Sox @ Tigers 12:40

1 minute ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Haha, cheaters is such a wonderfully awful show.....something like White Sox baseball.

Edited by wegner
such but suck works too
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

Sox lose 3 out of 4 to Detroit hahaha

i love watching this team implode. 

I’m not enjoying it. If Hendriks was on the team to start the year they would have won a few more games. Obviously he wasn’t. I didn’t see the whole game today but at a certain point I blame the players for not executing. I didn’t like TLR for his character and wanted Hinch instead. People can criticize Grifol but he’s not the one playing the games.

Hope that all of you who watch and are okay with losing will be fine with a retool since a rebuild probably wouldn’t happen.

• Fire 1

17 minutes ago, baseballgalaly said:

At this point you have to question whether or not the talent was ever there, and if it was its an indictment on the Sox player development. 

Moncada is 28

Kopech is 27

Cease is 27 

Burger is 27

Jimenez, Robert and Vaughn are 25. 

I’ve been saying this for a while.

I think it was all team propaganda and the fans ate it up.

Teams like Boston and GMs like Epstein don’t get taken to the cleaners by the likes of Hahn.

Moncada looked lost from the time he arrived.  His one good year was an aberration.

Kopech was always just a thrower.

Jimenez was never going to be more than a DH.

The book is still out on Cease and Vaughn.

Burger is decent.

Robert is a stupid player and a stupid person who can’t even remember his coach’s name.  And he’s hurt all the time.

• Like 2
  • Fire 1

Ok quick question but before I post it I admit that it was mostly bad defense and poor pitch calling that led to the run in the 9th.

Ok my question......Why in the hell does Pedro think that a veteran pitcher like Joe Kelly needs to get out there the next game to help his confidence? If a veteran reliever cannot shake off what happened yesterday, he is in the wrong profession.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, wegner said:

That Vaughn at bat in the 10th was really one of the worst at bats I've seen in awhile. I have been defending him, but that was just beyond awful. And then you would think a veteran like Grandal would have learned from the Vaughn at bat but he went up there and did the exact same thing.

There wasn't a strike thrown in the zone that  until the pitch that Burger hit on the line out to LF for the 3rd out . Everyone wants to be the hero and move the runner along. It's like to hell with everything we know about this pitcher. Even after the Vaughn AB  is there a coach who watches the game stream that can start screaming "He hasn't thrown a pitch in the zone yet. Make him throw you a strike before you start swinging the bat ! "

I just want to be fair to Grandal who was in the on deck circle and may not know that every pitch wasn't in the zone unless informed of it and told specifically don't swing the bat until  you get a called strike 1. That's why teams have coaches . I just wonder if other teams have someone watching the game on TV close enough to the dugout to relay stuff like that to another coach. No one should be afraid to pass along useful information. I don't think it's illegal to watch the game on TV and make observations and relay those observations, as long as you arent stealing signs.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Ryanado said:

How can the discipline at the plate be this bad? It’s been the same for 2-3 years now. Embarrassing 

its been longer than 2-3 years...

its been about a decade.

Hack n slash at every pitch is not a championship formula.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

There wasn't a strike thrown in the zone that  until the pitch that Burger hit on the line out to LF for the 3rd out . Everyone wants to be the hero and move the runner along. It's like to hell with everything we know about this pitcher. Even after the Vaughn AB  is there a coach who watches the game stream that can start screaming "He hasn't thrown a pitch in the zone yet. Make him throw you a strike before you start swinging the bat ! "

I just want to be fair to Grandal who was in the on deck circle and may not know that every pitch wasn't in the zone unless informed of it and told specifically don't swing the bat until  you get a called strike 1. That's why teams have coaches . I just wonder if other teams have someone watching the game on TV close enough to the dugout to relay stuff like that to another coach. No one should be afraid to pass along useful information. I don't think it's illegal to watch the game on TV and make observations and relay those observations, as long as you arent stealing signs.

If this was not the White Sox organization, I really have to wonder if Grifol would even last the entire season. What has he shown us so far?

• Thanks 1

I got the impression during the whole game that the White Sox tv announcers (jason and Steve) wanted the Tigers to win the game. Perhaps they should be announcing elsewhere.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

I got the impression during the whole game that the White Sox tv announcers (jason and Steve) wanted the Tigers to win the game. Perhaps they should be announcing elsewhere.

That's a reach.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

This would have been acceptable from 2017-2019.

They were better in two of three tanking seasons. 

• .481 78-64 2016 - “Trying”
  • .469 76-86 2015 - “Trying”
  • .451 73-89 2014 - “Trying”
  • .447 72-90 2019 - Tanking
  • .414 67-95 2017 - Tanking
  • .400 22-33 2023 White Sox
  • .389 63-99 2013 - “Trying”
  • .383 62-100 2018 - Tanking
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

Please send your application to JR.

