5/24 Sox @ Guardians 12:10PM

• DoUEvenShift changed the title to 5/24 Sox @ Guardians 12:10PM
  • bmags pinned this topic

I don't mind the lineup.

At some point guys like TA and AV have to start producing and hitting.  They both have been pretty Misérable lately, maybe they will both get hot at the same time.

I know we won't get this line/up for more then 3 days because someone will be hurt but imagine this.....

TA  (SS)

Bennintendi (LF)

Robert (CF)

Yoan  (3B)

Eloy  (DH)

AV (1B)

Grandal (C)

Burger (2nd- if this is not a disaster)

Sheets/Fraizer (RF)

Just now, Harry Chappas said:

I do not know what to make of this.

Why not DH Grandal?  Berger just went 0-5 with 5 K's and Quantrill is not going to throw him a strike. 

I don't think you want to push Grandal and lose him for an extended period of time.

28 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

I do not know what to make of this.

Why not DH Grandal?  Burger just went 0-5 with 5 K's and Quantrill is not going to throw him a strike. 

I'd like to put Burger and Zunino in the same room and let them talk about hitting.

29 minutes ago, flavum said:

Big game for the Sox. A win today and peeling off another few in Detroit would get them to 24-30 at the 1/3 mark. It’s bad, but not a season killer. Helluva division.

The surest way to contend is to beat up on AL Central teams, because it will be tough going against the rest of the league. It is amazing how bad the division is. It is also bad that the Sox are not in first.

• Like 1

I'm glad nobody stole the thread on you today @DoUEvenShift!

51 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

I think the worst part about this is that Frazier is in CF.

No, the scary part is having both Frazier and Sheets out there. When they sit Robert, they should have Haseley playing one of the two spots, at least until Billy Hamilton returns.

Hope Kopech doesn't press to get only strikeouts today to keep the ball out of play. The Sox need to keep out of 4 and 5 out innings, and there is a heightened risk today until at least one of them are pulled.

• Like 1

Frazier in cf

Sheets in rf

zavala at c

Gonzales at 2b

Not exactly a gold glove or a murderers row lineup

Robert hip is very worrisome. Wasn't it the hip that caused him to miss almost an entire season ?

Edited by soxrwhite

1 minute ago, FourEyesShottenhoffer said:

I’d play Haseley, Romy and Beni in CF before Frazier. I’d put Moncada at second, Burger at third and Romy in center before I played Frazier in center

I wish you were the manager

35 minutes ago, soxrwhite said:

Frazier in cf

Sheets in rf

zavala at c

Gonzales at 2b

Not exactly a gold glove or a murderers row lineup

Robert hip is very worrisome. Wasn't it the hip that caused him to miss almost an entire season ?

Bordering on Sunday lineup.

1 hour ago, Quin said:

Man, Haseley is right there.

I thought for sure Haseley would get the start in CF today. Watching Frazier play that ball at the wall for a triple yesterday makes me think he is going to make Rob Mackowiak look like Willie Mays.

"That is a ball in gap, Benintendi can't get there and....down goes Frazier, down goes Frazier."

Edited by wegner
  • Thanks 1

How is it possible to never learn, game after game, that it might be better to at least try to take some pitches and work the count? And even when one of them does they refuse to take a walk, like that Sheets at bat there. Seen them swing at garbage on 3-ball counts so many times. Why!! Stop it! Not swinging is so easy even I can do it!

Kopech dealing though, love to see that