Why did the downfall happen and could it have been avoided?

Dominikk85

13 hours ago, Colome's Hat said:

Two things can be true: Rick  Hahn fucking sucks at putting together a roster and this team is easily good enough to win a crappy division.  I think we are starting to see things turn around.  They will get a boost with Hendriks being back.  86 wins likely wins the division this year.  They are good enough to do that.

From today on out, they would need to go 65-46, or 19 games over .500, to reach 86 wins. This is just not going to happen. This team hasn't played that kind of baseball in years.

This is what happens when you start 7-21.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Solid research.

It's easy to find takes on this site, like my dumbass take saying that James Shields fixing Giolito and help turning him into the ace he was projected to be would make the trade worth it in the end cause Tatis would flame out as a lottery ticket.

I was huffing so much copium when I made that post I might as well have opened a drug den inside the G-Rate.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Quin said:

The Astros are the most dominant team of the past decade.

Phillies have been to a World Series.

Orioles are on the upswing like where the 2020 and first-half-of-2021 White Sox were (when we were happy).

The Rangers went out and made moves to sign star players. Also, the Peagle rocks (as do the Southside jerseys).

Like, c'mon man. People have legitimate reasons to be mad about this team.

Dude is not grounded in reality. He compared Moncada and Eloy to Ohthani and Trout in previous posts.  That is a laughable comparison. Like comparing lake front property in Waukegan to that in Winnetka. 

It's also not grounded in reality to say that the Sox are anywhere close as an organization to the Astros. And let's just gloss over the fact that the Phillies made the World Series last year and are dealing with injuries of their own with studs like Harper. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Quin said:

It's easy to find takes on this site, like my dumbass take saying that James Shields fixing Giolito and help turning him into the ace he was projected to be would make the trade worth it in the end cause Tatis would flame out as a lottery ticket.

I was huffing so much copium when I made that post I might as well have opened a drug den inside the G-Rate.

Can I have some Copium? :lolhitting 

4 hours ago, Tony said:

When did being a "fan" turn into having blind loyalty and ignoring reality? You sound like a petulant child, @michelangelosmonkey

The White Sox have objectively been one of the worst baseball teams in MLB the last decade (and you could go back a lot longer than that.)

And you think the Sox fans are "too negative?" 

Get fucked. 

See it's this kind of brilliant analysis that I come here for...the Houston Astros the 10 years after they lost the WS to the White Sox lost an average of 95 games.  HORRIBLE organization....everyone there is an idiot. There is no hope for the future.  I am stupid.   I think it is fitting that the last words I hear on Sox Talk as I cancel my account is  "Get Fucked" by the Global Moderator.   

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1
  • TLR 1

5 hours ago, michelangelosmonkey said:

See it's this kind of brilliant analysis that I come here for...the Houston Astros the 10 years after they lost the WS to the White Sox lost an average of 95 games.  HORRIBLE organization....everyone there is an idiot. There is no hope for the future.  I am stupid.   I think it is fitting that the last words I hear on Sox Talk as I cancel my account is  "Get Fucked" by the Global Moderator.   

1. The big difference between the Astros and the White Sox? The FO that lead the Astros to those results are long gone. Yet the Sox FO has stayed the same 

2. You’ll be back. They ALWAYS come back…

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tony said:

1. The big difference between the Astros and the White Sox? The FO that lead the Astros to those results are long gone. Yet the Sox FO has stayed the same 

2. You’ll be back. They ALWAYS come back…

Even Jimmy Cordero survived the Sox abusing the hell out of his arm/elbow/shoulder.

3.63 ERA, scoreless high leverage inning vs. Balt tonight.