Past time to get Anderson out of the top of the order

CentralChamps21

1 minute ago, Bob Sacamano said:

For wanting a better leadoff hitter?

Easiest excuse in the world is to blame the fan base, the organization has been doing it for years...Kenny, Hahn, Ozzie, Cooper et al. It just comes naturally to some I guess easier than admitting the franchise is incompetent, dysfunctional and inept usually on and off the field.  

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

Sox fans are the absolute worst. No wonder nobody wants to play for this franchise.

The fact some players if any, may not want to play for the White Sox...has nothing to do with the fans. 

The reason Tim Anderson apparently hates this team and Jose Abreu suggested a bad culture here, is only because of the Horrible Owner, dysfunctional Front Office and terrible manager and coaching staff. 

The Sox fans are probably one the most loyal fanbases in baseball. It's a credit to the these loyal fans that still even go to the ballpark, knowing how bad this team has been and how expensive it is to watch a bad team lose all the time.

• Like 4

On 5/24/2023 at 10:05 AM, flavum said:

14 mil or a 1 mil buyout next year. I mean…

That's a tough one. If he is going to continue struggling not only offensively, but making all type of defensive errors and base stealing mistakes, then yes I would give him the 1 million buyout and let someone else try to change him. 

However if you think he can have a rebound year and he can drastically change his attitude and lack of leadership, then it might be worth it, Although it would be a huge risk to pay the 14 million. Even if you give him the 14 million, you are doing that only based on the fact you are going to trade him at the 2024 trade deadline regardless of how much or little you get back in a trade.

It's really sad how we have gone from Tim being one of the most exciting players on the team and in baseball to watch and cheer for...to the current state where he is terrible, in addition to having a really overinflated ego and misunderstanding of his production value. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Kids Can Play said:

The fact some players if any, may not want to play for the White Sox...has nothing to do with the fans. 

The reason Tim Anderson apparently hates this team and Jose Abreu suggested a bad culture here, is only because of the Horrible Owner, dysfunctional Front Office and terrible manager and coaching staff. 

The Sox fans are probably one the most loyal fanbases in baseball. It's a credit to the these loyal fans that still even go to the ballpark, knowing how bad this team has been and how expensive it is to watch a bad team lose all the time.

This post is Tim Anderson levels of delusion. The fan base is one of the most toxic imaginable, with a reputation for racism. This is the same fan base that boo'd Frank Thomas ffs. That Tim Anderson is the new whipping boy is no coincidence. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 1
  • TLR 1

21 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

This post is Tim Anderson levels of delusion. The fan base is one of the most toxic imaginable, with a reputation for racism. This is the same fan base that boo'd Frank Thomas ffs. That Tim Anderson is the new whipping boy is no coincidence. 

Wow, talk about someone with levels of delusion!

I guess you have never been to a Yankees or Phillies game. 

Btw, when you find that perfect fan base that never boos players when they play bad or deserve it, please let me know. 

Or maybe fans are booing Tim...because of his arrogant and delusional attitude and not backing it up! I don't see the fans booing Burger or Vaughn when they do bad. Oh that's right, those two and other more humble players on the Sox ARE NOT walking around with this over-inflated ego putting up lame numbers. 

Its great to talk the talk, but a player better be able to walk the talk too. I guess Tim didn't learn that valuable lesson when you're playing professional sports. 

• Like 3
  • Fire 1

39 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

Btw, when you find that perfect fan base that never boos players when they play bad or deserve it, please let me know. 

Or maybe fans are booing Tim...because of his arrogant and delusional attitude and not backing it up! I don't see the fans booing Burger or Vaughn when they do bad. Oh that's right, those two and other more humble players on the Sox ARE NOT walking around with this over-inflated ego putting up lame numbers. 

Its great to talk the talk, but a player better be able to walk the talk too. I guess Tim didn't learn that valuable lesson when you're playing professional sports. 

At least we aren't Philly fans isn't the win that you think it is. Go ahead and continue to throw Tim Anderson under the bus. At least it's consistent. I just feel bad for the next black American kid we develop. A lot of the fan base has a tradition to uphold.

