That's a Walk Off Wild Pitch White Sox Winner!

Conspiracy theory time: during grandal's at bat he fouled one off that shot straight down off the catchers leg and made direct impact on the pitch com, which you then saw go flying off into the dirt. Wonder if this broke it or made it malfunction which caused the cross up there at the end 

• Fire 2

• South Side Hit Men changed the title to That's a Walk Off Wild Pitch White Sox Winner!
22 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

The Tigers are rebuilding they SHOULD be worse.

The White Sox remember are supposedly in the middle of a contention window planning parade routes. 😆

If you watched that game and took that from it, you can't enjoy baseball. 

• Thanks 3

That was a cool game to watch. I loved seeing the ump take one off the face mask and keel over as Moncada scored the winning run. TA7 did a good job staying in the box to the last moment then backing off the pitch.

Hinch got outmanaged. They didn't hold Moncada close to second or have any idea how to defend against the bunt. Intentionally walking Sheets was foolish as well.

• Love 1

41 minutes ago, ptatc said:

I enjoy winning not empty promises by incompetent front office's.

I like baseball but I LOVE the White Sox.

Big difference. When the Sox are awful I don't take a lot of enjoyment watching other well run organizations succeed in the sport.

1 minute ago, Kyyle23 said:

I hope that ump is ok, that was kind of scary 

I was watching the game with my dad and was asking him before it happened if he could remember the last game he saw with no RBI. The weirdest part of that last play to me was it was a bullseye to the umpires mask. He didn’t flinch at all. I’m sure he assumed it would be caught but at some point you would think he would be able to tell it wasn’t going to happen and make a little move.

• Hawk 1

11 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I was watching the game with my dad and was asking him before it happened if he could remember the last game he saw with no RBI. The weirdest part of that last play to me was it was a bullseye to the umpires mask. He didn’t flinch at all. I’m sure he assumed it would be caught but at some point you would think he would be able to tell it wasn’t going to happen and make a little move.

We was definitely focused on the ball. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lip Man 1 said:

I enjoy winning not empty promises by incompetent front office's.

I like baseball but I LOVE the White Sox.

Big difference. When the Sox are awful I don't take a lot of enjoyment watching other well run organizations succeed in the sport.

Too bad baseball is a great game to watch and enjoy. But to each his own. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ptatc said:

This division is pathetic. But the Sox are still in it as bad as they have been this spring.  We will see how if June can change our fortunes.

• Love 1

I don’t see the Sox playing any better than .500 from here to the end of July, which still puts them at around 10 under .500 with about 60 games left. 

If they win tomorrow and somehow go 4-2 vs Yankees and Marlins, I’m sure I’ll get roped in to some optimism again. But I highly doubt the next week goes well for the Sox.

• Like 1