5/25 Sox @ Tigers 5:40PM

Well ... that one stunk. One of the 60 you will lose no matter what? i prefer to shut up and wait for the next game while acknowledging that was a horsebleep performance. Four hits? Cmon. ... You know I'm starting to think Moncada is a huge key to this team. Cmon Moncada! Emerge!!!

45 minutes ago, TheBooneLoganEra said:

Why did Grifol burn through both our lefties in game 1 of a 4 game set? Not that Bummer sitting out a game is a loss but that was a head scratcher to me. 

I don’t think either Crochet or Bummer is counted on in high leverage. With the game on the line and lefties coming up, I have way more faith in Middleton and Kelly than either of those guys.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hankchifan said:

Just read that Madrigal was just optioned to Iowa AAA by the Cubs. Another Sox first rounder.

Damn, another guy who can't make it in the bigs. it's so difficult to stick unless u got 5 tools.

4 hours ago, greg775 said:

Damn, another guy who can't make it in the bigs. it's so difficult to stick unless u got 5 tools.

2-3 would be more than enough. 

5 tools you're talking maybe 25-30 players across the entire sport... Luis Robert obviously for the Sox. 

I get Giolito didn't have his best game, but my god, we let a loser pitcher have his best start ever and career high strikeouts.

We had 4 hits, 0 walks, 13 K's. We are never going to get to 500 or win a division with pathetic numbers like that.

Btw, Crochet has been struggling lately and maybe he should have been kept down at AAA, not only to work on stretching him out, but work with him to develop another pitch or two. Crochet has talent and potential and the Sox are clueless and ruining him.

Bummer flat out sucks! When he is on the mound, he looks like a "Deer in Headlights!"

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

I get Giolito didn't have his best game, but my god, we let a loser pitcher have his best start ever and career high strikeouts.

We had 4 hits, 0 walks, 13 K's. We are never going to get to 500 or win a division with pathetic numbers like that.

Btw, Crochet has been struggling lately and maybe he should have been kept down at AAA, not only to work on stretching him out, but work with him to develop another pitch or two. Crochet has talent and potential and the Sox are clueless and ruining him.

Bummer flat out sucks! When he is on the mound, he looks like a "Deer in Headlights!"

I actually think that Crochet has enough pitches -- his change is better than I remembered -- but it's going to be a lot of innings for him to get anything like command back. He should either be back in AAA getting some work, or be put into lower leverage situations for a while. Frankly, if you're looking to win today's game, Banks might be a better choice for lefty reliever than Crochet or Bummer right now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Kids Can Play said:

They face another stiff with a sky high ERA tonight too, maybe they can actually score three runs! 😄

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

They face another stiff with a sky high ERA tonight too, maybe they can actually score three runs! 😄

Hopefully the Sox can get more than 4 hits, 0 BB and not strike out 13 times making another stiff look like a Cy Young pitcher!

• Capn12 unpinned this topic