6/4 Sox vs. Tigers 1:10PM CT

3 hours ago, JoshPR said:

I ain't fricken playing 2nd... Let's go home. Great approach against lange today

TA made my head explode swinging at that 3-1 pitch. I was like dude why swing, take strike 2 if you have to. Allow the chance for a wild pitch and walk. You know even if you hit it there's a good chance you're grounding into a DP. I swear why this stuff doesn't go through a players head  stumps me.

Even if you are supremely confident in your abilities you should be aware your low your launch angle is and the last thing you want to do is hit into a DP on one of those low curve ball you know you are going to get. Situational awareness was nil.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

4 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

99 games left. In my opinion the Sox need to win 59. If somehow they can that gives them 86 wins and that should at least get them in with a decent record.

Can they do it? We'll see.

That’s 59-40, I’d love to see it but they’ve been a .500 team now for almost 2 years. The pitching is coming around except for Lynn but the hitters really have to start producing on a regular basis to have a chance of a Division title.

Edited by The Mighty Mite
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think we'll know about this season in 3 weeks. Play .500 ball through this period and they will

have a chance. I'm actually happy just to be where we are.  P.S. Our bullpen could actually

be a strength going forward.

Edited by zisk
add
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

99 games left. In my opinion the Sox need to win 59. If somehow they can that gives them 86 wins and that should at least get them in with a decent record.

There’s 101 games left. 86-76 would mean 60-41. Possible, but unlikely.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

TA made my head explode swinging at that 3-1 pitch. I was like dude why swing, take strike 2 if you have to. Allow the chance for a wild pitch. You know even if you hit it there's a good chance you're grounding into a DP.

They won. Just be happy. Join the party for a little while.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

I thought you wrote them off?

• Fire 1

58 minutes ago, soxrwhite said:

I thought you wrote them off?

As he should. If you think this team is going to go 60-41 you’re not living in reality. 

They are about to get buried anyways, we’re not playing Detroit level opponents the next few weeks. 

Great walk-off grand slam series win.

I'm keeping my excitement and expectations in check, because as we all know, the Sox will tease you here and there and then break your heart.

The next 8 teams and 22 games over four weeks will determine if this team is good enough to compete and win the division. There are no weak teams for the next 22 games. If they can catch the Twins and lead after that 22nd game versus The Angels...then we might just have something. 

The starters have all improved except for Lynn and the bullpen is looking sharp, but the hitting is still anemic and inconsistent. The wildly free-swinging Sox hitters struck out 14 times today. Although the patience and discipline in the 9th inning by Moncada and TA was impressive against Lange. However the other Sox hitters need to start all being more patient at the plate. 

• Love 1

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic