5/17: White Sox Vs Guardians- 7:10P

kwill

5 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Yaz grinding his way to a .360 OBP this year has been very impressive. He's adjusted well to not having much power in his legs anymore.

The Cleveland broadcasters yesterday spend a bit opining about how bad of a signing our .800 OPS catcher is.

Meanwhile, their FA catcher has 46 strikeouts in 85 ABs while also being the worst blocker in the league. Cleveland hasn't gotten a hit from a catcher since April 29.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Autumn Dreamin said:

The Cleveland broadcasters yesterday spend a bit opining about how bad of a signing our .800 OPS catcher is.

Meanwhile, their FA catcher has 46 strikeouts in 85 ABs while also being the worst blocker in the league. Cleveland hasn't gotten a hit from a catcher since April 29.

I'll continue to be glad we did it. Yaz was the top FA catcher on the market, and we paid for him. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Autumn Dreamin said:

For whatever reason, Grandal brings irrational takes like that out of people who should otherwise know better.

oh wow leaving him in is blowing up all over grifols face, he's been getting through these innings with cunning and guile, not overpowering stuff, letting Cleveland see him a 3rd time through is borderline malfeasance 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dan Pasqua said:

Has anyone ever gave themselves the hook and just walked off the mound?

Good question.  I remember we had a pitcher 30 or so years ago who was done, and he just would not throw the ball.  He just stood there until Mgr. came out.  Can't remember the name.  Jesse somebody.  "You can't hit it if I don't pitch it."

• Haha 1