5/17 Games

BamaDoc

You got that right, Timmy. I remember when he was hanging around the Rocky club house when he was a little kid. Cutest kid ever. One look at his parents and you just knew he had a shot at whatever athletic choice he made. If the White Sox had drafted him, he would be an easy Number 1 Prospect.

2 hours ago, Timmy U said:

Holliday is now 7-7 with 10 RBI 1 HR 2 Triple 2 Doubles 2 Singles in the series.  Why didn't we get to draft guys like that when we were at the top of the draft?

To be fair, the top picks when the Sox did have a top 4 pick:

2014: Brady Aiken, Tyler Kolek, Carlos Rodon.

The other two teams psyched themselves out of picking Rodon and the Sox made the easy best pick. I know Schwarber went next - and the top 13 includes Nola, Conforto and Turner - but Aiken, Kolek and Rodon were the consistently mocked top trio, and Schwarber was a shocker.

2018: Casey Mize, Joey Bart, Alec Bohm, Nick Madrigal, Jonathan India, Jarred Kelenic

Yeah. India or Kelenic would have been a better grab.

2019: Adley Rutschman Jr., Bobby Witt Jr., Andrew Vaughn.

I think Vaughn's doing fine and should get the benefit of the doubt after being rushed to play OF. But man, do I wish the Sox could have lost 5 more games for Witt (there was no way they were making up 15 games for Adley).

• Like 1

Meanwhile: 

Lenyn and Oscar continue to crush it in AAA. I just wish it could translate to the bigs.

Sosa went 1-5, but it was an oppo HR and he's hitting .386.

Colas went 1-3 with a walk, no strike outs. Hitting .386.

Clint Frazier with his first Knight's homer.

Gladney is having fun.

• Like 1