6/8 Sox @ Yankees Doubleheader Game 1 3:05PM CT

Lynn vs. Severino

Lynn coming off of a forgettable start however his only 2 starts this year giving up 6 or more earned runs were followed up with a quality start. Hopefully that trend continues.

Let's keep the W train rolling!

Edited by DoUEvenShift

14 minutes ago, Autumn Dreamin said:

I mean...playing the Yankees while they're down Judge certainly has its appeal, but not if the health impacts cost the team later.

Just heard on the News that the air quality in NYC is going to be worse tomorrow than it is today.

Edited by The Mighty Mite

• DoUEvenShift changed the title to 6/7 Sox @ Yankees 6:05PM CT - GAME PPD. DH TOMORROW STARTING 3PM CT
Just now, FourEyesShottenhoffer said:

Not sure if its just a hazy day but I seem to be detecting some smoke over here in NE Indiana. Could be my imagination but there seems to be a faint odor of burning leaves along with yellowish haze

it's def wildfire smoke. usually it sticks up higher but with the right conditions it gets forced down to ground level. most people describe it as a burning leaves smell or maybe campfire. Personally I don't really smell either of those, more like a burnt marshmallow imo.

8 minutes ago, FourEyesShottenhoffer said:

Not sure if its just a hazy day but I seem to be detecting some smoke over here in NE Indiana. Could be my imagination but there seems to be a faint odor of burning leaves along with yellowish haze

I just watched the weather report. NW IN definitely has low air quality today.

1 hour ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Surprised they are burning a Seby start with Lynn on the mound. Wonder if anything is wrong with Grandal. 

Burger is starting, so Soxtalk will save 1TB of bandwidth today, partially offset by the Northeast contingent whining about air quality.

That was funny...and yes we definitely avoided a massive debate and saved a lot of bandwidth seeing Burger was going to start. However Pedro still screwed it up by having Jake bat 7th and not higher and a joke being two spots behind Moncada.

Great baseball logic Pedro. Let Moncada with his stellar 2 HR's, .377 SLG, .678 OPS bat 5th and drop Burger two spots behind to 7th, with his 12 HR's, .606 SLG, .923 OPS!

Several weather sites in New York say the forecast for Thursday isn't getting any better! The air quality is dangerous high and if it isn't any better than today, I would think they probably would have to cancel the doubleheader tomorrow.

What do you think will happen if they have to cancel the doubleheader tomorrow? We only play the Yankees one more time this season in a 3 game series in Chicago.   

1 hour ago, The Kids Can Play said:

Several weather sites in New York say the forecast for Thursday isn't getting any better! The air quality is dangerous high and if it isn't any better than today, I would think they probably would have to cancel the doubleheader tomorrow.

What do you think will happen if they have to cancel the doubleheader tomorrow? We only play the Yankees one more time this season in a 3 game series in Chicago.   

My guess would be if both teams have the same off day moving forward the Sox will have to go to New York. But they could also wait and say the games will be made up, only if they impact any of the divisional, wild card or postseason races.

There have been years when games weren't made up because they had no impact on races or playoff spots.

• Thanks 1

• DoUEvenShift changed the title to 6/8 Sox @ Yankees Doubleheader Game 1 3:05PM CT
  • Kyyle23 pinned this topic
  • Quin unpinned and locked this topic