:

When was the last time Anderson got a hit to the left side of the diamond.  When ever he attempts to pull it results in a lazy ground ball out.  I thought he was a 20 to 25 homer guy and wow, hits to right are all we get.

Maybe it was a rhetorical question but it was actually the last game that he had a hit to the left side. He put one in the hole between 3rd and SS .

• Like 1

17 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Top 6 fWAR hitters (1964-1977)

1. 78.4 Joe Morgan
  2. 75.6 Carl Yastrzemski
  3. 70.0 Pete Rose
  4. 67.4 Hank Aaron
  5. 61.2 Ron Santo
  6. 61.2 Dick Allen

Top 60 fWAR hitters (1980-2000)

• 1-6: B. Bonds 110.1, R. Henderson 106.0, C. Ripken 93.0, W. Boggs 88.3, K. Griffey Jr. 73.9, T. Raines 66.0.
  • 7-12: M. McGwire 65.8, B. Larkin 64.6, T. Gwynn 64.5, O. Smith 64.2, J. Bagwell 62.8, A. Trammell 61.3.
  • 13-18: L. Whittaker 61.2, R. Sandberg 60.9, P. Molitor 60.4, E. Murray 59.7, F. Thomas 59.7, R. Palmeiro 58.6.
  • 19-24: M. Schmidt 56.5, E. Martinez 56.4, R. Alomar 56.0, R. Yount 55.2, C. Biggio 55.0, W. Clark 52.0.
  • 25-30: G. Brett 51.6, F. McGriff 51.2, M. Piazza 49.8, A. Dawson 48.8, R. Ventura 48.5, G. Carter 48.3.
  • 31-36: L. Walker 47.5, T. Phillips 46.6, K. Lofton 46.2, J. Olerud 45.0, K. Puckett 44.9, D. Murphy 44.7.
  • 37-42: D. Evans 44.4, M. Grace 44.2, T. Fernandez 43.6, W. Randolph 43.0, M. Williams 43.0, K. Hernandez 42.5.
  • 43-48: B. Butler 42.2, A. Van Slyke 41.9, D. Strawberry 41.5, I. Rodriguez 41.2, S. Sosa 41.1, D. White 41.1.
  • 49-54: A. Belle 41.0, J. Canseco 41.0, D. Mattingly 40.7, P. O'Neill 40.4, L. Dykstra 40.3, J. Clark 40.0
  • 55-60: C. Knoblauch 39.9, H. Baines 39.7, D. Justice 39.2, R. Lankford 39.2, G. Gaetti 39.0, J. Barfield 39.0.

Seeing this posted made me see the one glaring name in the HOF, that makes Dick Allen not being in the HOF a total blatant injustice. 

Ron Santo - 15 year career - .277/.362/.464/.826, with 342 HR's, 365 doubles, 3779 Total Bases, no MVP or ROY

Dick Allen - 15 year career - .292/.378/.534/.912, with 351 HR's, 320 doubles, 3379 Total Bases, one MVP and one ROY.

The Baseball Hall of Fame Era Committee formerly known as the Veterans Committee needs to wake up and get their act together and get Dick Allen in. 

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

Dick Allen - 15 year career - .292/.378/.534/.912, with 351 HR's, 320 doubles, 3379 Total Bases, one MVP and one ROY.

The Baseball Hall of Fame Era Committee formerly known as the Veterans Committee needs to wake up and get their act together and get Dick Allen in. 

Only one ROY?

weak.

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Wonder if Dodgers would take Alberto, Anderson, Benintendi, Bummer, Clevinger, Giolito, Grandal, Graveman, Hendriks, Jimenez, Kelly, Lopez, Lynn, Moncada and International Cash for a low A PTBNL.

For those scoring at home.  In the first inning he has 9 total bases and 15 strikeouts. 

My issues with him are laziness at SS and leading off.  The White Sox treat him like a player he is not. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, MikeKreevich said:

Mrs. Anderson hasn't been making much spaghetti lately.  Could Anderson be affected by Trade talks?  Would he be dogging  it a bit to keep from being traded?  Why can't he pull the ball with power?

chart-12.jpeg

Because you can’t hit a ground ball out of the ballpark and Anderson hits the ball into the ground now.