Garfein: Tim Anderson hates pitch clock, not Chicago

superchops70

15 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

I think mentally he has one foot out the door already.

I don't know what is going on with Anderson, but I think someone should sit down and have a talk with this young man. Maybe he needs a change of scenery, but he has to know he will take whatever problems he has with him. Right now, he is only sabotaging himself. 

• Like 1

For a player that could be traded to a perennial champion and looking at $100M+ payday he doesn't appear to be the part. 

I'm thinking his trade value is cratering and teams may shy away from him.

If I had to guess he is mad about his contract and the White Sox will not renegotiate. 

A 32 year old Tim Anderson isn't getting even the Javy Baez contract.

• Like 1

He will get a good deal (100m+) and he would be very valuable to LAD at the deadline. Maybe get a good pitching and catching prospect that's close to MLB ready. 

In fact, Rushing + Pepiot is basically almost equal value to TA (we would actually be getting a bit of extra value).

Adding a LH slugging catcher with ability to stick behind the plate and good LH power along with a good pitching prospect...I'll do that right now, forget about July. 

Edited by SoCalChiSox

After that error last night, Scott Merkin is really really trying to annoy Sox fans.  His head seems to be more off than on the field right now... and this basically just reinforces that perception.  Kevin Durant he is not... at least has a LONG ways to go

Good thing that TA didn't hear the Guardians' radio guys asserting that TA "really isn't a very good defensive shortstop" last night.   

TA on fashion/music industry/business ideas

“The idea starts as like a business,” Anderson told me. “If I’m going to do something, I’m going to go all in and try to make it the biggest. It has always been a business plan.

“It makes sense having the angles and thought process behind it and not just doing it. Doing it for a reason and having your target. How are you going to go about it? All the stuff has been talked about vs. jumping out and doing it. The things I do kind of make sense. They are pretty cool.”

We did get a chance to discuss two of Anderson’s passions: fashion and music. Good fashion for me is when my Superbad McLovin fake ID graphic tee matches my jeans, but for Anderson, that real fashion connection started well before he was able to use his Major League earnings to improve his selections.

Tim  Anderson

“I put them on in high school,” Anderson said. “I’m just not getting dressed now. It’s getting better with the position I am in. I’m able to get more name-brand stuff. It’s really about matching. But you want to look good.

“Your clothes are a big image of yourself and how people see you and how people view you. If you are looking nice, then people will respect you because you care about yourself. You represent yourself in the right way. You’re looking good, smelling good. That plays a huge role into image.”

Anderson has his own brand, TA7, but hasn’t dropped any merchandise. He’s changing the angles because he wants to make it more fashionable for fans to feel like him when wearing something he created and not just a logo on shirts. 

As for music, some of Anderson’s inner circle already are making it.

“I got a little brother that raps so it’s kind of already starting and rolling,” Anderson said. “Nothing has been stamped and labeled but it’s a lot of cool ideas and a lot of things I’m doing behind the scenes I don’t share but I just work on.

“If they get big, then the world will see. If not, then just having fun. It’s a hobby but it’s also allowing people, helping people to better their chances to get in a better position for life. Just an opportunity.

Scott Merkin MLB.com

10 hours ago, Highland said:

I don't know what is going on with Anderson, but I think someone should sit down and have a talk with this young man. Maybe he needs a change of scenery, but he has to know he will take whatever problems he has with him. Right now, he is only sabotaging himself. 

he's pissed that he wasn't paid with a big contract or extension like Robert, Moncada, or Benintendi

now he's hurt and clearly bothered by the money s%*#, his injuries, the team being bad, and the lack of leadership in the clubhouse that he had when Abreu was here

Speaking of TA he's quoted in this story tonight in the Sun-Times. According to the writer he was a mite "testy" when he was asked about the error yesterday (he wasn't available to talk to the media after that game. Guess he was pulling a Hahn who STILL hasn't spoken to the media on this homestand. LOL)

https://chicago.suntimes.com/white-sox/2023/5/19/23730732/liam-hendriks-cant-come-back-soon-enough-for-sox

I remember quite a few years ago, when Steve Stone was actually still doing Cubs games and he was being interviewed about the shortstop position....Stone made it very clear that he thought the most important thing about a shortstop in a winning organization was to have a guy that made all the routine plays.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, wegner said:

I remember quite a few years ago, when Steve Stone was actually still doing Cubs games and he was being interviewed about the shortstop position....Stone made it very clear that he thought the most important thing about a shortstop in a winning organization was to have a guy that made all the routine plays.

