Davis Martin undergoes TJS

maxjusttyped

I can think of him, Garret Crochet, and Dane Dunning off the top of my head of guys that it seemed obvious they were going to need Tommy John surgery but the White Sox pushed it back and tried to have them work through it and avoid surgery. Have the Sox had success with anyone actually avoiding TJ or do they just cost themselves several months worth of recovery time constantly?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

He joins great company with the other Sox pitchers on the staff to have TJS, along with Dylan Cease, Lucas Giolito, Michael Kopech, Jimmy lambert and Garrett Crochet.

I believe the entire starting rotation has had TJS at this point.

23 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

There are? News to us, Pedro. Maybe you should check those AAA box scores some more, because I can assure you, there aren't "others in the minors who are nearing readiness".

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Dylan Covey will likely be available again. 

Currently with LAD. 

Great winning % for getting another high draft pick. 

Rick Hahn will surely ask that Covey be included in the Tim Anderson trade.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Saufley said:

Rick Hahn will surely ask that Covey be included in the Tim Anderson trade.

We saw something with his two-seamer back then that really looked promising...other than his 4-18 or 4-22 or whatever record it was he recorded.

Former first rounder for Milwaukee, always had lots of obstacles in his path forward.  We think he can really mentor the younger pitchers with his vast treasure test of experiences along his long and winding baseball journey.

3 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

We saw something with his two-seamer back then that really looked promising...other than his 4-18 or 4-22 or whatever record it was he recorded.

Former first rounder for Milwaukee, always had lots of obstacles in his path forward.  We think he can really mentor the younger pitchers with his vast treasure test of experiences along his long and winding baseball journey.

Covey’s on the Dodgers now. The Dodgers. He’ll win 15 games with an ERA under 3 because… magic. I dunno. They just do things to pitchers.

• Like 1