Jump to content

Fire Chris Getz


South Side Hit Men
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 6/14/2024 at 7:28 AM, baseball_gal_aly said:

Getz is a clown.

His evaluations of Fletcher and DeLoach give me no confidence he knows what makes a good hitter. 

And now Thorpe as the centerpiece of the Cease deal when the likes of Snelling, Lesko and Mazur were also theoretically available.  Surely, Preller blocked the first two, but it was realistically Thorpe vs. Mazur (Univ of Iowa).

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I enjoyed the plan to upgrade the defense so the top pitchers would come here. The rebuild is coming along as we expected. Couple of 4A nitwits from KC failing upward. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Removing Kopech won't make much of a difference, but if you add DeJong, Pham, Flexen, Wilson, Banks, Clevinger, Crochet, Robert, Jimenez, and Moncada all together, you'd have to expect closer to a 15-25% winning percentage.

Obviously, Robert and Crochet might not be matches right now (value wise), and Moncada and Jimenez could be stuck with the team and vice versa, but yikes.

 

Honestly don't even have any idea what the remaining rotation would look like.

I guess Thorpe, Nastrini, Cannon, probably Clevinger...then whoever they decide to go with from the Barons' remaining list of guys, other than Schultz.

Which means Berroa, Inciarte, Bush, Eder, Adams, etc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, pcq said:

I enjoyed the plan to upgrade the defense so the top pitchers would come here. The rebuild is coming along as we expected. Couple of 4A nitwits from KC failing upward. 

But did you know that the Sox haven’t been shut out in the last 41 games?

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Removing Kopech won't make much of a difference, but if you add DeJong, Pham, Flexen, Wilson, Banks, Clevinger, Crochet, Robert, Jimenez, and Moncada all together, you'd have to expect closer to a 15-25% winning percentage.

Obviously, Robert and Crochet might not be matches right now (value wise), and Moncada and Jimenez could be stuck with the team and vice versa, but yikes.

 

Honestly don't even have any idea what the remaining rotation would look like.

I guess Thorpe, Nastrini, Cannon, probably Clevinger...then whoever they decide to go with from the Barons' remaining list of guys, other than Schultz.

Which means Berroa, Inciarte, Bush, Eder, Adams, etc.

Nice post

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/16/2024 at 10:40 PM, Quin said:

 

 

Another thing, the White Sox all time record right now is 9572-9545, IIRC after the GO GO years the White Sox all time record was around 250 games over .500 now down to 27 games over. At the end of 2024 the Sox all time record for the first time since I became a Sox fan will be under .500. Of the original 16 teams the only teams under .500 are the Twins (old Senators), Athletics, Orioles ( Browns) and the Phillies.

 

Sox W-L record by decade, does not include the 2024 season.

IMG_0034.png

Edited by The Mighty Mite
  • TLR 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, The Mighty Mite said:

Another thing, the White Sox all time record right now is 9572-9545, IIRC after the GO GO years the White Sox all time record was around 250 games over .500 now down to 27 games over. At the end of 2024 the Sox all time record for the first time since I became a Sox fan will be under .500. Of the original 16 teams the only teams under .500 are the Twins (old Senators), Athletics, Orioles ( Browns) and the Phillies.

 

Sox W-L record by decade, does not include the 2024 season.

IMG_0034.png

I'm pretty sure the Sox dipped to under .500 under JR's watch this season. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

I'm pretty sure the Sox dipped to under .500 under JR's watch this season. 

Correct. They are something like 23 to 30 games under .500 now under his watch. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

The great catcher that Getz developed has been DFA.

“Mariners designated C Seby Zavala for assignment.“

Never forget Seby.

Please claim him and release Moldy.  Please, I beg you.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well since Getz released Zavala shortly after he was named GM, I doubt he disagrees with the assessment of Zavala, a 2015 12th ranked pick that didn't develop into a major league regular...

On another matter, why is Kuhl, who had been horrible in Charlotte on this major league roster, and why did Pedro choose bases loaded for his for appearance of the year?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, baseball_gal_aly said:

Clown

Jerry Reinsdorf on August 31st, 2023:

 

 

“Since I’m older, I feel more of a sense of urgency,” said Reinsdorf, who turns 88 in February. “But I wanted to win from the first day. If you ever sat with me during a game, you would see somebody who wants to win even when we are 30 games under .500.

“I don’t want to make predictions, but in this division and with the core of talent that we have, I would hope and I expect that next year is going to be a lot better than this year. How much better? I don’t know. But look at the core of this team.”

 

  • Fire 1
  • Paper Bag 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Tony said:

Jerry Reinsdorf on August 31st, 2023:

 

 

“Since I’m older, I feel more of a sense of urgency,” said Reinsdorf, who turns 88 in February. “But I wanted to win from the first day. If you ever sat with me during a game, you would see somebody who wants to win even when we are 30 games under .500.

“I don’t want to make predictions, but in this division and with the core of talent that we have, I would hope and I expect that next year is going to be a lot better than this year. How much better? I don’t know. But look at the core of this team.”

 

30 Liar Memes That Will Have Every Deceiver's Pants On Fire! | Funny happy  birthday meme, Friends quotes funny, Funny happy birthday pictures

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, PaleAleSox said:

In his defense, he didn’t say they would turn it around quick. That was the root of all the problems who said that. 

I really wish one of the beat reporters would simply ask the question in the scrum: "Chris, less than a year ago at your introductory press conference, your boss said he thought the 2024 White Sox would be better than last year, and assured fans this wouldn’t be a true rebuild. Are you on the same page with Jerry? What changed?”

But of course no one will. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Tony said:

I really wish one of the beat reporters would simply ask the question in the scrum: "Chris, less than a year ago at your introductory press conference, your boss said he thought the 2024 White Sox would be better than last year, and assured fans this wouldn’t be a true rebuild. Are you on the same page with Jerry? What changed?”

But of course no one will. 

Have they announced yet when Soxfest will be this offseason??

That is the only way a question remotely like that would ever be asked.

Edited by wegner
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...