The argument there was always something like Jose Valentin vs. Royce Clayton.

Jose got to everything and also had a Top 3-5 infield arm in the majors.  Clayton rarely made errors but limited range when with the Sox.

4 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Jose got to everything and also had a Top 3-5 infield arm in the majors.  Clayton rarely made errors but limited range when with the Sox.

With those 2 though there was another issue....Jose would run through a wall for his teammates while Royce would complain about someone putting a wall there.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

How would you describe Uribe defensively? I personally remember Juan as a clutch defender...when a play really needed to be made he would make it. Although I admit my judgement might be clouded by 2 of the the final outs in the clinching game in 2005. :cool:

Edited by wegner
  • Love 1

The 2 hopper off the side of the mound wasn't even an error....but the way that it was immediately announced as one perhaps  says more about the announcers than it does about Tim. True, analytically TA7 isn't the best defensive SS but he isn't  the worst either. He had an injury earlier that slowed him down. Give the guy a break...this player had a batting Title not that long ago. Also realize that he will always be subjected to Josh Donaldson type excuses for criticizing him , i.e., baseless. I think his bat will prove people who doubt him wrong again. Also he makes tough plays other SS would not, and that does not show up in the stats. Of course, some want to trade Moncada after he bobbled a ball so there is that. Maybe just watch the games and get off the silly posts.

• Love 1

3 hours ago, wegner said:

How would you describe Uribe defensively? I personally remember Juan as a clutch defender...when a play really needed to be made he would make it. Although I admit my judgement might be clouded by 2 of the the final outs in the clinching game in 2005. :cool:

Uribe was one of the three best infielders in recent Sox history. 

So smooth in the unique way he always caught the ball like a vacuum cleaner, solid range and a plus plus arm.  That unique physique of his lol...you could instantaneously identify him hitting fielding or running like Popeye. 

Mark Buehrle loved him as a teammate so much he was willing to take a salary cut to allocate that money to keep Uribe around another year. 

And he was one of the rare teammates universally adored across white, Latin and black teammate cliques. 

Edited by caulfield12
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, tray said:

The 2 hopper off the side of the mound wasn't even an error....but the way that it was immediately announced as one perhaps  says more about the announcers than it does about Tim. True, analytically TA7 isn't the best defensive SS but he isn't  the worst either. He had an injury earlier that slowed him down. Give the guy a break...this player had a batting Title not that long ago. Also realize that he will always be subjected to Josh Donaldson type excuses for criticizing him , i.e., baseless. I think his bat will prove people who doubt him wrong again. Also he makes tough plays other SS would not, and that does not show up in the stats. Of course, some want to trade Moncada after he bobbled a ball so there is that. Maybe just watch the games and get off the silly posts.

Nobody said trade Moncada because he juggled lol. 

What was actually said was that play late yesterday was not a good reason to make Jake Burger a permanent DH or 1B. 

Point Two...holding onto Moncada next year when a team would be committing to a minimum of $29 million seems a bit dubious. 

You better be getting a superstar performance for $24 and $25 million per season for a franchise DEEPLY committed to never going over the $200 million payroll mark. 

3 hours ago, tray said:

Much like Alexei Ramirez (whom one of the Sox broadcasters told me was "the dumbest shortstop in the league...) Anderson seems to lose focus and concentration far to often.

He seems to have other things on his mind outside of baseball, his off the field antics were an embarrassment, he has lost all his power it seems, he can't stay healthy and has had numerous issues/suspension after interactions with umpires and fans.

Other that that Mrs. Lincoln how did you like the play?

If this is the "face of the franchise" no wonder the Sox are in a deep hole.

Just my opinion.

• Like 1