6/8 Sox @ Yankees Doubleheader Game 1 3:05PM CT

1. Tanner Banks looks to be the 27th man tomorrow.

2. Jimmy Lambert in Charlotte on injury rehab. He gave up a hit, two walks and three runs in one inning of work tonight.

3. Not sure games will occur tomorrow.

4. Billy Hamilton pinch ran today and of course scored a run. Struck out in his one at bat.

https://www.milb.com/gameday/knights-vs-stripers/2023/06/07/723658#game_state=live,game_tab=,game=723658

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SonofaRoache said:

I'm starting to feel guilty about playing in this division. Our division sucks so much ass. We need everything to fall our way collectively to win against solid teams. 

My wife asked me last night if the Sox were still out of it. I told her they actually could still win the division. But then she said "yeah but then they'd do nothing in the playoffs"

Why is she trying to ruin this ray of hope for me??

Recalling visit to NYY 1967? Bottom nine tie score with Tigers. Mickey Mantle hobbles up to the plate to pinch hit, puts one over the RF wall for a Yankee walk-off. His knees were gone by then. 

• DoUEvenShift changed the title to 6/8 Sox @ Yankees Doubleheader Game 1 3:05PM CT
13 hours ago, wegner said:

My wife asked me last night if the Sox were still out of it. I told her they actually could still win the division. But then she said "yeah but then they'd do nothing in the playoffs"

Why is she trying to ruin this ray of hope for me??

Sounds like your wife is pretty smart and knows more about the White Sox playoff tradition than you think! ☺️

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Kids Can Play said:

Sounds like your wife is pretty smart and knows more about the White Sox playoff tradition than you think! ☺️

I am painfully aware of both of those things....I just thought she would be nice and keep it to herself for now

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, wegner said:

How does it look where you are, now?

I'm working from home today, but the skies are grey instead of orange. 

The AQI is dropping to "unhealthy" thankfully and no longer smells like a campefire outside - just slightly musky. If it keeps dropping, they'd almost certainly play.

The weird thing is that a bunch co-workers and I all woke up feeling sore, as if we were severely dehydrated. So hopefully the Sox stayed hydrated last night.

My idiot neighbors decided that today would be a great day to start drilling our sidewalk, which is kicking up a bunch more dust.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

My guess would be if both teams have the same off day moving forward the Sox will have to go to New York. But they could also wait and say the games will be made up, only if they impact any of the divisional, wild card or postseason races.

There have been years when games weren't made up because they had no impact on races or playoff spots.

As long as we are guessing, this could quickly become a baseball disaster in a few more days and they might have to move some games soon. US fire fighters heading north to the Canadian tundra to help out.

40 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Well it looks like the filming of mad max has ended.  Thankfully they convinced George Miller to move the production elsewhere 

George Miller isn't our biggest concern.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Quin unpinned and locked this topic