• Like 2

Random Thoughts:

*7th time this year the Sox took a lead into the 7th inning or later…and lost the game.

*The Sox continue to put players in position to fail by playing them out of position. Jimenez, Vaughn, Sheets, Burger, Frazier et al come to mind.

*The Sox almost seem to be thumbing their noses at things like defense and fundamentals. It is costing them games yet no one is held accountable at any level.

*Tim Anderson is simply not a very good shortstop. Another "bobble" in a key situation. 

*The Sox bizarrely insist on “resting” guys (usually their best players) IN DIVISION GAMES instead of waiting for non-division opponents. Example they play the Angels on Monday, why couldn’t guys play today and take Monday? Plus you can question if they even should have any days off. The Sox get off days on the 1st and the 5th.

This continues to be an incompetent, dysfunctional and inept organization from top to bottom.

• Like 3

I wonder if JR has a shrine in his home dedicated to the late governor Thompson. Without that stadium deal, JR goes to Tampa, where, the way his orginization is run, probably usually finishes last in the ALE. He probably would have spent the last 30 years crying for a new stadium. And I think even he admitted if the Sox moved he would have had to sell the Bulls due to public backlash, which probably would have cost him billions.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, harkness99 said:

its been longer than 2-3 years...

its been about a decade.

Hack n slash at every pitch is not a championship formula.

You're damn right this has been going on for a good 10 years. In fact that decade is which Rick Hahn has been the GM responsible in:

- The roster selection of all these dumb hitters with no plate discipline and lacking the fundamentals in playing smart baseball.

- Hiring of all the loser managers and coaches between the minors and major league level, that don't teach, develop and demand the stronger plate discipline skills approach, along with a total lack of developing unselfish players who can execute smart team baseball

- Hiring an extremely inept scouting dept that obviously can't determine how to find baseball prospects with sound fundamental baseball skills and smart IQ.

• Like 2

like I said earlier, their atrocious start to the year has compounded into everyone thinking they can just play harder/try harder to win games rather than just accepting that they sucked, put the past behind them and start with a clean slate.  they're still pressing (they're all basically mind-f**ked and it's obvious) which doesn't generally win ballgames, just ends up being more of the same if not worse. 

they really need a leader in that clubhouse that they can feed off of, someone who's been through s%*# like this before. as bad as Abreu is now, he was always that guy.  theres a void that exists now because nobody filled that (imo) very important role after he walked. 

The 2023 Sox are basically a team full of prospects/AAAA players and a coaching staff to go along with it. the talent is there but you need more than talent to compete in the big leagues, you need to look at how successful teams operate, they do the little things like look oppo, choke up with 2 strikes, etc.

How many times have we seen guys like Vaughn, Burger, Robert, Moncada, etc try to hit a baseball 500ft in 2 strike counts, it's unbelievable how selfish these players are. they're either selfish or really fucking dumb

• Like 1

1 minute ago, joejoesox said:

like I said earlier, their atrocious start to the year has compounded into everyone thinking they can just play harder/try harder to win games rather than just accepting that they sucked, put the past behind them and start with a clean slate.  they're still pressing (they're all basically mind-f**ked and it's obvious) which doesn't generally win ballgames, just ends up being more of the same if not worse. 

they really need a leader in that clubhouse that they can feed off of, someone who's been through s%*# like this before. as bad as Abreu is now, he was always that guy.  theres a void that exists now because nobody filled that (imo) very important role after he walked. 

The 2023 Sox are basically a team full of prospects/AAAA players and a coaching staff to go along with it. the talent is there but you need more than talent to compete in the big leagues, you need to look at how successful teams operate, they do the little things like look oppo, choke up with 2 strikes, etc.

How many times have we seen guys like Vaughn, Burger, Robert, Moncada, etc try to hit a baseball 500ft in 2 strike counts, it's unbelievable how selfish these players are. they're either selfish or really fucking dumb

Probably both.

55 minutes ago, wegner said:

TA is not a clutch defender....he just is not. The last 2 extra inning losses were in part because he could not make a play at the plate.

Started out with bad hands and still has bad hands.  Can't teach instincts.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

You're damn right this has been going on for a good 10 years. In fact that decade is which Rick Hahn has been the GM responsible in:

- The roster selection of all these dumb hitters with no plate discipline and lacking the fundamentals in playing smart baseball.

- Hiring of all the loser managers and coaches between the minors and major league level, that don't teach, develop and demand the stronger plate discipline skills approach, along with a total lack of developing unselfish players who can execute smart team baseball

- Hiring an extremely inept scouting dept that obviously can't determine how to find baseball prospects with sound fundamental baseball skills and smart IQ.

Our hitting coach was a career minor leaguer for 14 years and never made to the Major Leauges.

Edited by The Mighty Mite
  • Like 1