5/25 Sox @ Tigers 5:40PM

Giolito vs. Faedo

Our first meeting of the year against Detroit and we face them 7 out of the next 10 games. If the Sox want to prove they are really turning things around here's their chance. Time to put up or shut up. While we play DET and LAA the Twins will be playing TOR and HOU. Grab 5/7 or more from the Tigers and maybe our game threads will have more than 5 pages and 10 people posting.

Starting pitching and bullpen have been lights out lately. Offense now needs to step it up with more consistency and take better AB's. TA apparently figured out what he was doing wrong with stance and front leg. If Burger just closes his eyes and pretends he's at Guaranteed Rate, maybe he'll get a couple hits this series.

Let's string together some wins and prove the Sox can take the helm of the mighty AL Central. 

Edited by DoUEvenShift
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, DoUEvenShift said:

If Burger just closes his eyes and pretends he's at Guaranteed Rate, maybe he'll get a couple hits this series.

He certainly looked like he was swinging with his eyes closed yesterday.

• Haha 3

We are not sweeping Detroit.  They are playing good baseball.

We need to be realistic as this is a jog not a sprint to the end of the season.  You keeping jogging at a good pace and you will be fine.

4 of 4 from Detroit would be unexpected and awesome 

3 of 4 from Detroit this weekend would be great

2 of 4 from Detroit makes that sinking feeling come back again

1 of 4 from Detroit and you can pretty much play the funeral march

We won't talk about anything else.  So I will gladly be satisfied with 3 of 4

• Like 1

• bmags pinned this topic
3 minutes ago, FourEyesShottenhoffer said:

Seven of next ten versus Detroit. If the Tigers have the Sox number, they could pretty much put this season to bed once and for all

Detroit is not good. If our SP can pitch the way they are capable of we can take 3 of 4. The offense is too inconsistent to predict anything better than 6-4 but the team is playing well enough lately to where I can squint and see 7-3.

• Hawk 1

I’m glad the Sox appear to have a better manager to lineup against Hinch this season.

The Tigers were really motivated and ready to take on the Sox regardless of their lack of talent, and took away a lot of close games. Sox have been beating teams thry should, so hope they keep the line moving.

• Chicago (.583) 9 Detroit (.397) 1
  • 1-2 Run Games: White Sox 3-0

• Chicago (.574) 12 Detroit (.463) 7
  • 1-2 Run Games: White Sox 5-4

2022: 

• Chicago (.500) 12 Detroit (.389) 7
  • 1-2 Run Games: White Sox 5-4

The first two games are the key as to whether we will take 3 of 4 or sweep Detroit. 

In tonight's game, Giolito has been the most consistent pitcher of all Sox starters. In his last 8 starts he has 2.70 ERA. He is only 3-3 because the offense has not been supporting him.

In game two, Lynn who obviously has struggled all season, has been strong the last two starts with a 2.08 ERA. 

The 3rd game is obviously a ? and if somehow we could win that game, then I would think Cease in game 4 would have a solid chance to win and sweep. 

The realistic outcome is 3 of 4.  It better not be anything less.

If they only take 2 of 4 or 1 of 4, then you can pretty much close the book on the 2023  season and the Sox chances of winning the division. This team will have proven they don't have the mental toughness or skill set to compete as a playoff contender. 

Edited by The Kids Can Play
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Greg Hibbard said:

We absolutely need to win 2 of 4. Yes, 3 or 4 would be nice, but let's keep this all in perspective.  

Right. A split against a home team playing well is acceptable. The Sox are not going to be in first place in 2 weeks. I'm not even sure it would be a good thing. I'd prefer a consistent steady climb over hot and cold streaks. Although I'll admit a 10 game winning steak would be fine just fine.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

Gio prefers throwing to Seby and, sadly, right now Frazier > Vaughn, but the manager doesn't see it that way.

Omg, Frazier has 13 plate appearances and has been given up on by 3 or 4 major league teams and Soxtalk is already ready for him to supplant Vaughn.

• Fire 1

5 hours ago, 2Deep said:

We are not sweeping Detroit.  They are playing good baseball.

We need to be realistic as this is a jog not a sprint to the end of the season.  You keeping jogging at a good pace and you will be fine.

4 of 4 from Detroit would be unexpected and awesome 

3 of 4 from Detroit this weekend would be great

2 of 4 from Detroit makes that sinking feeling come back again

1 of 4 from Detroit and you can pretty much play the funeral march

We won't talk about anything else.  So I will gladly be satisfied with 3 of 4

And 0 of 4 at Detroit would be the dagger and the nails in the coffin.

13 minutes ago, KipWellsFan said:

Omg, Frazier has 13 plate appearances and has been given up on by 3 or 4 major league teams and Soxtalk is already ready for him to supplant Vaughn.

Frazier is an All Star. Vaughn is a flashing pan. 

• Capn12 unpinned this topic