Sox @ Tigers 12:40

33 minutes ago, FloydBannister1983 said:

I’ve been saying this for a while.

I think it was all team propaganda and the fans ate it up.

Teams like Boston and GMs like Epstein don’t get taken to the cleaners by the likes of Hahn.

Moncada looked lost from the time he arrived.  His one good year was an aberration.

Kopech was always just a thrower.

Jimenez was never going to be more than a DH.

The book is still out on Cease and Vaughn.

Burger is decent.

Robert is a stupid player and a stupid person who can’t even remember his coach’s name.  And he’s hurt all the time.

Lol, come on man.

Must be nice to know what all these universal top prospects were going to be without the benefit of hindsight.

Like are you seriously not considering that maybe the Sox have failed to develop them?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

26 minutes ago, wegner said:

If this was not the White Sox organization, I really have to wonder if Grifol would even last the entire season. What has he shown us so far?

My thoughts are you see that pitcher warming up in the bullpen. Now I don't know whats the percentage of swings on pitches out of the zone for him. I'm just guessing that he gets a lot of them. A well prepared team with a good video analysis department should have those kinds of reports on every pitcher and have that info readily available at the start of a series. That info should be available to every player and brought up by coaches before the inning starts . Then it's up to the player to use that info .

I have no idea how good the Sox video analysis department is nor how often that info is reinforced upon entry into a game by  opposing pitchers. Hitting is very hard and smart hitters , smart coaches and a good infrastructure behind the scenes all mean a lot. It's a team game in a lot more ways than just the manager.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, wegner said:

Pedro basically said the pitchers he used was how they scripted it with Graveman in the 8th and Kelly in the 9th. Huh?? Kelly has never been a closer, Graveman has.

Scripts need a rewrite after only 6 pitches to get 3 outs. Why burn 2 relievers instead of just one and why bring in the non closer ?

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Snopek said:

Lol, come on man.

Must be nice to know what all these universal top prospects were going to be without the benefit of hindsight.

Like are you seriously not considering that maybe the Sox have failed to develop them?

This is where I land. I think the talent was there, but the Sox were unable to help these players reach their potential. 

I also wonder why players come to the Sox and all of the sudden forget how to hit HRs since TLR took over. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, wegner said:

If this was not the White Sox organization, I really have to wonder if Grifol would even last the entire season. What has he shown us so far?

The White Sox have always treated the manager's position as not very important. They never hired a manager with experience except for LaRussa.  If this was another organization, it is very possible Grifol wouldn't have been hired in the first place.

12 minutes ago, Snopek said:

Lol, come on man.

No, I know that teams like Boston and GMs like Epstein don’t get taken to school by the likes of Hahn.  It was obvious seven years ago that he was in over his head.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, baseballgalaly said:

This is where I land. I think the talent was there, but the Sox were unable to help these players reach their potential. 

I also wonder why players come to the Sox and all of the sudden forget how to hit HRs since TLR took over. 

Because the White Sox don’t trade/sign people in their primes. They are on the downside or already peaked. 

1 hour ago, wegner said:

Pedro basically said the pitchers he used was how they scripted it with Graveman in the 8th and Kelly in the 9th. Huh?? Kelly has never been a closer, Graveman has.

He is a moron that would only be hired by us. You can't script s%*# when you are on regular season life support. When he got 6 pitches to get 3 outs, you could have said, we will see how the 1st and 2nd batters go next inning. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Harry Chappas said:

The guy didn't throw a strike and got two strike outs and a line out.  

I thought the pitch Burger  lined out on might've been a strike. I thought it might be a little inside but I think it was kind of a hanger and those can be hit for HR's . Burger hit it well but right at the LFer. But not one of them took a called strike when he wasn't throwing pitches in the zone.

If you don't put any pressure on the pitcher to throw strikes he'll continue to not throw strikes and sometimes they are just wild.  We never will know if he was wild. For all we know he would've loaded the bases with 2 straight walks or forced to throw something other than that great curveball.

21 minutes ago, Snopek said:

Sounds like your armchair gm skills just need work.

