6/8 Sox @ Yankees Doubleheader Game 2 6:35PM CT

Just now, reiks12 said:

we all knew this guy was going to shut our shitty offense down. Second MLB start.

Robert: Just tell me how fast he throws

Maybe keeping things simple and not THINKING/ANALYZING things too much is actually what works best for him.

I don't think most were expecting a mid 800's OPS.   Hoping.  But not expecting, exactly.

• Like 1

Just now, caulfield12 said:

Maybe keeping things simple and not THINKING/ANALYZING things too much is actually what works best for him.

I don't think most were expecting a mid 800's OPS.   Hoping.  But not expecting, exactly.

Its less about Robert and more about how this team prepares for pitchers they have never seen before

Really does just feel like the White Sox were content to get 2 out of 3...a sweep was expecting way too much.

8 groundouts so far in this one already.

Game moving fast, not shocking for the finale of straight DH with the challenging weather conditions.

Edited by caulfield12

Who in God's name is going to eat a whole tub of mustard with a wooden spoon, lol?

DJ Len Kasper talking about the current Guardians' home crowd shot on MLB.tv.

Created a poll even...if forced to, would you choose to eat a tub of ketchup, mustard, mayo or BBQ sauce with a WOODEN spoon, haha?

3 minutes ago, wegner said:

I think someone else pointed out earlier this season that Burger might be our best defensive 1B

it's not even close. burger is a cromulent 3B, he's easily an above avg 1st base. Vaughn is an absolute stiff, which at 5-10 is a real problem. He has no range.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

White Sox are going to stay percentage points above DET for 3rd place tonight, regardless of what happens in the Sox/Yankees game.

Thank goodness. I’ll be able to sleep well tonight now. Nothing like being a few percentage points ahead in a battle for 3rd/4th place on June 8. 

Guardians crushing the Red Sox, looks like they'll somehow just be 1 1/2 games back at 29-33 going into action tomorrow.

Naylor and Jose Ramirez the ONLY two hitters with over an 800 OPS in the CLE line-up..everyone else below 700.

Edited by caulfield12

3 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

Thank goodness. I’ll be able to sleep well tonight now. Nothing like being a few percentage points ahead in a battle for 3rd/4th place on June 8. 

Kasper just spent 2-3 minutes talking it up, lol.

That's what happens when you're paid by your team to promote the product on the field.

15 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Who in God's name is going to eat a whole tub of mustard with a wooden spoon, lol?

DJ Len Kasper talking about the current Guardians' home crowd shot on MLB.tv.

Created a poll even...if forced to, would you choose to eat a tub of ketchup, mustard, mayo or BBQ sauce with a WOODEN spoon, haha?

BBQ, easy.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Quin said:

BBQ, easy.

Yeah, would go with KC Masterpiece (if it still exists), Gates or Oklahoma Joe's.

Kasper just predicted 86-76 would be enough to win the Central.

That's almost where the 2008 season ended, and both those Sox and Twins teams were much better...not to mention the increased difficulty of schedule this year.

Edited by caulfield12

• Capn12 unpinned this topic