Sox @ Tigers 12:40

2 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

please release grandal

If Hahn brings Grandal back next season, I will not listen to a pitch until Hahn is gone.

The Dodgers sat him in the playoffs because he is a DH/1B, not a ML catcher beyond pitch framing. The Dodgers and Brewers said hard pass once their contracts were done. I don't recall a worse starting catcher in the decades I've followed the White Sox, let alone the "World's Richest White Sox". well until Benintendi was signed, another huge unforced error.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

If Hahn brings Grandal back next season, I will not listen to a pitch until Hahn is gone.

The Dodgers sat him in the playoffs because he is a DH/1B, not a ML catcher beyond pitch framing. The Dodgers and Brewers said hard pass once their contracts were done. I don't recall a worse starting catcher in the decades I've followed the White Sox, let alone the "World's Richest White Sox". well until Benintendi was signed, another huge unforced error.

They have to choose either Zavala or Perez and then go out and sign an Austin Hedges type just to hold the pitching staff together next year. 

I watch very few games anymore. Decided to watch today. This team is absolute garbage. We aren't even in to June yet and they are totally dead in the water. If it wasn't for KC this is a last place team. And hey, they still might be. 

As we all know the whole thing has to be burned down. And that can't happen until JR and RH are gone. 

• Like 1
  • Fire 2

Just now, caulfield12 said:

They have to choose either Zavala or Perez and then go out and sign an Austin Hedges type just to hold the pitching staff together next year. 

This, it worked in 2019 and 2020 with McCann, McGwire and Collins would have been fine since. Zavala can't hit, but he can manage a game and staff.

Yasmani Grandal Career Postseason: 40 Games, 128 PA, .605 OPS

Most recent five playoff years:

• 2021 White Sox: 4 Starts at Catcher (1-3), 31 Runs allowed
  • 2020 White Sox: 2 Starts at Catcher (0-2), 11 Runs Allowed [Sox won the one game he did not catch]
  • 2019 Brewers: 1 Start at Catcher (0-1), 4 Runs Allowed 
  • 2018 Dodgers: Benched all but one game in the World Series, benched four of six games in the NLCS.  .541 OPS
  • 2017 Dodgers: Benched all but two games out of fifteen playoff games. .273 OPS.
  • Like 1

The pitching is not going to overcome the inability of the offense to score.  They will score 6 or 7 runs in a game maybe once a week.  If one pitcher is off on a given day like Kelly yesterday they lose.  

Take the 10 game streak out and they are still below. 500. They lost the division in April. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, T R U said:

We are so fucked. This team is bad, the farm system is bad, and the asserts we do have to trade are losing value rapidly. 

Edited by joejoesox