6/5 Games

Sleepy Harold

10 minutes ago, bighurt4life said:

Who are the youngsters to watch on these teams??

Ryan Burrowes, all three Hernandezes (Arxy 3b, Erick LF, and Ronny, c) Carlos Jimenez and Godwin Bennet both have power, and I am intrigued by Arnold Prado, cf. He hit well in the DSL but has shown that much pop yet.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

What makes you think this? 

I wrote this about him prior to the season...

Nunez Jr. is definitely someone you are not going to see on other lists.  He just signed with the Sox as a 16 year old out of the Dominican Republic.  Marco Paddy said they expect Nunez Jr. to get up to about 6'4" which gives him a ton of projectable power.  He has a smooth lefty swing and a great bat flip game already, the swag here is enough to jump him over some of the more questionable prospects in the organization.  Once the DSL starts up this summer, Nunez Jr. is definitely someone to keep an eye on and see if he can develop into a prospect worthy of this ranking.  

_____

To follow that, I do really like his swing.  Its smooth, got power already on a slightly thin frame which lends itself to much larger power projections than someone smaller.  He seems to have nice control of his bat through the zone and has what appears to be a good loft on his swing already.  

It's obviously a long ways to go for him but as a prospect I like him a lot and his potential to become ranked in the 200-300 on prospect ranks one day and even higher.  

Me personally I'm close to putting him up with the top group of international signings from January (obvious behind Salas)

• Like 1