Jump to content

Pedro Grifol is the Best _______________.


hi8is
 Share

Recommended Posts

He's the best ass kisser in baseball. That has to be the only way he got the job and when he gets fired (and eventually he will) he will probably go down as the worst manager by win percentage in the 124 year history of the franchise. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, hi8is said:

Fill in the blank.

Pedro Grifol is the best brown nosing asshat in baseball.

Your turn…

Pedro is the best “deer in the headlights” manager in MLB.  He should be replaced ASAP to shake the team up, as you cannot fire all the players.  The buck on the field stops with Pedro.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pedro is the best ... scapegoat ever to manage an MLB team.

Explanation: Sure he's horrible but in all fairness, given the same talent no manager could avoil 105 losses with this team. MAYBE an Earl Weaver or Jim Leyland could account for five more wins than Pedro will end up with in late September, but that's all. This.Team.Blows.

  • Paper Bag 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, greg775 said:

Pedro is the best ... scapegoat ever to manage an MLB team.

Explanation: Sure he's horrible but in all fairness, given the same talent no manager could avoil 105 losses with this team. MAYBE an Earl Weaver or Jim Leyland could account for five more wins than Pedro will end up with in late September, but that's all. This.Team.Blows.

Agree with this 100%. The people who come on this forum and literally post 50 or more times a week something along the lines of "Fire Pedro" (You know like the guy that started this thread), I don't understand them. What can he possibly do?  People post this quote or that quote by Pedro and make fun of him. Again, what can he say? He has to talk to the media. How many different ways can a guy say our talent is awful without coming out and saying our talent is awful. 

What bullpen moves should he be making. How do you fix a batting order that is made up of four or five guys who were released by other teams last year, and two guys you were depending on have completely forgotten (if they every knew) how to bat. Your three most talented guys are out with injuries. What can he do?

But you four or five posters (you know who you are), just keep posting six or seven times a day how he needs to be fired. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

He could maybe, just maybe, stop throwing young guys under the bus to the media while continuing to let vets wander around the field lackadaisically without a single critique?  Just a thought.  Maybe stop pitching Kopech in the 8th?  Maybe stop hitting AV 2,3, or 4? Maybe stop playing Maldonado?  Maybe stop playing Benintendi?  Maybe open the door to his office?  Crazy ideas.

Edited by Rusty
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, vilehoopster said:

Agree with this 100%. The people who come on this forum and literally post 50 or more times a week something along the lines of "Fire Pedro" (You know like the guy that started this thread), I don't understand them. What can he possibly do?  People post this quote or that quote by Pedro and make fun of him. Again, what can he say? He has to talk to the media. How many different ways can a guy say our talent is awful without coming out and saying our talent is awful. 

What bullpen moves should he be making. How do you fix a batting order that is made up of four or five guys who were released by other teams last year, and two guys you were depending on have completely forgotten (if they every knew) how to bat. Your three most talented guys are out with injuries. What can he do?

But you four or five posters (you know who you are), just keep posting six or seven times a day how he needs to be fired. 

If you have a s%*# team, presumably you’d want the team to improve. A s%*# manager doesn’t help that happen. I don’t see how this is a difficult concept to comprehend

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Rusty said:

He could maybe, just maybe, stop throwing young guys under the bus to the media while continuing to let vets wander around the field lackadaisically without a single critique?  Just a thought.  Maybe stop pitching Kopech in the 8th?  Maybe stop hitting AV 2,3, or 4? Maybe stop playing Maldonado?  Maybe stop playing Benintendi?  Maybe open the door to his office?  Crazy ideas.

Okay . . . fix it. 

Who is less bad that you pitch in the 8th. Who is that shut down guy to get it to the 9th?  Give me that name in the bullpen who would be less bad? Not even better, just less bad?

Who do you bat that is going to change the lineup and hit with either power or get on base to have bat at 2, 3, or 4th. Look down that dug out bench and tell me?

Now be serious with me. Do really think it is up to Pedro that Maldonado and Benintendi are both playing, especially Maldonado? I think Pedro is being forced to play those two (or it is strongly suggested to him from up above) to justify their salaries. I think it was exactly like that when Yonder Alonso was grounding out every at bat when he was with the Sox. I can't believe any manager, if the choice were up to him, who ever wanted to win would be writing Maldonado (or Alonso's name) in the line up card. 

Do you really think that Pedro wants to be pitching Nastrini today? I don't for a second believe that bringing Nastrini up and starting him was up to Pedro. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Amazing that anyone would actually exert some effort to defend Grifol.  Sure, the team is awful but Grifol is a terrible manager in his own right and should be fired for his own individual shortcomings, regardless of the awful team that Getz put together.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, vilehoopster said:

Agree with this 100%. The people who come on this forum and literally post 50 or more times a week something along the lines of "Fire Pedro" (You know like the guy that started this thread), I don't understand them. What can he possibly do?  People post this quote or that quote by Pedro and make fun of him. Again, what can he say? He has to talk to the media. How many different ways can a guy say our talent is awful without coming out and saying our talent is awful. 

What bullpen moves should he be making. How do you fix a batting order that is made up of four or five guys who were released by other teams last year, and two guys you were depending on have completely forgotten (if they every knew) how to bat. Your three most talented guys are out with injuries. What can he do?

But you four or five posters (you know who you are), just keep posting six or seven times a day how he needs to be fired. 

You didn’t fill in the blank. F.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, vilehoopster said:

Okay . . . fix it. 

Who is less bad that you pitch in the 8th. Who is that shut down guy to get it to the 9th?  Give me that name in the bullpen who would be less bad? Not even better, just less bad?

Who do you bat that is going to change the lineup and hit with either power or get on base to have bat at 2, 3, or 4th. Look down that dug out bench and tell me?

Now be serious with me. Do really think it is up to Pedro that Maldonado and Benintendi are both playing, especially Maldonado? I think Pedro is being forced to play those two (or it is strongly suggested to him from up above) to justify their salaries. I think it was exactly like that when Yonder Alonso was grounding out every at bat when he was with the Sox. I can't believe any manager, if the choice were up to him, who ever wanted to win would be writing Maldonado (or Alonso's name) in the line up card. 

Do you really think that Pedro wants to be pitching Nastrini today? I don't for a second believe that bringing Nastrini up and starting him was up to Pedro. 

 

How’s it taste?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...