5/17: White Sox Vs Guardians- 7:10P

kwill

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

I understand giving TA the benefit of the doubt to turn things around, but continuing to bat Benentendi 2nd is ridiculous.

Benintendi got a hit in the 1st. Them not scoring wasn't his fault.

Sheets homer #6.

Zunino 0 for his last 26.

20 strikeouts!!!!

WD Smith has to be the best catcher in baseball right now...not many like him.

Realmuto looks to be the biggest name available on the FA market.  Doesn't exactly fit with a protracted rebuild...plus paying for past performance like we did with Grandal in his early 30's.

1 minute ago, maxjusttyped said:

I understand giving TA the benefit of the doubt to turn things around, but continuing to bat Benentendi 2nd is ridiculous.

I don't. You said yourself that giving Robert more ABs make sense so having 2 players at the top with no HR moved own allowing guys with more HR more AB also makes sense. Leadoff must be 100% healthy to be who he is. He is not peak TA any more. He needs to get healthy and less responsibilities in the lineup to help him get there.

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

Sheets homer #6.

Zunino 0 for his last 26.

20 strikeouts!!!!

WD Smith has to be the best catcher in baseball right now...not many like him.

Realmuto looks to be the biggest name available on the FA market.  Doesn't exactly fit with a protracted rebuild...plus paying for past performance like we did with Grandal in his early 30's.

Say no to realmuto

Burger 8 of 9 homers hit at home...one of the few players lighting it up at GRate.

Another hit.

Meanwhile, Vaughn's average in danger of sinking down into the 230's now.

Another ball well hit by Alberto.

At least he's proving more of an offensive threat than Leury.

Edited by caulfield12

Clevinger trying to emulate the Kopech hairstyle...with more of an Alabama/Deliverance feel to it, versus the "man bun."

You could easily see him as one of first victims doing something idiotic in one of The Purge movies, lol.

Edited by caulfield12

2 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I don't. You said yourself that giving Robert more ABs make sense so having 2 players at the top with no HR moved own allowing guys with more HR more AB also makes sense. Leadoff must be 100% healthy to be who he is. He is not peak TA any more. He needs to get healthy and less responsibilities in the lineup to help him get there.

If it were up to me, I would move TA down, But I think banking on his track record considering how underwhelming most of the lineup is around him is a defensible decision. Batting Benetendi 2nd while arguably the 2nd best hitter on the team continues to bat 8th, however, is not.

3 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Hard to root for Clevinger. He's not fun to watch pitch even forgetting all the off field stuff.

I follow four of every five Sox games. I might turn the radio on if Clevinger is out of the game.

Always want the bullpen to get the win, or him the loss, during these starts.