AL Central Records since Apr 29

Greg Hibbard

2 hours ago, Greg Hibbard said:

Sox 20-14

Det 16-17

Cle 15-19

Min 15-19

KCR 11-23

Sox have gained 3.5 on Detroit, 5 on Minnesota and Cleveland each in just 34 games. 

God, this division just sucks. 79 games might win it. 

Unfortunately the season started on March 30.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Fire 2

Sox have a .668 team OPS over the last 30 days. Continuing to rely on strong starting pitching, a nearly-perfect bullpen and a couple hot hitters is not sustainable. If multiple hitters don't start reverting to their career averages, the winning won't continue.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I feel incredibly dirty being excited about the Sox chances in this terrible division. Both Central's are awful. When the league expands to 32 teams I pray they go to 4 divisons of 8 and just get rid of both Central divisons. But the Sox are in the thick of this race now.

9 minutes ago, WilliamTell said:

I feel incredibly dirty being excited about the Sox chances in this terrible division. Both Central's are awful. When the league expands to 32 teams I pray they go to 4 divisons of 8 and just get rid of both Central divisons. But the Sox are in the thick of this race now.

Amen. I can’t believe they’ve actually said they’ll go to 8 divisions of 4 teams, but that’s Manfred for you. Hopefully they’ll come to their senses before that happens. The smart thing is 16 teams in the Eastern time zone. 8 Central. 8 mtn/pac. Realignment. 4 division winners. 8 wildcards. But I bet they’ll go to 14 postseason teams because they can’t help themselves. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, flavum said:

Amen. I can’t believe they’ve actually said they’ll go to 8 divisions of 4 teams, but that’s Manfred for you. Hopefully they’ll come to their senses before that happens. The smart thing is 16 teams in the Eastern time zone. 8 Central. 8 mtn/pac. Realignment. 4 division winners. 8 wildcards. But I bet they’ll go to 14 postseason teams because they can’t help themselves. 

If they do 8 divisions of 4, would the Sox division include Cubs, Brewers, and...STL?

13 hours ago, Greg Hibbard said:

Sox 20-14

Det 16-17

Cle 15-19

Min 15-19

KCR 11-23

Sox have gained 3.5 on Detroit, 5 on Minnesota and Cleveland each in just 34 games. 

God, this division just sucks. 79 games might win it. 

I don’t think there’s anybody alive that thinks this team can play .600, let alone .500, the rest of the way.

5 minutes ago, FloydBannister1983 said:

I don’t think there’s anybody alive that thinks this team can play .600, let alone .500, the rest of the way.

It's an laughably absurd to posit that anybody alive doesn't believe this team isn't capable of winning 77 games out of 162.  Walk away from the edge. 

1 hour ago, flavum said:

I completely agree. I know it won't go this way but say Montreal and Nashville get expansion teams, if you wanted to keep American and National Leagues, which I assume because there's nearly 125 and 150 years invested in each league.

AL East) New York, Boston, Baltimore, Tampa Bay, Toronto, Detroit, Cleveland, NASHVILLE

AL West) Chicago, Kansas City, Minnesota, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Seattle, Houston, Texas

NL East) New York, Philadelphia, Washington, Miami, Atlanta, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, MONTREAL

NL West) Chicago, St. Louis, Milwaukee, Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Diego, Arizona, Colorado

Now if expansion teams go to Salt Lake City, Portland, or any team west of the Mississippi, this won't work. Either way it's fun to imagine and wait and see how they'll screw it up in a few years.

9 minutes ago, WilliamTell said:

I completely agree. I know it won't go this way but say Montreal and Nashville get expansion teams, if you wanted to keep American and National Leagues, which I assume because there's nearly 125 and 150 years invested in each league.

AL East) New York, Boston, Baltimore, Tampa Bay, Toronto, Detroit, Cleveland, NASHVILLE

AL West) Chicago, Kansas City, Minnesota, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Seattle, Houston, Texas

NL East) New York, Philadelphia, Washington, Miami, Atlanta, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, MONTREAL

NL West) Chicago, St. Louis, Milwaukee, Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Diego, Arizona, Colorado

Now if expansion teams go to Salt Lake City, Portland, or any team west of the Mississippi, this won't work. Either way it's fun to imagine and wait and see how they'll screw it up in a few years.

JR and other owners of teams in the Central time zone fought for years to get out of divisions with west coast teams. They aren't going to go back. It will end up being 8 divisions of 4, just like the NFL.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

JR and other owners of teams in the Central time zone fought for years to get out of divisions with west coast teams. They aren't going to go back. It will end up being 8 divisions of 4, just like the NFL.

Gotta have more participation trophies! Yay we won the AL South! White Sox obviously won't be in that divison but you get what I'm saying.