• Fire 1
  • TLR 1

2 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

TA was the toast of the town 48 months ago. Dude's performance just sucks now and you will not get away with Anderson's comments and general persona when you're sucking. The fans turned on Beckham as well. He got a lot louder boos than Anderson has to this point.

Notice how different the tone is? They're hating on Tim because he's "outspoken and arrogant." They hated on Beckham because be was really, really bad for 90% of his career. The racist undertones are undeniable and obvious. Anderson has been really, really good for 90% of White Sox career. The 2 players couldn't be any different.

Edited by TaylorStSox
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
  • TLR 1

Just now, TaylorStSox said:

Notice how different the tone is? They're hating on Tim because he's "outspoken and arrogant." They hated on Beckham because be was really, really bad for 90% of his career. The racist undertones are undeniable and obvious.

Eh, I'm inclined to believe there are cases where you are correct about racism impacting fans' impressions of a player. I do not think TA is a example of it. We'll have to agree to disagree.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, The Kids Can Play said:

Boston StL Atlanta Texas Houston Cincy... all come to mind as well. 

Cubs' fans with Fukudome. 

Edited by caulfield12

12 hours ago, TaylorStSox said:

Notice how different the tone is? They're hating on Tim because he's "outspoken and arrogant." They hated on Beckham because be was really, really bad for 90% of his career. The racist undertones are undeniable and obvious. Anderson has been really, really good for 90% of White Sox career. The 2 players couldn't be any different.

That’s simply not accurate. Tim has 3400 PAs. He was below average for the first 1650 of his career (.260/.700), absolutely exceptional for the next 1300, and for the last 500 he has declined back to basically a .260/.700 hitter - if we are being generous about this year not being a trend further down.

I really like TA and I would gladly take some of the distractions to have the fire back in him. At this point, I don’t know what will help, but he needs something different. 

3 hours ago, Greg Hibbard said:

That’s simply not accurate. Tim has 3400 PAs. He was below average for the first 1650 of his career (.260/.700), absolutely exceptional for the next 1300, and for the last 500 he has declined back to basically a .260/.700 hitter - if we are being generous about this year not being a trend further down.

I really like TA and I would gladly take some of the distractions to have the fire back in him. At this point, I don’t know what will help, but he needs something different. 

Anderson put up 3.7 WAR in 2018 while hitting .240. Gtfo with with your batting average. Tim has been well above replacement in every year of his career except 2017 where he still hit decently but got hammered by dWAR. Tim Anderson and Gordon Beckham are nothing alike as baseball players.

Edited by TaylorStSox
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TaylorStSox said:

Anderson put up 3.7 WAR in 2018 while hitting .240. Gtfo with with your batting average. Tim has been well above replacement in every year of his career except 2017 where he still hit decently but got hammered by dWAR. Tim Anderson and Gordon Beckham are nothing alike as baseball players.

I’m not comparing Beckham to Anderson at all in that post

I concede your point, but Tim’s 2018 WAR seems unnaturally inflated by his weird dWAR number that year, which I’m not quite sure I understand entirely, looking at his fielding stats. Look at his oWAR from 2016-2018. 

Tim Anderson is starting to hit for average this year. He has made some exceptional defensive plays and looks like he is feeling better out there every game. Judging from lingering racism in this country, Tim unfortunately has to be one of the small percentage of African American mlb players that has the burden of  carrying the mantle of Jackie Robinson. Some like Josh Donaldson disagree.  I was proud that reliever Joe Kelly called Donaldson out for what he is.  Who is there to call fans out when they bring their bigotry to the game ?

• Fire 1

57 minutes ago, tray said:

Tim Anderson is starting to hit for average this year. He has made some exceptional defensive plays and looks like he is feeling better out there every game. Judging from lingering racism in this country, Tim unfortunately has to be one of the small percentage of African American mlb players that has the burden of  carrying the mantle of Jackie Robinson. Some like Josh Donaldson disagree.  I was proud that reliever Joe Kelly called Donaldson out for what he is.  Who is there to call fans out when they bring their bigotry to the game ?

Couldn’t it just be that TA is simply a jackass, though?

• Like 2