6/8 Sox @ Yankees Doubleheader Game 1 3:05PM CT

18 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Some of the Moncada takes from earlier in this thread are absolutely hysterical when you consider how many other underachieving players there are on this team who don't receive ~5% of the criticism.

looking at you TA after another lifeless groundout,

Sheets is who I discuss the most, since there is no room in 2023 for a mediocre DH only platoon only DH on a roster.

That said, tge no brainer most worthless call among the core you g players is Eloy, and it’s not even close. He has a third of the fWAR as Moncada and Tim, Robert is close to doubling him up and he was called up a year later.

He will never be able to field at a professional level, never be able to stay healthy, and will never be counted on to be a “championship caliber player”.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hogan873 said:

The thing is, I don't know if he's capable of pitching better.  Whether it's something physical or he's refusing to make an adjustment.  Each start he goes out and throws BP and puts the team at a significant disadvantage.  Maybe an IL stint is needed.  Maybe a swift kick in the ass is needed.

I think it's possible for him to still be a useful pitcher but I don't know how he gets there. Pitchers who are completely washed don't strikeout 25% of hitters like he is.

Sure would be nice to have Dane Dunning and his 2.52 ERA, 1.10 ratio and 5-1 record. And he doesn't weigh 300lbs.

You have to either put him in the bullpen or DFA him.  You are 3.5 games out and he is killing you.  

Or go to a 4 man rotation.  Or trade for any pitcher who isn't a fat out of shape scrub

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

DFAing Lynn considering the orgs lack of depth would obviously be insane. He has to pitch better. It is what it is.

Exactly. Keuchel was already DFA’d by now so that’s another reason why I believe Lynn is staying. IIRC Keuchel also couldn’t get through the early parts of the game whereas Lynn has been able to struggle through innings and has had some bright spots this year.

• Quin unpinned and locked this topic