5/17: White Sox Vs Guardians- 7:10P

kwill

Clevinger (4.79 ERA) vs Battenfield ( 4.45 ERA) 

The Man in The Black Hat is here to stay on the South Side

Who ya got going deep tonight- I'm thinking Moncada or Benintendi

Positive Vibes Only Forum- Everybody Else Hit the Back Button! #GoodGuysWhereBlack

LEGGO!

image.png

Edited by kwill
  • Like 2
  • Hawk 1

35 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

I'm normally not a lineup construction guy, but Burger batting 8th is ridiculous.

Having him behind Grandal sort of make sense because of a walk and a blast.

I think they came into the season trying to protect him vs. RHP, but think they can loosen that up at this stage, perhaps protect against the top 20-30 across The MLB, which tonight isn’t one of those games.

I like this line up better, with Tim stop as the lone sacrosanct slotting (platoon Career OPS vs. RHP displayed).

1. SS T. Anderson (.716) R
  2. LF A. Benintendi (.800) L
  3. CF L. Robert Jr. (.768) R
  4. 3B Y. Moncada (.779) S
  5. DH J. Burger (.770) R (.895 2023)
  6.  C Y. Grandal (.781) S
  7. 1B A. Vaughn (.702) R
  8. RF G. Sheets (.784) L
  9. 2B H. Alonso (.593) R

1 hour ago, maxjusttyped said:

I'm normally not a lineup construction guy, but Burger batting 8th is ridiculous.

Pedro seems partial to a RLRLRL lineup.

I don't think you can have TA and Benitendi getting the most PA when neither one has a HR.

Plus TA is obviously not 100% so maybe lessen his responsibilities and take some pressure off him and his knee.

The  problem I see now is who the heck do u lead off ? It should be a LH vs a RHP and the lineup should be LRL not RLR.

They didn't listen to me in the off season to get younger faster and more LH and instead opted to chase their hearts desire in Benitendi. Now this teams plods along with Vaughn, Sheets, Grandal

I agree that Burger should be higher when he still might be the most likely player on the team to hit a HR next to the scalding Robert. But do you start the games against a RHP with Moncada, Burger,  Robert then who ? Grandal ? Sheets ? Or do you maintain LRL and put Grandal or Sheets 3rd and Robert 4th ? But somewhere you're putting Tim and Benintendi 6th and 7th , Grandal 8th because of his own health issues and age.

Imagine the s%*# storm in here seeing Sheets hitting 3rd or 4th. But most of the time he does have decent ABs  .

1 hour ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Having him behind Grandal sort of make sense because of a walk and a blast.

I think they came into the season trying to protect him vs. RHP, but think they can loosen that up at this stage, perhaps protect against the top 20-30 across The MLB, which tonight isn’t one of those games.

I like this line up better, with Tim stop as the lone sacrosanct slotting (platoon Career OPS vs. RHP displayed).

1. SS T. Anderson (.716) R
  2. LF A. Benintendi (.800) L
  3. CF L. Robert Jr. (.768) R
  4. 3B Y. Moncada (.779) S
  5. DH J. Burger (.770) R (.895 2023)
  6.  C Y. Grandal (.781) S
  7. 1B A. Vaughn (.702) R
  8. RF G. Sheets (.784) L
  9. 2B H. Alonso (.593) R

With this lineup...how do they ever lose?

they aren't moving Burger up because they don't wanna send a message that everytime you struggle you get buried at the bottom, they aren't gonna move Burger up or Vaughn down until Vaughn goes on some Ventura binge or Burger turns into Robert

and I don't agree with that philosophy because they're too far back to be massaging egos but it is what it is

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, almagest said:

Heck of a play by Kwan. Double of Benintendi is out there 

Except Kwan has a lot more appreciation for the opportunity to be a big leaguer every day...

Five players in recent history to hit homers in five consecutive for the Sox:

AJ in 2012 the most recent

Konerko, El Caballo, Big Hurt, Bull Luzinski

• Fire 1

Just now, Harry Chappas said:

The inability to have any first inning success is maddening.  Anderson  and Benentendi need to bat 7th and 9th or something, I don't know.  It ain't working  

I understand giving TA the benefit of the doubt to turn things around, but continuing to bat Benentendi 2nd is ridiculous.