5/22 White Sox @ Guardians. First pitch at 5:10. Lambert vs. Gaddis

With the Sox losing Clevinger to the IL they bring up Scholtens to take his spot in the rotation.....but something happened on the call

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b9528a74766e8a4ceeeef

Now Scholtens is coming out of the pen as the bulk guy tonight while Lambert gets the start. 

The Sox will have to make everyone beat them but Ramirez and Naylor. If they can do that they should be able to keep this streak alive.  

Go Sox!!

Lineup:

Pitching Matchup:

Screenshot-20230522-161224-Twitter.jpg

Edited by Polar Bear
  • Like 1
  • Fire 1

• Quin pinned this topic
37 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

Hey, TA is leading off again. Glad we learned from past failures.

Perhaps Grifol does not have the authority to remove Tim Anderson from the lead off spot.

I stopped assuming managers have the authority they did pre Moneyball era. Well, except for Tony who seemed to have no restrictions, but at times also no sense or logic.

15 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Well once we win this win we only need 9 more in a row for .500.

Next 13 games against Det (7) Cle (3) and Laa (3). I could see 8-5 or 9-4 with the way they have been playing recently (esp. the SP and bullpen). 9-4 puts them 5 under .500 on June 4th with 4 months of play left.

OK i'll sign off and go back to drinking my Kool-Aid

• Haha 2
  • Fire 1

Winning five of the last six is fine. But,the White Sox played so poorly for so long this year that I can't take them seriously. If they can go on an extended streak of winning fifteen out of twenty, then maybe. I just don't think the White Sox have the depth of quality pitching to play real well for an extended period.

11 minutes ago, DoUEvenShift said:

Next 13 games against Det (7) Cle (3) and Laa (3). I could see 8-5 or 9-4 with the way they have been playing recently (esp. the SP and bullpen). 9-4 puts them 5 under .500 on June 4th with 4 months of play left.

OK i'll sign off and go back to drinking my Kool-Aid

Spoiler

5_5fb774db-d03a-4907-bb5d-38989eca371c.p

Lambert not pitching for the past 10 days makes it feel like he should be getting stretched out in Charlotte. No one else there is doing good anyway. 

And thanks to Middleton and Santos pitching good, it’s getting a little crowded.

Edited by Bob Sacamano

3 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Moncada looks like a fucking idiot with that look. I feel like that look should only be allowed once you have accumulated 20 career WAR.

OK dad you can dress me tomorrow. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, pcq said:

OK dad you can dress me tomorrow. 

I mean, 99.9% of the time I DGAF, but he looks like he's going clubbing. Either button the buttons or remove the chains. Can't do both until you've got the 20 WAR.

Edited by chitownsportsfan