5/29/2023: Chicago White Sox vs. Los Angeles Angels 7:10 PM CDT TV: NBCSCH & National FS1; Radio WMVP AM 1000

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

Hendriks storyline destroyed. 

Hahn will have to answer for rushing him back before he had upper 90s stuff and control over his slider. 

Anderson almost made a spectacular play but not to be. 

1 minute ago, Harry Chappas said:

Liam like all others need to be rushed back because this organization is a fucking trainwreck.

If he didn’t give up any runs and was his usual self, would you both be complaining about Hahn rushing Hendriks back?

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, T R U said:

This is a professional league not a charity case. I don’t even understand how it’s responsible at all for Liam to be out there 4 months from a cancer diagnoses. 

Why? If the cancer is gone, why the f*** not? He's healthy. Cancer is gone. Life goes on. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Timmy U said:

He didn't pitch that bad.  Key hit was the Moniak blooper.  Single. Yaz can't throw. Sac Fly. Single off the shortstops's glove.

Yaz’s throw was absolute crap, that didn’t help things.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Paulie4Pres said:

Why? If the cancer is gone, why the f*** not? He's healthy. Cancer is gone. Life goes on. 

Maybe because he had no spring training and a handful of AAA innings to get ready. He’s throwing 95, he’s clearly not fucking ready to throw high leverage MLB innings. 

• Like 2

Just now, Harry Chappas said:

Do you think he was his usual self?  

Not yet, but it sounds like I was up to him as to when he wanted to come back. He will have to face major league hitters eventually. I am sure he is better being up here than spending more time in Charlotte. But I’m just a fan and not a scout like some claim to be.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, T R U said:

Maybe because he had no spring training and a handful of AAA innings to get ready. He’s throwing 95, he’s clearly not fucking ready to throw high leverage MLB innings. 

Does it matter if the offense can’t hit?

• Thanks 1

My man had 5 whole innings of "Spring Training", and they weren't a good 5 innings. Really no reason whatsoever, to try and rush him not only up to the bigs, but to put him into a 1 run game in the 8th?

But then again, this is the Chicago White Sox organization.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

They could have given him a day or 2 to get his feet wet, get comfortable again.  And if his velocity isn't where it was, he should be in Arizona or Charlotte, taking his time.

This is also the same team that welcomed Eloy back by throwing him into RF instead of DHing.

Disappointed but not surprised.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, T R U said:

He has enough problems retiring hitters at 97-100 mph. 

95-96 just isn't going to work... batters will just lay off the slider and his entire psyche us about beating hitters with his FB but that is going to mess with his mind when he can't blow hitters away anymore. 

At least not until 2024. 

Just now, The Beast said:

Does it matter if the offense can’t hit?

I mean yeah it does, we Don’t want him to struggle and he doesn’t want to have a bad first night back. It won’t decide a division, but rushing him back so that he could pitch on a holiday with a good crowd, eh.

• TLR 1

1 minute ago, Capn12 said:

My man had 5 whole innings of "Spring Training", and they weren't a good 5 innings. Really no reason whatsoever, to try and rush him not only up to the bigs, but to put him into a 1 run game in the 8th?

But then again, this is the Chicago White Sox organization.

Of course, conversely, it worked for Joyce's big league debut against the Sox. 

Just now, Balta1701 said:

I mean yeah it does, we Don’t want him to struggle and he doesn’t want to have a bad first night back. It won’t decide a division, but rushing him back so that he could pitch on a holiday with a good crowd, eh.

White Sox bullpen up to 29th best ERA. 

• Fire 1

• Kyyle23 unpinned this topic