5/31/2023 - Angels @ Sox (retroactive gamethread)

JoeC

This game is out of hand with Lynn still in there, Ohtani and Trout have hit massive tape measure shots. LAA up 8-1. We need to sweep Detroit over the weekend or this season is over and they can start to sell some of these guys, I can’t wait to see some of them out of here.

Edited by The Mighty Mite

• bmags pinned this topic
3 minutes ago, bmags said:

bummed I had circled this game to maybe take the kids to but I thought no chance Ohtani played. Wish I'd have risked it.

Apparently he's been turning down his usual off days to try to break out of his recent slump. Mission accomplished, I'd say.

• Thanks 1

The best outcome for this year is for the Sox to be so bad that it forces changes to be made.

The worst outcome for this year is for the Sox to be so bad, but the division is equally as bad to where the Sox "hang around" all year and nothing changes.

I am rooting for them to lose every game. I have to. That's the only way that we have a chance to get change here. It sucks, but its necessary. Its needed.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Autumn Dreamin said:

Apparently he's been turning down his usual off days to try to break out of his recent slump. Mission accomplished, I'd say.

Smart of him to not turn down at bats in the Cell against the Sox rotten pitchers.

Just now, T R U said:

I am rooting for them to lose every game. I have to. That's the only way that we have a chance to get change here. It sucks, but its necessary. Its needed.

The older peeps on the board at least got one WS title out of the Jerry years. There's no chance of anything getting better now with him in charge unfortunately. Only the diehards remain as fans who follow the team on a daily basis.

Just now, greg775 said:

The older peeps on the board at least got one WS title out of the Jerry years. There's no chance of anything getting better now with him in charge unfortunately. Only the diehards remain as fans who follow the team on a daily basis.

Im still watching every game I can, this is my favorite team and always will be. The fact that I have to hope they continue to lose and spiral out of control that it might force the owner to actually hold someone accountable is just sad.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, greg775 said:

I’m an old timer and a die hard and have never wanted them to lose games, just not in my DNA.

• TLR 1