Sox truly mired in mediocrity

caulfield12

43 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

This is one of the very FEW record breakdowns that even has historically abysmal KC over the Sox due largely to the 2013-2016 time period. 

Now that Jeter is gone, I expect Kim Ng's Marlins to pass Hahn within four seasons, despite playing in a legitimate MLB division. Baltimore and Detroit should pass the White Sox within two seasons, leaving Cincinnati the buffer between 29th and 30th.

3 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Now that Jeter is gone, I expect Kim Ng's Marlins to pass Hahn within four seasons, despite playing in a legitimate MLB division. Baltimore and Detroit should pass the White Sox within two seasons, leaving Cincinnati the buffer between 29th and 30th.

This is all based though on current Sox ownership remaining in place. I wouldn't take that bet myself.

5 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Cincinnati has Greene and a really nice looking young lineup after the insertion of McClain at SS. 

• Thanks 1

AL East    W/L  +52        RS/RA  +212

AL Central      -39                     -170

AL West      +29/-35 (OAK)      +120/-199 (OAK)

NL East           +3                        -51

NL Central     -17                       -18

NL West          +7                        +6

• Like 1

2 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

AL East    W/L  +52        RS/RA  +212

AL Central      -39                     -170

AL West      +29/-35 (OAK)      +120/-199 (OAK)

NL East           +3                        -51

NL Central     -17                       -18

NL West          +7                        +6

Eliminating the last place team in each division for consistency:

1. AL East + 50 Over .500 & +92 Run Differential
  2. AL West +29 & +230
  3. NL West +13 & +55
  4. NL East + 10 & -30
  5. NL Central -9 & -22
  6. AL Central -17 & -94
  • Like 1

I suspect Rick will speak to the media today, focus mostly on Liam’s return, which is fine, then take some questions regarding the struggles. He will say it has obviously hasn’t gone as thought or hoped, but there has been some improvement lately, and with Liam and Crochet and Eloy back, and Clevinger in line to make his next start, he still believes in this team, blah, blah, blah. No one will challenge him.

THe one thing I don’t get is those that point to the Sox schedule being difficult in April and some of May. So what? If you expect them to be a playoff team shouldn’t playing them be difficult? If you expect them to do damage in the playoffs, shouldn’t they be able to beat good teams?

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I suspect Rick will speak to the media today, focus mostly on Liam’s return, which is fine, then take some questions regarding the struggles. He will say it has obviously hasn’t gone as thought or hoped, but there has been some improvement lately, and with Liam and Crochet and Eloy back, and Clevinger in line to make his next start, he still believes in this team, blah, blah, blah. No one will challenge him.

Hell yeah Rick, you jumped the trade market by getting all these injured guys back, you sneaky little genius.

40 minutes ago, soxrwhite said:

Hahn was right when he said they were "mired in mediocrity". Unfortunately if he said that again he would be right again.

I see the White Sox as a bunch of individuals not a team.

I was basically told the same thing from multiple sources this past off season. 

On 5/29/2023 at 9:26 AM, The Beast said:

What does? Let’s hear from the f*** this team, I just want to b**** and b**** crowd some more.

You keep making comments like this, but exactly what kind of discourse are you looking for right now?

• Like 2

On 5/29/2023 at 10:49 AM, Dick Allen said:

THe one thing I don’t get is those that point to the Sox schedule being difficult in April and some of May. So what? If you expect them to be a playoff team shouldn’t playing them be difficult? If you expect them to do damage in the playoffs, shouldn’t they be able to beat good teams?

Good post as usual, Dick. I'd like to point out the Sox are equal opportunity losers. They've lost to good teams, sure (Rays, Stros) but also gotten boatraced by the Royals (in KC) and Tigers and some other rotten teams. Sox appear to have another horrific road team and a .500ish squad for home games.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Sox have acquired JRs favorite, Cash Considerations for Jake Marisnik. 

I'm surprised there is not an Adam /Drake LaRoche statue on the concourse after Adam voluntarily gave Jerry $12M to leave the toxicity.

If Adam paid Jerry another $1M + to make it happen plus the cost of designing, creating, delivering and installing the statue, Jerry would certainly sign off on it.

7 hours ago, Snopek said:

You keep making comments like this, but exactly what kind of discourse are you looking for right now?

That was a sarcastic response to the usual doom and gloom I read about Hahn, JR, the front office or the players. I understand the frustration but the same re-packaged analysis about the same people and things is old news after a while. It’s wasted energy until we see what they do at the deadline since these Hahn getting fired in season fantasies aren’t happening.

5 minutes ago, The Beast said:

That was a sarcastic response to the usual doom and gloom I read about Hahn, JR, the front office or the players. I understand the frustration but the same re-packaged analysis about the same people and things is old news after a while. It’s wasted energy until we see what they do at the deadline since these Hahn getting fired in season fantasies aren’t happening.

That basically only leaves the MLB Draft for discussion...and even that's depressing because, well just look at their draft history for the past five years or so.

And that was when they had multiple top 5 picks.

A's fans have a new stadium/venue to look forwards to...Royals have a better/younger core as this is now the backside of the current Sox "window" and the Reds have a much younger or more exciting/dynamic team along with Hunter Greene.

I guess we could be compared to the Rockies in terms of complete hopelessness.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Thanks 1