Cease

BamaDoc

7 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

For as much as I love Dylan Cease, he is having a down year or maybe last season was an anomaly.  He's got dominant stuff, but I don't ever see him being a 7 innings horse.  

I'd cash in now.  

I agree with you to cash in now, but I don't think last year was an anomaly. The Sox at horrible at helping hitters or pitchers struggling to suggest small tweaks and adjustments to get them improved and back on track.  Let Cease go to a good team and watch the difference going forward. Case in point, the Rays and Diekman.

Just now, MiddleCoastBias said:

That'll be a kick in the dick if Baltimore and Detroit come to a deal before we do.

There's enough buyers that you can take Baltimore and the Tigers' starters off the board and it will make the buyers that much more desperate.

The Sox need to make sure they take advantage though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Quin said:

There's enough buyers that you can take Baltimore and the Tigers' starters off the board and it will make the buyers that much more desperate.

The Sox need to make sure they take advantage though.

That's fair and true. Just have my heart set on all of the options Baltimore presents. Some of the other teams listed as buyers have fewer top prospects, but beggars can't be choosers at this point.

I think the moves with BAL and MIL are intertwined. 

If they can get Black for Burger, then maybe you focus more on pitching for Cease and that's where BAL comes up short.

But if MIL doesn't work, then you sell Cease for the BAL hitters and try to move Bummer + Burger for a really good SP prospect. 

I think AZ and SFG also matches up well on Cease where you can get an elite pitcher and hitter from both as the two main pieces and fill in the lesser pieces after that. 

But if they can get something done with MIL today for Burger or Jimenez, that would help to clarify other priorities.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

If they can get Black for Burger, then maybe you focus more on pitching for Cease and that's where BAL comes up short.

But if MIL doesn't work, then you sell Cease for the BAL hitters and try to move Bummer + Burger for a really good SP prospect. 

I think AZ and SFG also matches up well on Cease where you can get an elite pitcher and hitter from both as the two main pieces and fill in the lesser pieces after that. 

But if they can get something done with MIL today for Burger or Jimenez, that would help to clarify other priorities.

I’m still skeptical the Sox do anything of significance before this deadline but they really need to.

• Like 4

Just now, fathom said:

Middleton is last one they trade IMO and then “load up” for 2024

And by "load up", we'll go find 2-3 arms past their prime, looking to get one last shot at the majors.

Big time organization!

• Like 4

Everything points to dealing him being the correct decision.  The market, the lack of available pitching, active playoff races all across the league, our awful season, etc.  

The ONLY thing this FO could look at that could cause them hesitation would be their aims for 2024.  I, for one, will be LIVID is they calculate their (remote) chances for a meaningless AL Central crown next season overwhelms the absolute haul we could get for Cease.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Baron said:

You know the White Sox could really take advantage of his market when Rich Hill's name is coming up in trade. Some teams are really desperate. 

I don't know how desperate the situation would be when Giolito + Lopez netted us a very underwhelming return.

Unless our GM is a dope, which is highly likely. 

• TLR 1

17 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

I don't know how desperate the situation would be when Giolito + Lopez netted us a very underwhelming return.

You are only going to get some much for two rental pitchers

Cease would command a far superior return given the additional two seasons of control. If the price is right they should consider moving him. 

1 hour ago, SoCalChiSox said:

BAL literally has poor pitching prospects.

4 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

BAL literally has poor pitching prospects.

If Baltimore made Grayson Rodriguez available I could see the Sox being interested. 

Grayson Rodriguez + Sox selection of any prospect except Holliday + quality third piece + flyer could be a workable package.

45 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

How is Quero a disappointing return?  He is one of the best C prospects in the game, and consensus mid-top 100 prospect.  

• Like 1