Well, look at the flaws in the guys coming up. When’s the last position player who’s lived up to his potential to have spent a significant amount of time with the team throughout his development? I can think of one (TA) in recent memory.

the team has always been in such a rush to bring guys up from the minors to help NOW (like Vaughn) that it’s been to the detriment of their long term success.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Highland said:

The White Sox have always treated the manager's position as not very important. They never hired a manager with experience except for LaRussa.  If this was another organization, it is very possible Grifol wouldn't have been hired in the first place.

Hawk hired Jim Fregosi who was experienced and was a good baseball man but had bad players. Jeff Torberg was also a good hire. 
Firing Renteria and bringing in TLR was one of the biggest blunders in White Sox history.

Edited by The Mighty Mite
  • Fire 1

8 minutes ago, JoeC said:

Well, look at the flaws in the guys coming up. When’s the last position player who’s lived up to his potential to have spent a significant amount of time with the team throughout his development? I can think of one (TA) in recent memory.

the team has always been in such a rush to bring guys up from the minors to help NOW (like Vaughn) that it’s been to the detriment of their long term success.

Oh I totally agree. A big swing and miss on the sarcasm for me. Likely on a slider down and away.

Fell asleep to miss Anderson's defensive misplay after the comeback and immediately wentto box score. 

Why, especially after yesterday, was Kelly in to close the game when Graveman has been getting most of the opportunities after Reynaldo blew his shot at the job? 

Baffling. 

Just not particularly surprising. 

3-1 would have left the Sox just 4 games back. 

Now they're back to being a boat with a stalled engine in the water floating towards Niagara Falls. 

The next thing they will do is go out of their way to prove Hendriks isn't ready to pitch...let alone close. 

Edited by caulfield12

11 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

THAT is how stupid this organization is...."Hey Eloy, we're going to send you on a rehab assignment."
"Sounds good, but not Charlotte, I've been there before."
"OK!"

It's more than that....now at the garage sale they can sell a 2023  game worn Eloy jersey from both affiliates.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, FloydBannister1983 said:

I’ve been saying this for a while.

I think it was all team propaganda and the fans ate it up.

Teams like Boston and GMs like Epstein don’t get taken to the cleaners by the likes of Hahn.

Moncada looked lost from the time he arrived.  His one good year was an aberration.

Kopech was always just a thrower.

Jimenez was never going to be more than a DH.

The book is still out on Cease and Vaughn.

Burger is decent.

Robert is a stupid player and a stupid person who can’t even remember his coach’s name.  And he’s hurt all the time.

Agree on all the above.  Regarding Vaughn, while any competent organization would be developing him at his natural position in the minors, the Sox had him prematurely in the majors playing a position he had never played before.  That's not how you develop a young player, that's how you ruin one.

As for Burger, his development was delayed by two severe Achilles injuries that would have probably ended most careers.  It's impressive that he was able to come all the way back to make the major leagues and he is still developing.

That "young championship core" of TA, Moncada, Eloy, and Kopech were never as good as the hype.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

Agree on all the above.  Regarding Vaughn, while any competent organization would be developing him at his natural position in the minors, the Sox had him prematurely in the majors playing a position he had never played before.  That's not how you develop a young player, that's how you ruin one.

As for Burger, his development was delayed by two severe Achilles injuries that would have probably ended most careers.  It's impressive that he was able to come all the way back to make the major leagues and he is still developing.

That "young championship core" of TA, Moncada, Eloy, and Kopech were never as good as the hype.

Cease and Rodon were obviously good enough the last two years but never synchronized. 

32 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

THAT is how stupid this organization is...."Hey Eloy, we're going to send you on a rehab assignment."
"Sounds good, but not Charlotte, I've been there before."
"OK!"

The inmates are running the asylum. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Snopek said:

Sounds like your armchair gm skills just need work.

is this where you're at now, Sox fans airing their grievances, maybe a little reactionary at times, so you jump down people's throats for being pissed at the wrong thing? Lol

this team fucking sucks, front office sucks, and your post sucked

• Haha 1